• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brain just rotted to dangerous levels.

BurytheHatchet is harassing Hop on his retirement page, he needs to be banned ASAP

@Nick

The accounts' names are too similar to be a coincidence. Blocking for sockpuppeting.

@Repp

Wait.

Crimson is new, maybe he made an account and forgot the password or got locked out so he made a new one.

tbh, the account is still new... maybe ask for the user to change their name and just block one of those two.

I agree with VenomElite. The user-name may be inappropriate but at least let's give the guy one chance to speak for himself.

Hmm... maybe I was too hasty.

I'll unblock both accounts for the time being and see which one he uses.

Has somebody asked him to pick one account and change its name to something appropriate?

Okay. I would appreciate if somebody could mention it to him.

I think that it is fine. Thank you for the help.

• Just ban one of his accounts, and he'll respond to his other account.
  • We can tell him to change his name once he responds with his other account.

If that is so, said user can tell me or any of the other admins about what really happened, although there should be an option on the Wiki where you can reset your password for that account.

• Just go to your log-in screen, click "I forgot my password", and there is an option to enter your e-mail.
  • Enter your e-mail, check your e-mail to see if Fandom sent you an option to reset your password, and reset your password from there.

When users have extremely long usernames, such as the ones above, it's probably a sign that he/she isn't a particulary intelligent user, or a troll.

I think that we should probably ask him to change his username to something less potentially offensive, yes.

Actually I don't want to make baseless accusations, but that might be a sockpuppet now that I look at the profile. Joined the wiki in one day, the exact same day went straight to a thread of mine, all of its four contributions ammount to the one reply they made in said thread voting for a character and that was it.

>Joined in one day

>Posted on a thread.

That's not possible anymore, it takes five days to become autoconfirmed. I'm not sure if that confirms sockpuppetry though.

I meant on this wiki. Joined VSB on July 25, went straight to that thread, did one single reply voting for a character, didn't do anything else ever since then.

Furthermore the other wiki said profile has listed is the community central, which they joined on July 21 and have 0 edits there.

Like I said, not making a 100% accusation that they are a sockpuppet. Just that it does look strange to a degree.

@Ever

But Lei'Annimei coulnd't make threads. On her first day she asked in chat if something was wrong with her account because she couldn't make a thread.

Maybe you can comment on threads but not make them?

Not sure about threads but look, this is what I meant. \/

EDIT: Anyways, it's more of a heads-up from me than anything. I apologize if it sounds like I'm being paranoid here. Just brought this up since the topic was already on this user.

1every
3eevery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back