• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Asuka (Senran Kagura) 1-9-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
And slightly better durability. Also arguably more experience. But the fact that you keep referring to it as slightly higher AP and dura and then claim that Ruby is still fast enough to blitz with speed equalized I really must question again how this is fair.

Also, um, she might not have intangibility for much longer...

DraycoMakargo said:
I'm pretty sure the cafeteria fight was just for comedy. I don't think she ever did something like that again.
She did it when saving penny from her guarda and again agsint the beringel

WeeklyBattles said:
Anyways, literally the only advantage asuka has is sloghtly better ap. Ruby has mensely better mobility, much better speed, intangibility, far better range, flight, more versatility via aoe elemental attacks, etc. so does someone wanna explain how asuka wins here?
Speed Equalized. Intangibility is likely going to be removed. Elemental versatility is not going give a significant edge. Ruby's Pseudo "Flight" is nothing impressive either. Explain that etc too. Regardless, it's 10-4 already.

Besides

When has she ever used her "intangibility" to block casual physical attacks. You realise she has to move when in her petal burst form, its not like she can effectively whip out intangibility to block actual attacks without moving

Speed amps are allowed in speed equalized matches, intangibility isnt goong anywhere, its not pseudo flight its true flight

She still has to actively amp her speed, and it's not as massive as you're implying to. And intangibility is being put in check regardless of what you think. Also her profile disagrees with you about Flight.

Dziga said:
She still has to actively amp her speed, and it's not as massive as you're implying to. And intangibility is being put in check regardless of what you think. Also her profile disagrees with you about Flight.
Which she can do instantly, her speed amp blitzed people who are much faster than herself, the check wont go through, and no, her propfile literally says she has flight, look at her powers section at the end All previous abilities plus Flight, Elemental Intangibility, and Pseudo-Duplication via her Semblance

And it's still not going to give her an edge, since she can't shoot or use elemental dust in air with her semblance.

Dziga said:
And it's still not going to give her an edge, since she can't shoot or use elemental dust in air with her semblance.
Look at her fight with the geist, she uses her semblance, pauses for ansplit second to take pot shots, then reactivetes her semblance to keep moving

Jonx. Okay rude.

But just saying, unless youre gonna spout 6 votes magically to try and even an already decisive score, then its pretty much a lost cause.

Take the L for once

I love Asuka. But as much as this pains me to point out... I can't help but feel a lot of people are voting for her for reasons other than they legitimately believe she would win.

@Weekly Yeah I think I know what you mean, but it never looked like flight to me. At least compared to most characters that show they can fly. But whatever. Hope she shows it off more in volume 6.

Ruby is absolutely more mobile and by a pretty big margin. I'm not delusional enough to dispute that any further. She has a massive advantage at range, and though Asuka has dealt with bullets that have elemental effects and large AoE, she's not going to know that's what they are at first.

Asuka is twice as strong and durable, and she has the advantage in close combat, as well as a few things which can trip Ruby up the first few times she uses them (stalagmites, big-ass frogs, underground teleporting). She's also got a bit more experience under her belt.

All that said, even tho I made such a big deal out of people using it as an argument earlier, that versatility advantage is difficult to ignore. I'd say the best Asuka can hope for is an inconclusive-- it all depends on if Ruby stays out of range towards the beginning or goes CQC, both of which I seem to recall are equally likely for her.

So inconclusive for these reasons. That's my final answer. Whoever wins, neither would kill the other, so if nothing else I can take comfort in that fact.

Everyday I like the writers less. I get being forgetful is a thing, but it just gets stressful and annoying at a point. Offtopic tho, sorry.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
I love Asuka. But as much as this pains me to point out... I can't help but feel a lot of people are voting for her for reasons other than they legitimately believe she would win.
What the left thinks: This is a logical conclusion that I agree with

What the right brain thinks: T I D D I E S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back