• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Shulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby Render Volume 7
"I'm trying to do what I think is best, but I really can't tell if what's best is what's right"

Shulk-Smash Bros Ultimate Artwork
Why should we care. What's important isn't whether you can see the future or not. It's the will to make a choice, and the strength to seize your destiny! Our time has come. Our destiny is our own!"

Rules: Both Combatants at High 8-C
Speed is Equalized

Who Wins and Why?

Ruby Rose:

Shulk:

Inconclusive:

Stomp:

Note: Volume 7 Ruby is being used. Let's take a break from the Tier 2 Shulk matches and focus on a key that doesn't get much love.

Waiting for the Weekly to see Shulk's mini-text wall

Don't see anything stopping Precog/Purge as Ruby's Aura doesn't cover the type of hax Shulk has even if Ruby does have the AP advantage.

Shulk also has a lot more options with his Monado than Ruby with his passive healing, precog, attack reflection and maybe a bit more (can't remember).

I'll vote later as I want to hear the arguments for Ruby.

Also vol 7 ruby is stronger then even vol 6 Ruby thanks to weeks of training after getting to atlas and becoming pro huntsman

Okay so looking at Shulk's page he scales to 3.8 tons whereas Volume 7 Ruby oneshots people undamaged by 5+ tons and volume 7 Ruby leads with speedblitzing opponents with her semblance including human opponents. Not really sure how useful Shulk's precog is going to be here when his opponnt blitzes him before he can do anything

He scales from killing Telethia who can oneshot Faced Mechon, who caused that High 8-C feat

Shulk kinda Hax Stomps.

Precog makes him see all possible futures so Ruby can barely even get a hit in and has Monaco Purge which instantly shuts down all of her senses which completely screws her having any chance of counterattacking.

A minor AP advantage and a blitz is really all she has and Shulk can speed amp himself to counter.

Theglassman12 said:
> A key that doesn't get much love.
Shulk's tier 5: Am I a joke to you?
True. Though to be fair I did have a Tier 5 match waiting for him in a few days

Schnee One said:
Shulk kinda Hax Stomps.
Precog makes him see all possible futures so Ruby can barely even get a hit in and has Monaco Purge which instantly shuts down all of her senses which completely screws her having any chance of counterattacking.

A minor AP advantage and a blitz is really all she has and Shulk can speed amp himself to counter.
All Possible Futures doesn't really happen until Tier 2. High 8-C Precog is much less powerful. However he did gain Passive Attack Reflection, don't know if Ruby can bypass that.

This is derailing. I'm all for someone making a battle involving tier 5 Shulk, but I also would like to see this particular thread to go somewhere as well.

I have a question, are there any staff-approved calculations that gives us a multiplier for how much faster Ruby is with her semblance? If anyone can possibly even give a link, that would make this easier.

Also, the question is still lingering, what does Shulk exactly scale to? Does he have the AP advantage? And what about Ruby?

Also, can someone clarify which of the abilities/techniques listed in his profile are available to him during the High 8-C key and which aren't? That would make this easier as well since I don't know much about this character and about how the abilities are split across the keys and what not.

No, it isn't. If you go to his profile, and go to the section of notable techniques and attacks, you will see that, in fact, those techniques and attacks are not sorted by key.

Also, most of the abilities mentioned in the Power and Abilities section are not listed in the Notable Techniques and Attacks section, and as such, most of those abilities are listed without much context and completely unexplained.

JoshSSJGod said:
Why are you checking the notable techniques? The abilities will tell you what ya need to know.
sigh No, they won't. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles. I don't think it's fair or reasonable for me or anyone else to be expected to know beforehand exactly how Poison Attack works, or what an Aura Heal Gem is, nor do I know if this is something he carries on him at all times, if it is an expandable item or a reusable one, or what Spike is supposed to be. I know a lot of these are stated to be some form of manipulation, but that's not sufficient information for determining anything about how the attacks work and how they can or should be countered, if at all. Many characters have poison manipulation in this wiki, but without further context, it's not really possible to determine how this affects a battle, since different characters have different abilities and different techniques for manipulating poison, all affecting the battle differently, ranging from ineffective to straight up hax. The same goes for all types of manipulation. It's for the same reason that saying a character having durability negation against a character that doesn't have it doesn't immediately stomp in the battle. Context and specifics are needed.

There is a reason I'm asking these questions here. But hey, if you don't want me trying my best to understand the character and trying to advance the conversation, then I won't. Just don't expect me to be reasonable, if that's how it's going to be. I can't present coherent arguments if I only know one of the verses.

Poison just inflicts poison. Spike literally just makes whoever damages Shulk take the same amount of damage that's dealt to him. Aura heal gem just makes him heal over time with an aura. Does that clear up what he has for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back