• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby vs Elizabetta: Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the original OP going to vote once more input is at game, so reposting from previous thread and solving Wokistan's doubt about Causality and Precog:

Her synchronization with Uriel (the God of freedom) allows her to see uncoming events through dreams, reflections in water/mirror or whispers. And her causality is granted by Eliol (the God of chaos) something like choose the effect out of two diffent causes (game wise, it allows you to reroll), it also slightly alter probability.

Precog doesn't seem combat applicable, unless they fight next to a body of water (Central Park has one, but I doubt they'd take the fight there assuming they start at a random point in the location).

Causality manip seems like something that could potentially get her a win, assuming it can allow her to re-try failed attacks or choose the best outcome of an attack from Ruby. Not much Ruby can do against that and before Weekly says "Ruby speedamps GG" they start at a large enough distance for Elisabetta to do a great deal of things.

What's the AP gap?

Eli is backward scaled from Hydra Quee, a 150 m long snake and both are at the same level (with minor stats without including Seoman).

Looked over the profiles, they both seem baseline.

So, to look over advantages:

Elisabetta:

>Causality Manip can let her drastically increase the success rate of her attacks, and decrease the sucess rate of Ruby's attacks by choosing the best of two outcomes.

>Supernatural Luck increases this for her.

>Stat amps including speed and strength and dura

>Better senses than Ruby, arguably.

>Fearhax/Empathyhax/Willpowerhax

Ruby:

>imo Ruby seems more skilled at face value.

>Aura is handy in letting her last longer into the fight

>Her speed amp is arguably better

>Better vertical maneuverability

>Pseudo-Duplication is handy.

Overall, Eli takes this Mid-Diff. Ruby has a number of good advantages that can keep her in the fight a long time, but Eli's luck combined with her causality manip drastically lowers Ruby's chance of sucess with most of her attacks. Eli can also amp all her stats as opposed to just speed, which should help her tag Ruby while she's using her semblance. I think Ruby will last long off of her better skills and her maneuverability, however she'll only buy herself so much time before Eli's casuality and luck let her land too many hits for Ruby's Aura to take.

IDK how likely she is to user her Fear/Empathy/Willpower manip, but that could potentially close the match even sooner.

I swear I like RWBY even though I've voted against characters for like four threads now

mary sue

In all fairness, not RWBY FRA. Ruby has no counter to that causality hax. Ruby is likely the better fighter and possibly character who am I to say but is far from haxxed in any sense, compared to Eli's very impressive hax.

What? Ruby is five times stronger than she is. She is only 8-C without Seoman while Ruby is 1.4 tons with normal kicks.

Ah. Assuming Eli is baseline Ruby would one-shot then; as since the OP didn't specify which versions this would be Vol 4 Ruby.

IDK if Eli would go for her hax first, although I doubt her brand of causality and and luck could keep Ruby from landing a single hit.

If the 8-C versions are being used Eli has more of a chance, depending on how long it would take her to Empathy/Willpower/Fearhax.

Could you elaborate on that, Anton?

Ruby can instantly one shot and she has various ways to get to Elisabetta to do so. At one point her luck fizzles out.

That makes sense, but I'd need to know how soon Eli uses her Fear/Willpower/Empathyhax, as well as how those work. She could use causality and luck to keep Ruby's first set of attacks from hitting at the least, then retaliate by mindhaxing her.

High 8-C versions is also a massive stomp on Elisabetta's favor as Ruby is haxless while Elisabetta's hax makes it so that Ruby will have her aura broken extremely fast since every single hit is going to land.

As for how does her powers works, it depend of the Shajad or Beryl and one of them grants her at least 5 different powers. I could listen them but it would take some time.

Mikael Beryl, the Goddess of Hope: it increase the hope and will of those that are close to her as long as their resistances, it grants her the ability to exorcize, heal sickness and miraculously save people from dying.

Uriel Beryl, the God of Freedom: More increase of willpower that allow her to resist possession (it can also increase the will of her allies), imperceptibility (non combat applicable, is just to sneak mass of people), enhanced intuition, precognition and limited luck (somehow she will find transport to escape or just move).

Jedah Shajad, the God of Keikkaku (translator note: keikkaku means plan): it increase the intelectual abilities of Eli, as well as increasing her leadership and any other political skill, dominance above summoned beings (as long theynaren't light based), darkness affinity and command inducement (non combat applicable since it require to hold a conversation for 1 or 5 min).

Gabriel Beryl, the Goddess of Muh Feelings: It increase the artistic abilities of the user and a couple of empathic powers like sense, inducement, peace and being empathically attractive (not sure how to call it).

I already listened 4 of the gods and their powers above, sorry if can write more gods faster but I'm not using a pc. Tomorrow I will write the rest.

Her causality manip and luck would at least allow her to avoid fire from Ruby for an amount of time to cast them.

That put none of those abilities would allow her to hax Ruby out of the match.

Sorry I should have specified we were using the 8C versions since High 8C is based on one attack

Granted it seems like stomp

Welp, if people consider this an stomp without Seoman I can allow it, it wouldn't make Eli more durable but she would be capable to block Ruby attacks (using Seoman's durability).

Thread's been hijacked boys. Let's sit and watch.

Oh, right, you're now the new OP, so is ups to you. Other option, someone help me with calculing pic related and hopefully do not exceed Large Building.

WrathEarthquake

Anton, now that I think of it, you could probably take inspiration from Regigigas' feat of pulling continents. Energy through friction.

Ok I made it result is localized in the expected range, but is up to you to decide. If accepted, Eli wouldn't no longer be baseline (without Seoman) and then changes in OP wouldn't be necessary.

In the mean time the calc is evluated I'll post the other Beryl/Shajad powers:

Kratos Noah Shajad, the God of War: Limited Supernatural Luck (Somehow Eli will find weapon or equipment when she needs it), will inducement (or something like that, it makes people around to wanna be more powerful or that type of shonen stuff), pain resistance, enhanced stamina and stat amplification (last one just in decissive moments).

Rafael Beryl, the Goddess of Nature: nature affinity, medic knowledge, healing, limited organic manipulation, and poison resistance.

Erebus Shajad, the God of Bad Juju: supernatural knowledge, minor fear manipulation (It just makes her intimidating), dream manipulation and magic (game wise it allows her to cast any free access spell up to level 50, but since the profile do not specify she known any of them I didn't add them).

Azrael Beryl, the Goddess of Leadership: leadership (duh), resistance to fear manipulation, justice sense (basically she knowns how to behave at the particular place and moment) and being sacred (by all means, Eli is considered as sacred as a light elemental).

Barakiel Beryl, the Goddess of Perfection: basically every but one power from here isn't combat applicable, at least not in this battle, it include supernatural beauty, being the spotlight, science knowledge and enhanced senses (It can perceive imperfections and supernatural disturbances).

Eriol Shajad, the God of Chaos: supernatural luck by controlling probability, causality or stealing the luck of others, it also grants enhanced senses (known when something is chaotic) and granting either minor luck or jinx.

Meseguis Shajad, the Goddess of Vendetta: minor pain and fear manipulation, intuition, empathic sense (negative emotions), empathic transferal and inducement (emotions like melancoly, sadness, that kind of stuff), pain inducement (the less empathic Eli feels, the more pain will suffer the target) and communing (talk to dead people).

There're other 3 gods, Abbadon, Edamiel and Zemial, but she do not have elan of these three cuz they are evil, insane and batpoop insane respectively.

Welp, the calculation to give a number to the AP is still being revised, if any of them is accepted Eli would be between Building+ and Large Building (last case would imply to slightly change the rules in OP).

But meanwhile, I don't think Ruby would oneshot unless she directly hit Eli with her scyth, the AP difference is at most 5.6 times. Eriol powers could favour Eli, she is also able to detect any flaw in Ruby combat style so she could adapt more than Ruby could and several of those powers could let her still fighting even if she has received considerable damage.

WeeklyBattles said:
So how does any of what you listed stop Ruby fro oneshotting?
Probablity causes Ruby to miss her first couple shots.

Eli proceeds to empathy/painhax Ruby into submission.

An AP gap of 5x is close to, but not grounds for a one-shot scenario.

Hm, I thought it was 7x.

Well, we know Eli can last long with her wide array of probability-altering skills, even giving Ruby bad luck as well. I'd just need to know how likely it is for her to use her empathic/pain-based hax given a decent amount of combat; as Ruby will have major trouble landing a single shot from a range.

MeseguisGift1
The empathic powers granted by Gabriel aren't combat applicable (unless she is fighting someone she knows), the Meseguis one however can, but it involve negative emotions (See pic related, write do not vary much from the original language).

How often would she use the Meseguis one?

If she tries to fight Ruby physically this'll just be a big Marx Brothers skit what with all her probability manip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back