• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Reporting such incidences is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Note: Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, you may contact the Wikia Staff, politely requesting an IP block.

P.S.: All staff members, kindly follow, and bookmark, this thread.

A third thread has been made here, people. The 2nd one has been closed, so anything that you would have reported there should go to here instead.

I have now updated the front page, and the automatic Mediawiki welcome message to link to this topic.

Blocked. Apparently only Mikoto is known for making a SF vs KoF's page plus make threads involving them.

Yup. If anything, i'd prefer if somebody can actually tell her that she's not allowed on VS Battles anymore. If not, i might just report her to Staff on Community central anyways as a last resort.

Don't think a warning is even necessary, as Penguin didn't intentionally insult the person, and as I was in the chat when he made the thread, telling him it was a bad idea he listened and even asked a mod to close it.

Pretty negligible if you ask me.

What Penguin said really isn't even reportable. And the stomp thread's just a mistake.

I don't want this place devoid of any personality, enjoyment or fun just because people are afraid to get in trouble/reported/banned for, what is essentially nothing.

We've not banned people for a hell of a lot worse in the past.

I agree with Aizen. Only genuinely problematic members should be reported.

Foodiefight is not a sockpuppet I've talked to her/him and they don't seem like a sock

I think the only reason she went on Mikoto's message wall was when I was talking to him/her I mentioned Mikoto and i guess she took an interest to her (perplexed about how she got banned with that many edits) So yeah anyway he's not a alt account of Mikoto (she know of Mikoto only because of me )

I think that somebody should contact VSTF or wiki staff with a list of Mikoto's more prominent sockpuppets, so we can IP ban her/him permanently.

@Alakabamm Okay, thanks.

@All So who wants to inform the VSTF, and possibly the wiki staff as well?

I tend to contact the staff quite a lot about all of the bugs in the wiki, so it is probably better if I personally annoy them as little as possible.

@SD

I am certain that Foodie isn't a sock, because as of now Mikoto is stopped trying to contribute through socks. Instead, she messages me to do it, be either with making profiles, certain small revisions in pages related to Verses she knows of and what not.

Granted, I am not being absolute with it, and am being careful with everything she suggests.

What would you want VSTF staff to do about it? It seems like they don't really have a strict policy on sockpuppets and I am unsure if they would be willing to IP ban instead of leaving it to us.

Okay. I thought that they might be able to help, but I may have been mistaken.

Anyway, the wiki staff told me that we could contact them in cases of recurrent sockpuppets.

This is becoming ******* absurd.

Over the past few weeks, Mikoto has made multiple sockpuppet accounts for seemingly no reason other than to get back onto the site for a femtosecond before being banned or maybe pick a fight with Aizen, again.

The problem here is actually that this isn't some elaborate hacking scheme or something that is hazardous to the structure of the wiki itself. It's just annoying, and is effectively doing nothing but wasting time.

Perhaps, since Matt still talks with Mikoto, something can be done offsite. Preferably something where everyone sits down like adults and puts whatever the hell this ludicrousness is, behind them. Something this asinine should not be taking up so much of such an important thread.

I have blocked him permanently.

She never actually said "I'm Mikoto" for any of them, except for Luigi Fighter and possibly Aizen's, but only after being caught out.

Searching via IP address is rather innaccurate at times, as its pretty eash to switch IPs using and IP randomizer or just another device.

And no offence, but Talon that sounds like a conspiracy theory, espically since the only sock shes denying is Maria... and well... its the one with most evidence pointing towards her.

Well, like I said, if an administrator contacts Wikia's staff with a list of the confirmed sockpuppets, they can permanently IP ban her(/him?). Problem solved.

Please stop spamming this thread with talk about an unimportant serial troll. Just file a report to Wikia's staff. Regrettably, that is all that we can do.

Wikia replied. In summary: "We call the method revert/block/ignore. All you need to do is revert or delete as needed to remove the problem text or images, block the user, and otherwise ignore them completely. The idea is that trolls like this are looking for a reaction. So if you don't give it to them, there is a greater chance of them moving on."

The VTSF will monitor this wikia for awhile though...when the trolling becomes a bigger problem.

Considering I've expressed the fact that we've been dealing with this for quite awhile and listed her many sock puppets I'm assuming they mean across multiple wikias.

Whelp, we're on our own. We'll just have to deal with it as it comes up.

That is too bad then. I was told that they would help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back