• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If it is vs someone like Yhwach or an enemy he has animosity he mostly jumps in but if it is someone he knows he is more careful i think.

I dunno, I feel like Rukia starting with Hakka no Togami is bad no matter what. If Ichigo is out of range, he stat stomps and Rukia immobilized herself. If he's within range, Ichigo gets one shot hax stomped

And so can she. People reacting to Shunpo is nothing new. This ignoring the fact that Ichigo instantly loses given the starting distance.

AnonymousBlank said:
And so can she. People reacting to Shunpo is nothing new. This ignoring the fact that Ichigo instantly loses given the starting distance.
Like I said, starting with Bankai= stomp one way or another

Ichigo has no way to win at all.

Even if you completely ignore his character and say he tries to blitz Rukia, speed is equal and Ichigo starts in range of her Bankai, there's really no way you can argue Ichigo winning.

Purgy said:
Ichigo has no way to win at all.
Even if you completely ignore his character and say he tries to blitz Rukia, speed is equal and Ichigo starts in range of her Bankai, there's really no way you can argue Ichigo winning.
And by that same token, if he's out of range, she uses it, she's now super fragile and immobile and Ichigo is insanely stronger

I don't think this match can work

But it says Ichigo starts within range, as soon as she is in Bankai it produces an Aura that freezes things at absolute zero no?

Purgy said:
But it says Ichigo starts within range, as soon as she is in Bankai it produces an Aura that freezes things at absolute zero no?
Yep, but before that, OP didn't specify, meaning Ichigo would be out of range, thus my comment before

Even without the distance thing I still think Rukia would win, I believe she'd be able to freeze Getsuga forcing Ichigo to get close and eventually be frozen.

Purgy said:
Even without the distance thing I still think Rukia would win, I believe she'd be able to freeze Getsuga forcing Ichigo to get close and eventually be frozen.
All Ichigo would have to do is wait for Rukia to run out of spiritual pressure and once the area isn't AZ'd he just walks up and taps her with the butt of his sword, shattering her

Does Ichigo have extensive knowledge on her Bankai?

Is that how Ichigo actually fights?

Purgy said:
Does Ichigo have extensive knowledge on her Bankai?
Is that how Ichigo actually fights?
No, I'm not even sure he actually knows what her Bankai is

Apparently, yes. I asked earlier if it was IC to dash in and slash and apparently it's only IC if he hates the enemy

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
neither rukia nor ichigo know what the new sword of the other can do.
Yeah but Ichigo doesn't really get anything new. Rukia doesn't know that, but it's not like she can think "I should be careful of what he can do" since she's forced to start with Bankai

The thing is though, nobody knows what Ichigo's new sword can do, even us, so we can't even speculate.

Ichigo isn't just going to sit back and wait for Rukia to run out of energy, that's a little absurd. He's far more likely to get close to be honest. He might fire off a couple Getsuga's first but as I said, I believe Rukia could freeze them and with equalized speed it shouldn't be difficult.

Yes... There's really nothing else he can do.

He's not versatile enough to kill Rukia without getting close

He's not intelligent enough to realize the weakness of her Bankai and exploit it before he gets frozen.

Just because Rukia can freeze Getsuga doesn't tell Ichigo that it can be done passively nor the range at which she can do it.

I mean it sucks to admit, but Ichigo is all about his stats.

Purgy said:
Yes... There's really nothing else he can do.
He's not versatile enough to kill Rukia without getting close

He's not intelligent enough to realize the weakness of her Bankai and exploit it before he gets frozen.

Just because Rukia can freeze Getsuga doesn't tell Ichigo that it can be done passively nor the range at which she can do it.

I mean it sucks to admit, but Ichigo is all about his stats.
Cant believe people think he is that level of stupid

Maybe reread what I wrote without getting defensive that I'm not automatically siding with Ichigo just because he's the protagonist.

MetalGearRaiden said:
could Gran Rey Getsuga's Space manip help against AZ?,like, can she freeze something that distorts space?
Did Ichigo's even distort space? I don't think it did.

MetalGearRaiden said:
Purgy said:
MetalGearRaiden said:
could Gran Rey Getsuga's Space manip help against AZ?,like, can she freeze something that distorts space?
Did Ichigo's even distort space? I don't think it did.
i believe it was agreed upon Ichigo having the "limited Spartial Manipulation" in this
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2345609 thread

but idk why his profile lacks that particular skill
It might work on Rukia

Honestly I have no idea, but if she can freeze energy attacks, why can't she freeze an energy attack that can distort space? I mean, does being able to distort space give it immunity to Absolute Zero?

What actually happens:

Rukia: Bankai ! Hakka no Togame ! *Boom*

Ichigo: Sooooo, what's that all about?

Rukia: why aren't you frozen ?

Ichigo: Rukia, what are we ?

Rukia: Shinigami? Well, I'm a Shinigami and you're...You

Ichigo: and what usually happens during fights like these when Spiritual pressures clash?

Rukia: the weaker one- Damm...

Ichigo: i got poison by a guy with Aizen's hair once, didn't last too long sooo...Just because you're using Absolute Zero doesn't mean you get a free win

Rukia: B-But

Ichigo: This is the first time I win on a argument with you...Cool

Dangai Ichigo said:
What actually happens:
Rukia: Bankai ! Hakka no Togame ! *Boom*

Ichigo: Sooooo, what's that all about?

Rukia: why aren't you frozen ?

Ichigo: Rukia, what are we ?

Rukia: Shinigami? Well, I'm a Shinigami and you're...You

Ichigo: and what usually happens during fights like these when Spiritual pressures clash?

Rukia: the weaker one- Damm...

Ichigo: i got poison by a guy with Aizen's hair once, didn't last too long sooo...Just because you're using Absolute Zero doesn't mean you get a free win

Rukia: B-But

Ichigo: This is the first time I win on a argument with you...Cool
Are you joking? Because there's so much wrong with that argument.

Purgy said:
Was still a top 10 student while juggling his Soul Reaper responsibilities at the same time as school

Graduates Japanese University and becomes a successful author

Has common sense not to rush toward Rukia when he just saw Getsuga get frozen and know how her Shikai works

Yeah... Ichigo probably won't get touched if he doesn't start within Hakka's range...

BakiHanma18 said:
Purgy said:
Was still a top 10 student while juggling his Soul Reaper responsibilities at the same time as school

Has common sense not to rush toward Rukia when he just saw Getsuga get frozen and know how her Shikai works

Yeah... Ichigo probably won't get touched if he doesn't start within Hakka's range...
I don't recall calling him an idiot, rather just not intelligent enough to realize Rukia's weakness with no prior knowledge.

Also, his profile lists his intelligence as "Though he may be brash and headstrong, Ichigo is deceptively intelligent, remaining among the top students in his class even when juggling his studies with his work as a Substitute Shinigami. He takes to combat well, even if he isn't the calmest person or one for long-term planning, fighting skillfully against opponents with much more experience"

Notice the words "Brash" and "Headstrong", fitting qualities for somebody that WILL rush towards Rukia when his Getsuga gets frozen and he realizes that all he has left is CQC attacks.

Purgy said:
BakiHanma18 said:
Purgy said:

I don't recall calling him an idiot, rather just not intelligent enough to realize Rukia's weakness with no prior knowledge.
Also, his profile lists his intelligence as "Though he may be brash and headstrong, Ichigo is deceptively intelligent, remaining among the top students in his class even when juggling his studies with his work as a Substitute Shinigami. He takes to combat well, even if he isn't the calmest person or one for long-term planning, fighting skillfully against opponents with much more experience"

Notice the words "Brash" and "Headstrong", fitting qualities for somebody that WILL rush towards Rukia when his Getsuga gets frozen and he realizes that all he has left is CQC attacks.

Nah, I think anyone with half a brain cell wouldn't rush in after seeing their ranged attack get frozen without at least testing to what extend and what range, but I dunno, maybe brash and headstrong= mentally handicapped

BakiHanma18 said:
Purgy said:
BakiHanma18 said:
Purgy said:

Nah, I think anyone with half a brain cell wouldn't rush in after seeing their ranged attack get frozen without at least testing to what extend and what range, but I dunno, maybe brash and headstrong= mentally handicapped
That's exactly what a brash and headstrong person would do lol.

Also, as I said he doesn't really have much choice. He's not overflowing with long ranged abilities and primarily relies on his physicals.

No, that's what someone with an IQ of 75 would do. Brash is like trying to take on Kenpachi despite him being stronger. Underestimating one of his strongest and closest allies of several years that was able to freeze his Getsuga at a massive range, isn't moving, and his almost purely white and decided to rush said ally is completely unrealistic

BakiHanma18 said:
No, that's what someone with an IQ of 75 would do. Brash is like trying to take on Kenpachi despite him being stronger. Underestimating one of his strongest and closest allies of several years that was able to freeze his Getsuga at a massive range, isn't moving, and his almost purely white and decided to rush said ally is completely unrealistic
But of course Ichigo sitting on the sidelines waiting it out is totally realistic and something he's done in dozens of battles, this isn't the Ichigo that you know just charges straight into battle.

IQ has nothing to do with this btw, and no, being bashful/headstrong aren't "mental handicaps".

Let me know what Ichigo can do against Rukia without Getsuga/it's variations.

But of course Ichigo sitting on the sidelines waiting it out is totally realistic and something he's done in dozens of battles, this isn't the Ichigo that you know just charges straight into battle.

IQ has nothing to do with this btw, and no, being bashful/headstrong aren't "mental handicaps".

Let me know what Ichigo can do against Rukia without Getsuga/it's variations.

Brash and Headstrong are mostly traits showcased by Ichigo pretimeskip

Back