• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidences is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Wikia Staff, to politely request permanent IP blocks.

Note: All staff members, kindly follow, and bookmark, this thread.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

@Matt

I've already banned Karnage and he's been stalking Dragon and I on other wikis as pointed out on the previous thread. Ant has already contacted Wikia staff though.

No, I have not. I am already in correspondence with them about more important matters regarding the overall protection of our wiki. In the previous thread, I just mentioned that it is best to contact them or VSTF about these types of issues.

No problem. You probably should contact them though.

Hop suspects one is a Mikoto sock puppet. Hop has seen one of those on a wiki one of our admins frequents. Will keep a close eye on Malikobama1 (possible meme/troll account) and Djifj one. Totally a spam account. Hop will watch chat for them.

Proxy32 sounds like a sockpuppet no doub about it. Proxy? A term for literally sockpuppeting online? Pfft, what a joke. Keep an eye on the ones with contribs already. They seem to be most suspect.

I do not know. They have not been very helpful so far regarding this issue (I have been asking them for increased wiki protection, and expanded admin tools to combat our constant stream of sockpuppets), but I am hoping for the best.

So like those who've been here longer longer than 4 days can still use the wikia here, is what you're saying?

Since mass sockpuppet accounts are usually created within a day (or two), this will likely prevent (or at least discourage) it.

However, users would still be able to create said sockpuppet accounts, leave them on the wiki, and come back to them after four days have passed...

Well, I do not know if they have done so yet, just that they intend to do so. It usually takes at least 4 days between every message.

To get them to join there probably?

It's probably Mikoto again given that she likes to get people that were banned here to go to wherever she asks them to join at.

So what should be done about his wiki? He already copypasted the tiering system and just renamed it...

Oh well whadya know, its Mik again...

@Cross Yeah the guy who made that copy wiki is VenomRoy, who is an already blocked sockpuppet of Mikoto

Two of the wikis I reported decided to give credit to vsbattles for copying the tiering system used here. This one could be a problem.

You guys should have really already know it's her still doing this by now, right? Kind of pretty obvious considering I at least know she's obsessed/ or really likes FE, Card Captor Sakura at least, and Yu-Gi-Oh!. Plus having a dislike of how the wikia here rates certain characters (ex. Being Tifa's Tier despite the reasoning on there).

And this is the only time I will say this. Talking to her about doing these kinds of acts really will not change her ways. And here, I thought people would learn that by now...

But anyways, that's enough of me on this again and thus, just move on from this again.

I would suggest that another admin reports her and her wiki to the official staff. However, I am already involved in a discussion with them, so I would appreciate if somebody else, who is good at clearly describing the problem, handles it this time around.

@Cross Dude we all know how that goes. Soldier Blue is not well experienced behind the history of Mik and her sockpuppets.

Edit: @Cross In any case I could do it for you guys as I will explain the situation to them.

That's if anyone really wants to bother with this, Ant. I already did mines a while back, but I'm not doing it again of this. If anyone here really thinks this is a problem, which i guess it is, they need to step up and actually report it to them.

@Star: I saw Rep doing it again after Mik made another comment to another off site. Don't care about how you say so whatever.

Starkiller215 said:
@Cross Dude we all know how that goes. Soldier Blue is not well experienced behind the history of Mik and her sockpuppets.
So this person has some bad blood with us?

I've seen her mentioned quite a bit for the last two or three weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back