• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ichigo will be faster because speed equal won't affect speed enhancement technique, for example with Shunpo ichigo is even faster than his own getsuga, his hollow has demonstrated this severals times.

It's not a ridiculous battle

People see Ichigo vs Rukia as the title and go crazy

At the very least, can we all agree that if Rukia ever managed to freeze Ichigo, she'd win?

Purgy said:
@LordWhis can you clarify if Rukia's bankai attack is as fast as her or not in this instance since we have no idea how fast it actually is.
Speed is equal, that includes attack speed unless it's a technique that specifically amps speed/is faster.

@everyone Would Ichigo avoid/be cautious of mist, or would he think it's just disrupting vision (or something like that, most people's first instinct to mist isn't "run away")? If the former he shunpos out, uses Getsuga, sees it flash frozen and realizes he can't touch the mist, then Rukia passively loses. If he wouldn't realize "this is probably dangerous" at a glance and escape, he instantly dies. Either way this is probably a stomp for someone.

Blahblah9755 said:
Purgy said:
@LordWhis can you clarify if Rukia's bankai attack is as fast as her or not in this instance since we have no idea how fast it actually is.
Speed is equal, that includes attack speed unless it's a technique that specifically amps speed/is faster.
@everyone Would Ichigo avoid/be cautious of mist, or would he think it's just disrupting vision (or something like that, most people's first instinct to mist isn't "run away")? If the former he shunpos out, uses Getsuga, sees it flash frozen and realizes he can't touch the mist, then Rukia passively loses. If he wouldn't realize "this is probably dangerous" at a glance and escape, he instantly dies. Either way this is probably a stomp for someone.
In this form he starts with a range attack also ichigo does keep distance when he feels something is dangerous.

What do you mean "what Rukia does"? He can flash freeze anything in front of him after building up power, it doesn't require movement.
If he doesn't start with it here then he loses, and no, he doesn't start with ranged attacks all throughout the arc, he does in a couple battles but not enough to say he's guaranteed to here.

With 0 telegraph (building up power beign a perfect example of a telegraphable move)? Scans

Never said he always uses it. "...he literally either starts with or heavily uses ranged attacks all throughout the Blood War arc". Its clearly much more likely he starts with range rather than melee

We saw him in this form once, I don't think that's a fair consensus

Also, he kept his distance from Aizen because Aizen was drastically stronger than him, Rukia is considerably weaker than Ichigo...

Ichigo knows at the very least how Rukia's power works (ice-based). Add to that the fact that, as a top scoring high schooler he should know why the mist suddenly appeared in relation to cold, yes, he'd at least be able to work out its relation to Rukia's bankai

BakiHanma18 said:
What do you mean "what Rukia does"? He can flash freeze anything in front of him after building up power, it doesn't require movement.
If he doesn't start with it here then he loses, and no, he doesn't start with ranged attacks all throughout the arc, he does in a couple battles but not enough to say he's guaranteed to here.
With 0 telegraph (building up power beign a perfect example of a telegraphable move)? Scans
Never said he always uses it. "...he literally either starts with or heavily uses ranged attacks all throughout the Blood War arc". Its clearly much more likely he starts with range rather than melee

Did I say "telegraph" or did I say movement? You're not aware that Toshiro can flash freeze things infront of him after 4 seconds? Where it says "steps" it means seconds btw.

And no, you're actually wrong. I went through all his fights post timeskip, he starts more with melee.

14e61608f628a912cb4c3b73b91b8d76
4103baed5e4f485ef9a817adcfe1e329

BakiHanma18 said:
Ichigo knows at the very least how Rukia's power works (ice-based). Add to that the fact that, as a top scoring high schooler he should know why the mist suddenly appeared in relation to cold, yes, he'd at least be able to work out its relation to Rukia's bankai
SBA says no prior knowledge.

Doesn't matter when he see she can GG his attack, the point is ichigo can act rational too if he see his opponent have significant advantage compared to him.

Purgy said:
BakiHanma18 said:
Did I say "telegraph" or did I say movement? You're not aware that Toshiro can flash freeze things infront of him after 4 seconds? Where it says "steps" it means seconds btw.
And no, you're actually wrong. I went through all his fights post timeskip, he starts more with melee.

No, steps means steps (which is a telegraphable move as well)

This exact form of Ichigo start more in melee? That's 100% wrong, as he's literally only appeared once.

Amasnesotdrol said:
Doesn't matter when he see she can GG his attack, the point is ichigo can act rational too if he see his opponent have significant advantage compared to him.
Agreed. I'm switching back to Ichigo FRA

BakiHanma18 said:
Purgy said:
BakiHanma18 said:

No, steps means steps (which is a telegraphable move as well)
This exact form of Ichigo start more in melee? That's 100% wrong, as he's literally only appeared once.

I was always under the impression "steps" was a mistranslation and Brave Souls game is hardly a good source.

You're funny. You know very well I was referring to all forms considering I said it like 3 or 4 times, but of course you have to backpedal a little.

2551579fa9afeed0089d85b3be1ea970
2240e294208917b6ccdcb2eb5716b6d3

Stomp via Ichigo, he could Reiatsu Crush her since he has greater control of his Reiatsu now.

Rukia starting in Bankai means her flash freeze already happened (thus Ichigo wins by swinging in her general direction or RC).

Assume the flash freeze hasn't happened and now you have the argument of Ichigo escaping the range of the flash and then just swings at her direction or RC.

Stomp, close the thread.

Reiatsu crush was and still is the only argument.

How does Rukia starting in Bankai mean that? The battle could start a quarter second after she enters it.

Where is it stated that she goes in Bankai, her ability gets automatically used and then she exits Bankai all happening in the span of a second or two? Pretty terrible Bankai if you ask me if it lasts a couple seconds.

Ichigo killing Rukia outside the range of her flash freeze with a swing of his sword isn't happening.

>How does Rukia starting in Bankai mean that? The battle could start a quarter second after she enters it.

Her Bankai works via an automatic flash freeze upon activation of her Bankai. Source, Gotei 13 Guidebook.

>Where is it stated that she goes in Bankai, her ability gets automatically used and then she exits Bankai all happening in the span of a second or two? Pretty terrible Bankai if you ask me if it lasts a couple seconds.

Gotei 13 Guidebook.

>Ichigo killing Rukia outside the range of her flash freeze with a swing of his sword isn't happening.

Almost like a weaker Ichigo vaporized mountains with the shockwave of his swing.

Stomp, now close the thread.

You're impression was wrong and Tite Kubo himself supervises and designs all the TYBW characters in BBS, so...

Thats cool, only one Ichigo is used here tho

BakiHanma18 said:
You're impression was wrong and Tite Kubo himself supervises and designs all the TYBW characters in BBS, so...
You realize Kubo was also involved in the Manga? (lul)

Kubo also designed multiple characters for Bleach movies that aren't considered canon.

On average Ichigo starts with Melee and since we never actually saw him start a battle with this form it's impossible to say he'd start with Getsuga.

>>Her Bankai works via an automatic flash freeze upon activation of her Bankai. Source, Gotei 13 Guidebook.

Okay, so umm again, if the battle starts a quarter second after she enters Bankai how does that mean the Flash Freeze is over? You're also ignoring the fact that the OP clearly intends for Rukia to be fighting with her Bankai abilities in this thread so your little loophole argument doesn't really work.

>>Gotei 13 Guidebook.

>>Almost like a weaker Ichigo vaporized mountains with the shockwave of his swing.

Almost like Rukia isn't bare minimum Large-Island +.

Stomp, now close the thread.

Purgy said:
On average Ichigo starts with Melee and since we never actually saw him start a battle with this form it's impossible to say he'd start with Getsuga.
But we have tho and he used his getsuga + cero

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
Purgy said:
But we have tho and he used his getsuga + cero
I said "start a battle", he was already long way into his battle with Yhwach at that point.

Amasnesotdrol said:
vaporized mountain will be way higher than mountain level.
I know, but he didn't vaporize all of it, and I don't even think that calc is accepted here since I can't find it.

>Okay, so umm again, if the battle starts a quarter second after she enters Bankai how does that mean the Flash Freeze is over? You're also ignoring the fact that the OP clearly intends for Rukia to be fighting with her Bankai abilities in this thread so your little loophole argument doesn't really work.

Then she needs to start before Bankai, OP can't bend Rukia's Bankai to their whim.

Upon calling out Bankai the flash freeze already happens.

>Almost like Rukia isn't bare minimum Large-Island +.

That was a weaker 6-B Ichigo's shockwaves.

Hollowfied True Bankai Ichigo is 5-B.

It's a stomp.

Purgy said:
BakiHanma18 said:
Kubo also designed multiple characters for Bleach movies that aren't considered canon.

1) According to @IMade, Kubo agrees with me as well

2) Another false equivalency, Toshiro is canon, that version is canon, and Toshi literally says steps. All Kubo did was show us what it looks like in motion

3) But we have tho and he used his getsuga + cero

BakiHanma18 said:
Purgy said:
BakiHanma18 said:

1) According to @IMade, Kubo agrees with me as well
2) Another false equivalency, Toshiro is canon, that version is canon, and Toshi literally says steps. All Kubo did was show us what it looks like in motion

3) But we have tho and he used his getsuga + cero
I have no means of proving you wrong about the step thing

He used Getsuga + Cero at the beginning of a battle? When

Purgy said:
What's the standard rule for attack speed in speed equalised debates ?

Why is this a thread? This goes two ways. Ichigo swings his sword and one shots. Or, Ichigo uses his reiatsu to neg anything and everything Rukia could possibly throw at him before again, one shotting her. This should be closed.

Also even if you don't wanna go with the reiatsu negs vastly weaker people route since I'm not sure what the common consensus on that is, Ichigo can resist it anyway. Byakuya could resist Rukia's Bankai without issue and there's absolutely zero reason that Byakuya should somehow be more resistant to extreme temperatures than Ichigo. If Byakuya had an ice or cold related ability it would make some sense. But he's a physical character with a physical Zanpakuto. Just like Ichigo. However Ichigo's reiatsu is far stronger. Rant over.

Back