• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidences is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Wikia Staff, to politely request permanent IP blocks.

Note: All staff members, kindly follow, and bookmark, this thread.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

@Matthew

I do not think that they are sockpuppets. TheVividen is considerably more knowledgeable for one thing. They might know each other since previously though.

@WeeklyBattles

I have blocked him and removed the thread. The reason why he was unblocked twice earlier seems to be because he promised to not cause any more trouble, and he broke his word, so it seems inappropriate to keep him in the wiki.

I have problems with some things on our wiki, but I don't go around cursing out admins right in front of their face and make huge walls of text against them. He deserves a permanent ban quicky.

Well, our system isn't perfect, but we need our regulations to prevent this site from slipping into full blown chaos.

Unlike his theory, the reason for why we have increased our monthly page views by over 30 times since I first came here, and continue to grow in popularity, is because we have strived to build a reasonably stable environment.

I havent been here as long as some but everyone makes it seem like this place is on the fringe of collapse yet, while i have issue with some people here, i wouldnt say this place is in constant states of disaster.

What im just asking whats actually happening for people to be so worried about the state of the website?

Lots of internal drama that shouldn't be aired in public. Sorry.

I just warned him not to be too biased towards OPM cause others have in the past and they ended up banned for it. He snapped because of it.

Well the situation has been settled. I will keep an eye on FC/OC because people tend to try and continue mess over there.

@Zeed

According to Jonathan (who PM'd me on FC/OC) it was his sibling who wrote that nasty comment to Ant. But as Zeed mentioned, Beyond21 has extremely similar grammar (tendency to write in all lowercase except when he wants to emphasize certain things with all-caps).

In addition, in Beyond21's message, he mentions familiarity with the staff since he said something along the lines of "it's because of staff like you". This implies that he's been banned before.

@Matt

I've issued an immediate perma-ban. No need to keep people like him around.

@Lord

Sadly, a lot of people do this as their first action on chat.

It's possible it isn't him, though a lot of users with 0 edits have been on Chat as of late, apparently they come from a Vs Debating Discord.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's possible it isn't him, though a lot of users with 0 edits have been on Chat as of late, apparently they come from a Vs Debating Discord.
If you look in their logs they're newly created accounts that created their accounts on this wiki.

Well whoever it is their gone now but might be back given the fact a lot of people make sock accounts.

Just permanently block any problematic new chat members. We do not have to give them attention.

I did some minor blocking of them because they were simply spamming and it was impossible to follow chat. Darkanine felt that a 2 hour ban was fair.

He seems alright, I was once cought in a similar situation and got caught in a Ranged Block a while back when I first joined so I could understand.

Probably just need to watch him a little just in case but he seems ok to me.

Edit: Just saw Matthew's post, Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back