• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite multiple warnings on not dropping the subject, Gargoyle 1 has ignored both myself and another staff member to drop the issue.

Gargoyle 1 would not drop that a vs thread had been concluded over a month and still argued that it should be open. The discussion was in this thread.

Doesn't warrant a ban. He did say he meant no disrespect and clearly he didn't. At worst a warning would do but...you say you've already warned him (and so has another staff member). Meh. I guess just wait to see what an admin thinks.

People need to understand that once the grace period is over, no more votes. It's not my fault that I can't close and add the results and that's not an excuse anyway.

It's part of the vs thread rules, which I addressed multiple times, that when the voting is over, further commenting should be avoided indefinitely.

I agree with CK here. He also necro'd the wiki a month later when he had so much time to make his vote before the grace period was over. Unnecessary statements shouldn't be tolerated in my opinion.

I'm the one who necro'd the thread and added a vote first, not him, so if you have a problem to address, address it with me.

The point still stands and the thread was already over, my apologies if I sound rude, I'm not trying to be, but it's part of the wiki rules.

I agree with Colonel, the topic has long been concluded. If anything, I consider it a miss on discussion moderators such as myself for not closing the topic earlier to prevent unnecessary bumping.

I don't believe we should threaten people because they replied to a really old thread.Yes it is annoying but even if he does that again i wouldn't go as far as ban him, maybe ask nicely to stop.

Gargoyle may have continued it long after I necro'd it, and going back and forward on it, but I still started it. So it's not entirely on him.

I agree with Gwynbleiddd. A polite explanation from the staff, combined with closing the thread, is enough. We cannot turn tyrannical against harmless members.

Didn't Ven already say this thread is way too cluttered for discussion?

Unban him. If he refuses, then ban. Jeez....

I personally consider it very risky to keep a new member with that kind of attitude around. In addition, he has kept some of the "personal information" descriptions even after the warning. It might be best to permanently ban him as a precaution.

It's possible he just hasn't been online for the 5 hours since Matt messaged him. Give them at least 24 hours. It's only on their profile, so it isn't like it is appearing on the main pages for everyone who comes on to see

He also picked a fight with Matthew. I greatly prefer to not risk keeping new members with his kind of attitudes around for the long run, as they will usually only cause lots of trouble, so I banned him. This should be our usual praxis for situations such as this, so I do not want any more discussion concerning the issue.

Thank you for being reasonable.

I don't see how he "picked a fight" with Matt.

Sure some of his comment might of been harsh or whatever, but it's not much different than others on that thread. Disagreeing with someone over a content revision thread is not picking a fight tbh.

Well, fierce arguing with staff members is still not laudable behaviour, but that is not the main reason why he was banned. It simply gives context to his overall attitude.

Thank you.

Anyway, since this thread has almost 400 posts, I think that it is time to start a new version of the thread now. It will take a little bit of time before I am finished with updating all of the links though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back