• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Post Timeskip he uses his flaws to his advantage against Jackie in order to cause her to underestimate him. Ichigo would jsut do the same especially because he knows it's Rukia and unlike himself Rukia has not changed and he can easily piss her off as she is easily irritable

Didn't know this until now, but SBA says they have zero prior knowledge so the argument that Ichigo could taunt Rukia is gone.

Purgy said:
BakiHanma18 said:
No, that's what someone with an IQ of 75 would do. Brash is like trying to take on Kenpachi despite him being stronger. Underestimating one of his strongest and closest allies of several years that was able to freeze his Getsuga at a massive range, isn't moving, and his almost purely white and decided to rush said ally is completely unrealistic
But of course Ichigo sitting on the sidelines waiting it out is totally realistic and something he's done in dozens of battles, this isn't the Ichigo that you know just charges straight into battle.
IQ has nothing to do with this btw, and no, being bashful/headstrong aren't "mental handicaps".

Let me know what Ichigo can do against Rukia without Getsuga/it's variations.
Oh yes! I should've used the thousands of fights Ichigo has had with opponents that can neg his attack that isnt even near them without moving! Yeah, I remember him rushing to his death without the slightest thoughts in all of those fights...

IQ has everything to do with this when you are acting like being headstrong makes him mentally handicapped

After seeing he can't get close and after noticing the incredibly evident SP dropping like a brick in a pool, wait.

I didn't write SBA

"The fighters will have absolutely no prior knowledge of each other."

Blame whoever wrote that.

Because no one makes inverse battles lol, these characters are part of the same verse and they know each other. Via your logic Ichigo just stands there and makes her foam from the damn mouth once she realizes the sheer gap in power.

SBA is that they dont know their powers not each other. (not that it matters because rukia has no idea about his new sword and neither does ichigo about hers so nothing changes)

BakiHanma18 said:
Purgy said:
BakiHanma18 said:
No, that's what someone with an IQ of 75 would do. Brash is like trying to take on Kenpachi despite him being stronger. Underestimating one of his strongest and closest allies of several years that was able to freeze his Getsuga at a massive range, isn't moving, and his almost purely white and decided to rush said ally is completely unrealistic
But of course Ichigo sitting on the sidelines waiting it out is totally realistic and something he's done in dozens of battles, this isn't the Ichigo that you know just charges straight into battle.
IQ has nothing to do with this btw, and no, being bashful/headstrong aren't "mental handicaps".

Let me know what Ichigo can do against Rukia without Getsuga/it's variations.
Oh yes! I should've used the thousands of fights Ichigo has had with opponents that can neg his attack that isnt even near them without moving! Yeah, I remember him rushing to his death without the slightest thoughts in all of those fights...
IQ has everything to do with this when you are acting like being headstrong makes him mentally handicapped

After seeing he can't get close and after noticing the incredibly evident SP dropping like a brick in a pool, wait.
So if Toshiro froze Ichigo's attack before it reached him and Ichigo had no knowledge, you're saying Ichigo would just stand there staring at him waiting for something to happen?

What am I even reading rn.

That isn't at all what I'm acting like headstrong is, when I think of somebody that's headstrong/bashful I'm thinking they're not one for plans or strategies and instead prefer to straight up fight and get it over with.

Can you show me something saying Rukia's Spiritual Pressure drops dramatically once she enters Bankai? Logically the opposite should happen but okay.

And if you're referring to this, that happened after she exited Bankai and even so, Byakuya saying you haven't fully recovered isn't the same as somebody's Spiritual Pressure "dropping like a brick in a pool". Last but not least, this is EOS Rukia aka Captain Rukia aka a Rukia that would obviously have more mastery over her Bankai. You can play the "But we don't know much she mastered it by!" card, but the fact remains that she'd have improved.

E4368d974ced175ffd61120f43d62d73 (1)

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Because no one makes inverse battles lol, these characters are part of the same verse and they know each other. Via your logic Ichigo just stands there and makes her foam from the damn mouth once she realizes the sheer gap in power.
The bottom part doesn't work since this is a battle, they're here to fight not admire each others abilities. Even if Rukia senses that Ichigo's Reiatsu is far above hers, it doesn't matter because she's being forced to fight here.

EOS Rukia is not an argument since we have no clue how much she has improved, this is become guess work vs someone with an actual feats

hSigurd Snake in The Eye said:
The bottom part is her just passively losing in his presence...
Oh so now the argument for how Ichigo wins is he just makes her faint due to his Reiatsu.

That's a fine argument, but it's the only way he's winning with these conditions.

No it isn't lol.

He swings his sword and she dies, and I hope you're not implying Ichigo can't Shunpo out of a city block blast when he can cross multiple KM in a single step.

Worst part is, Rukia didn't even have EoS key. Why even using EoS Rukia when we have no info about her and she didn't have a key for that.

No it isn't lol.
He swings his sword and shie dies, and I hope you're not implying Ichigo can't Shunpo out of a city block blast when he can cross multiple KM in a single step.
Battle begins with Ichigo within Rukia's range

> Ichigo insta Shunpo's out of an attacks range, an attack he has no idea exists nor what it's range even is

> Rukia just passively freezes him since he is already within range of her attack

One is the logical response, one is the opposite.

False Equivalency. Toshiro not only moves during his attacks, but his attacks are almost always telegraphed before hand by, say, a wave of the arm or by him doing something with Hyorinmaru

You are literally saying Ichigo would make a ranged attempt, see it get froze, and for some reason say "Hmmm, maybe I should try doing that same thing, but using my body". Sorry, but no. Not even someone like Kenpachi would do that...

Yes, that makes all the sense. When people in Bleach use massively powerful attacks, their energy rises! There energy definitely doesn't drain to maintain their form or perform their attack. Gotta let Kubo know

No, Byakuya is refering to her physical stated, as she becomes extremely fragile after using Bankai due to it making the AZ explosion by dropping her body temp. No, when people use their Bankai, their energy decreases. They may become more powerful or be able to use a powerful attack, but their stamina and reiatsu always either drains or the attack requires a certain amount of reiatsu. See, like, every single fight that lasts for an extended period

False Equivalency. Toshiro not only moves during his attacks, but his attacks are almost always telegraphed before hand by, say, a wave of the arm or by him doing something with Hyorinmaru
You are literally saying Ichigo would make a ranged attempt, see it get froze, and for some reason say "Hmmm, maybe I should try doing that same thing, but using my body". Sorry, but no. Not even someone like Kenpachi would do that...

Yes, that makes all the sense. When people in Bleach use massively powerful attacks, their energy rises! There energy definitely doesn't drain to maintain their form or perform their attack. Gotta let Kubo know

No, Byakuya is refering to her physical stated, as she becomes extremely fragile after using Bankai due to it making the AZ explosion by dropping her body temp. No, when people use their Bankai, their energy decreases. They may become more powerful or be able to use a powerful attack, but their stamina and reiatsu always either drains or the attack requires a certain amount of reiatsu. See, like, every single fight that lasts for an extended period

Actually no, Toshiro can flash freeze things without any body movement at all.

I'm saying IF he uses a range attack BEFORE getting close, that's a big IF. Regardless, I'm mostly saying he has no choice since him sitting there and waiting for nothing to happen is the least likely thing to happen in this battle and he has no other means of defeating Rukia.

The issue is though, you're under the impression that this fight is going to last more than 30 seconds, which it isn't.

Amasnesotdrol said:
Ikr, Its not that Ichigo cant see her attack or smt along those line.
Speed is equal

What's the point of equalizing speed if her attack's speed doesn't increase aswell.

Unless you don't think people's attacks speed scale with their speed?

Scans? I don't remember him doing what Rukia does a single time.

That's not a "big if" at all, he literally either starts with or heavily uses ranged attacks all throughout the Blood War arc

Won't be much of a fight. Ichigo sees Hakka coming toward him, Shunpos away, waits, GG

Why ichigo will act like idiot and charge after he see his strongest attack is useless against her instead of fall back for a moment and think a strategy to fight her? he didn't just charge at Ulquiorra after witnessing his getsuga did nothing.

Purgy said:
Amasnesotdrol said:
Ikr, Its not that Ichigo cant see her attack or smt along those line.
Speed is equal
What's the point of equalizing speed if her attack's speed doesn't increase aswell.

They dont, if you have to move your sword to the left or right the speed and movement dont change because you are as fast as the enemy, some attacks when activated can be faster or slower than the user itself.

Purgy said:
Speed is equal

Huh? He can shunpo away from her attack, and if his speed with shunpo are equal to rukia attack speed then he can avoid it with shunpo, by the time he shunpo from her attack, her attack wont touch him because well it has the same speed as his shunpo so how can her attack catch him?

Amasnesotdrol said:
Why ichigo will act like idiot and charge after he see his strongest attack is useless against her instead of fall back for a moment and think a strategy to fight her? he didn't just charge at Ulquiorra after witnessing his getsuga did nothing.
Precisely my point

Scans? I don't remember him doing what Rukia does a single time.
That's not a "big if" at all, he literally either starts with or heavily uses ranged attacks all throughout the Blood War arc

Won't be much of a fight. Ichigo sees Hakka coming toward him, Shunpos away, waits, GG

What do you mean "what Rukia does"? He can flash freeze anything in front of him after building up power, it doesn't require movement.

If he doesn't start with it here then he loses, and no, he doesn't start with ranged attacks all throughout the arc, he does in a couple battles but not enough to say he's guaranteed to here.

@LordWhis can you clarify if Rukia's bankai attack is as fast as her or not in this instance since we have no idea how fast it actually is.

Purgy are you aware Getsuga is primarily a ranged attack?
Yes...

He doesn't start with it all throughout the arc, as I said he uses it 2-3 times at the start of a fight post-timeskip.

Dude what, his 1st attack in this form is literally a ranged Getsuga and cero combo lol.
We're not basing it on what form he is in though... On average he's more likely not to start with a ranged attack in battles post-timeskip.

My god did you even read the OP? He's in his merged hollow form and his 1st attack was ranged. That's how battles work.
Did you even read my post?

I'm fully aware he starts in that form

I'm saying on average he doesn't start a battle with a ranged attack, it's about his typical mindset and what he does in a fight, not what he did in one fight.

That's why I'm asking if her Bankai attack can be assumed to be as fast as her since the outcome of this battles depends on that.

Except that form had one fight? How did you make out an average for what he does in the form he starts in that's only been in 1 fight against Yhwach?
Dude...

I'm not considering a specific form

I'm looking at every fight he has been in post-timeskip, even if he used Shikai in one and Bankai in another. And I mean, if you really want to be specific, Ichigo transformed mid fight with Yhwach so it's not even comparable to what he'd do at the start of a fight.

It's like if Ichigo went from Shikai to Bankai in the middle of a fight and then instantly used Getsuga and then arguing he starts a fight like that.

Back