• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Asuka (Senran Kagura) 1-9-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a video I created showcasing some of her neat abilities.

Ruby is more mobile in battle thanks to her Semblance

See this point forward of this video for why this is not entirely correct

Also since Ruby uses a bladed weapon Asuka's Dura advantage isn't all that much since bladed weapons can cut people stronger than you.

And hitting someone two times as strong as you with a blunt force object such as a hammer would hurt them as well. Really don't see how this is the least bit of an advantage

Ruby's Aura will stop Asuka's swords from cutting her.

Not saying Ruby is immune to blade attacks since her Aura can break. Just that for a good chunk of this fight it'll be like Asuka is using a blunt weapon instead of a sword.

What you've just described is exactly how Shinobi Armor works. Their clothing is quite similar to Aura in RWBY, that's why so many characters in SK use swords and knives liberally yet you rarely see anyone bleed.

Also can Asuka even use Frantic Mode while she's transformed?

Yes.

Ruby also has a bunch of elemental Dust Bullets like Lightning, Ice, and Fire. Ruby also spams her Semblance which gives her Intangibility and True Flight.

Lightning, Ice, Fire, Elemental Intangibility. All of whom Asuka fights on a virtually daily basis and is still known by most people of higher positions as the strongest and most skilled.

https://i.imgur.com/xqgioty.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oWQQLRI.jpg

And now I'll give you some testaments to her skill and stamina. Actually I'll just give one for both and if you need more I'll provide.

Skill: These three characters have all been training since they were two years old. Here's proof of that. Asuka beat them all single-handedly (and canonically). And they weren't going easy, no, their victory was the only thing which could guarantee they would be able to meet up with someone very near and dear to them who had passed away. They were going all out and she still won.

Stamina: Daidouji is immensely stronger than any of the students. Here she is BTFO-ing five of them at once twice and Asuka still gets back up and wants to keep fighting. There have been multiple times in the series when Asuka has been barely able to stand and still worked up the strength to defeat her opponent.

DO WE HAVE TIME FOR BONUS MEME?: Here she is defeating Orochi which is one of the most powerful yoma.

Edit: Also should be noted that her frog summons aren't normal sized frogs. She can also use her stalagmites to trip Ruby up.

Ruby is absolutely more mobile that Asuka, a combination of her semblance spam and her rifle recoil cement that fact.

Frantic Mode screws Asuka over severely due to halving her durability.

Fighting people who use similar abilites doesnt in any make you randomly immune to them somehow, expecially considering Ruby's applications of them arent conventional.

And you havent given an explanation as to how Asuka will deal with Ruby blitzing the hell out of her with her semblance spam.

You can't compare skill between these two characters. You can't really prove your point when it comes to skill because of how different the two are.

What's impressive in one show may not be impressive in another. I just ignore skill when it's like this since it's obvious they're both skilled but you can't tell who is more skilled.

(It woud be a endless argument)

Stamina: That doesn't mean that much, stamina mean how long you can fight before getting tired. Asuka getting up after a beating that wasn't even 10 minutes isn't that impressive since it wasn't that long.

If this beating had lasted for hours than that would be impressive. Almost any main character in fiction can stand up after getting their butt whopped.

I still think Ruby is far more mobile thanks to Flight and Intangibility, also just because Asuka fights people with similar attack doesn't mean her abilities are worthless.

I didn't know that about Shinobi Clothes, where does that come from?

Can you show me a scan of Asuka going into frantic mode while in her ultimate form?

Also what about Ruby's range advantage, Ruby is a sniper after all and SBA starts them off from Ruby's highest range which is hundreds of meters away.

Frantic Mode screws Asuka over severely due to halving her durability.

Literally in this exact ******* thread I told you no, it does not halve her durability. Likewise, it does not double her AP. It's to an unknown degree.

Fighting people who use similar abilites doesnt in any make you randomly immune to them somehow, expecially considering Ruby's applications of them arent conventional

Would love for you to point to where I said it makes her immune. It just makes it less of a factor. Not to mention it just so happens that SK characters use the abilities unconventionally as well.

And you havent given an explanation as to how Asuka will deal with Ruby blitzing the hell out of her with her semblance spam.

Last time I checked blitz = stomp so if that's true then bye-bye this thread. Although Asuka has fought people faster tha her before.

Now for Poinciana...

Skill stuff

Can't argue much here.

Stamina stuff

"There have been multiple times in the series when Asuka has been barely able to stand and still worked up the strength to defeat her opponent." Asuka is often considered the strongest because of her stamina and skill.

I didn't know that about Shinobi Clothes, where does that come from?

Shinobi Clothes isn't actually the name for it, Idk why I decided to call it that. But this is why their durability is lessened when they're in Frantic Mode. Their clothing is often referred to as armor, and you'll often see that their clothing will tear but their skin and everything else is intact.

Can you show me a scan of Asuka going into frantic mode while in her ultimate form?

Her Ultimate form? I don't think we're using her Ultimate form, otherwise she would be Large Building level+

Also what about Ruby's range advantage, Ruby is a sniper after all and SBA starts them off from Ruby's highest range which is hundreds of meters away.

She's dealt with a sniper before and most characters in the series have a range advantage over her. She just works around it via her, for want of a better word, skill.

Tfw Creeps from rwby have the same ability (instantly burrowing in the ground and traveling Gender ground to reappear somewhere else) and Ruby can fight and kill them with little issue and react to this attack

Ruby with her semblance can speedblitz people who are a full speed tier above her and she spams it in character.

And no, fighting someone who uses massive ice constructs and aoe ice doesn't suddenly mean she will know that ruby's ice dust bullets which look almost exactly like her normal bullets will freeze her on contact or if she's even close to the blast.Ruby's Elemental are FAR less telling than Senran Kagura characters' attacks.

Not only on contact, but if she's even close to the blast.

Asuka has no idea that Ruby's bullets can do the same, nor does she know that Ruby's bullets can electrocute her or set her on fire in the same manner, or that her gravity dust bullets which look identical to her normal ammo move much faster and hit much harder.

For this match Asuka Starts at base, but can go further from there :)

Edit so yes Ultimate is allowed

There isn't 7 votes yet and there will still need be a grace period of 24 hours once it hits 7 votes

I assume Arrogant isnt going to be countering my points so Ruby still has a massive mobility advantage, a massive (blitz-worthy) speed advantage with her semblance spam, a range advantage that she starts off at and can easily attain, elemental ammunition Asuka has no knowledge of, and her slipstream which can take Asuka down fairly easily and leave her open for attacks.

Basically the only thing Asuka has as an advantage is AP and durability and even then its not that big of an advantage.

Well you assume ******* wrong. She does not have a massive mobility advantage. Clearly you didn't watch the video because Asuka is incredibly agile and mobile in her own right, able to air dash, run on walls, and pull of air combat quite well. If it is a blitz then this should be closed because I don't think I've ever heard that term used in a non-stomp scenario. Asuka is more than capable of reacting to sniper rounds and can easily close the distance. And last time I checked speed equalized doesn't mean the opponent can't dodge. Elemental shit, yeah Asuka won't know about it, but once one flies past her and freezes/burns/electrifies the ground I think she'll get the picture. And it's awfully presumptuous to assume the slipstream would take Asuka down, much less easily, given that you know nothing about her.

@Arrogant Watch these videos and tell me how wall running and single direction air dashes are even remotely comparable to Ruby's mobility with her semblance.

Ruby's profile literally has 'Blitzed Team JNPR' in it. Team JNPR includes Pyrrha Nicos, who is Hypersonic+ to Ruby's then Hypersonic speed, and this was pre-timeskip before she mastered her semblance.

Ruby's sniper rounds arent the speed of normal sniper rounds, they can hit people who are Hypersonic+.

If Asuka is close enough to see the explosion she would be hit by it. Even being in the general area of an explosion of ice dust froze half a man's body in a block of ice and he was a good distance away from it.

The slipstream took down Pyrrha who was High 8-C to Ruby's 8-C pre-timeskip.

I never denied that Ruby has the mobility advantage; she absolutely does. It just rustles my jimmies quite a bit when you say 'easily' or 'massively' as it feels like you are discrediting the other character and I don't quite appreciate that, I must say.

Hypersonic. So then how is this match even remotely fair?

What he said^

Ok, but also worth pointing out Ruby won't be expecting stalagmites twice her size to suddenly appear while she's zipping around at speeds apparently high enough to blitz which again makes me question how this is fair.

Would you say Pyrrha pre-timeskip was 4 tons? An honest answer and not just one that helps your case would be appreciated.

She does easily have the mobility advantage. Wall running and single direction air dashes arent even remotely comparable to true flight and instant sharp mid-air direction changes that can be and are spammed frequently in character.

Because Asuka has an AP advantage that she can further increase at the drop of a hat?

Pre-timeskip Pyrrha was baseline and Ruby blitzed and took her and the rest of team JNPR out with her slipstream before she even mastered her semblance. Post timeskip Ruby can fodderize baseline High 8-C Grimm and can take out Grimm on her level with her slipstream.

There's also Ruby's ability to split into multiple clouds of rose petals to avoid attacks and confuse her opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back