• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't even the one who banned him for that long in the first place. And he was just derailing the thread and going on nonsense like no character in fiction being lightspeed because it's impossible in real life.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I wasn't even the one who banned him for that long in the first place. And he was just derailing the thread and going on nonsense like no character in fiction being lightspeed because it's impossible in real life.
People can have opinions for themselves even if we think or know is wrong. As long as his actions aren't being a serious offense or at least given a proper warning about all this in a polite matter. Point is a ban like this shouldn't be warrbetwd without a proper first warning.

People can have whatever opinions they want, but having someone on the site whose opinions diverge so much from certain basic assumptions (Like FTL being possible) generally causes more annoyances than anything else.

And mocking / aggressive style debating should be discouraged. It tends to stir anger and disagreements.

Still, ban was lowered.

His comments weren't much different from the guy Unite reported and you didn't seem to think that was rude.

Good lord people, this is not the place for this. Can you guys go somewhere else with this crap.

The rudest Thomas got was "It's just that the bullet travelled exponentially faster than him to the point where he might as well be bloddy stationary. How do you not get this?", while he was consistently more mocking and aggressive in tone.

I also agree that a ban was kinda rude, he didn't insult anyone iirc, and we can't punish people cuz they disagree with us.

I didn't punish him because he disagreed with me? I wasn't even the one who banned him in the first place.

And Dragon's right, this isn't the place to argue.

this is the rule violation report thread though aint it? im seeing this conversation pop up all the time when RWA refreshes

I would probably have given him a warning instead, but a 2 week ban is not particularly harsh.

I wasn't arguing, disagreeing is not the same as arguing, plus none of us said anything rude, so I don't see why I should stop with this "crap".

As I disagreed with Unite, I'm disagreeing with you guys not arguing.

2 weeks is alright I guess, if he does come back I suppose we can see if he is serious about being on the wikia.

Okay again. This guy is very new and his offense is like legit nothing serious. Why are you banning this poor new user for 3 MONTHS man. A warning is legit what is needed not just ban him for however long you feel like.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Okay again. This guy is very new and his offense is like legit nothing serious. Why are you banning this poor new user for 3 MONTHS man. A warning is legit what is needed not just ban him for however long you feel like.
Doesn't matter if he's new, if he vandalizes you get an instant ban, that's how it always worked.

Yeah, I have to agree, all he did was change the word supporters to supporters in portugese. If he's portugese, explain the wiki is in english, don't ban him for 2 montths first thing

Obviously even if I don't speak English, I feel I would be smart enough not to change the language of a page. The person who did it on purpose and even if they didn't troll, did it with carelessness.

You can easily tell which kind of people are serious and just confused and which are just trolling or doing shit for the lols.

Okay fair enough. Although he could be a young user however the odds he was just trolling do probably outweigh that claim. I guess the ban is justified. Still I feel a warning should be warranted first before anything but I digress.

You guys are terrible at assuming good faith. Never jump to conclusions without concrete, solid evidence. All that does, has done, and always will do is cause problems. They changed one word. One word. And added "eu". That's not vandalism. Could it have been trolling? Who knows? You could at least talk to them, give them a warning, whatever. It's the universally fair thing to do. You can easily revert that back to normal, after all. Make no mistake, Blue is right, Vandals get banned on spot, but that wasn't vandalism.

@Sera don't look at me I suggested at first maybe a warning would have been better. I don't make the rules around here.

I also think that a warning would have been better.

It's hard to assume people always have good intentions (if you didn't know that's what good faith actually means as by community central standards) with how jumpy people are on socks and the like.

I'm fairly idealistic, which is why I said it wasn't worth 2 months of ban to begin. But I'm also aware of my idealism, so when someone says otherwise, I take that into account.

No problem. Remember to give him a warning, and to remove the IP block as well.

You can give him a polite warning if you wish.

I think a stern warning should suffice. If it comes to a ban, maybe a couple of days to a week at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back