• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Asuka (Senran Kagura) 1-9-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Kay

An advantage which you've made clear isn't significant, and a blitz is still a stomp.

I don't see how this means she can easily take out someone twice as strong as her.

Seeing how she is considered one of if not the strongest characters in the series, that would make her quite a bit above the one who quite effortlessly performs the 4 ton feat everyone in the verse cales from.

So she's above 4 tons by an unquantifiable amount vs Ruby treating borderline High 8-Cs (that previously took significant effort from her whole team to take down) as fodder. For simplicity's sake lets say the gap is 2x as we're working with some unknowns here. A 2x advantage is not enough of an advantage that Asuka would be able to take Ruby down without effort, nor does it mean that Ruby can take Asuka down without effort as well. Ruby's semblance however evens this out a bit as she would be much faster than Asuka, and if Asuka uses Frantic Mode her AP does go up but her durability goes down, and Ruby still has her speed, her mobility, her elemental intangibility and her tendency to spam all three in combat.

In close quarters Asuka is physically stronger and more durable but Ruby's semblance allows her to blitz around a good number of Asuka's attacks and can give her a very easy escape route to put distance between them if need be. Ruby has also shown that she is perfectly willing to use her sniper at point blank range, and she was able to get three point blank shots off against the Beringel, who is comparable to Ruby in speed, before it could figure out where she was to protect itself.

At a distance Ruby is much better than Asuka given her multiple ranged options, her sniper's bullets traveling much faster than normal sniper rounds and having aoe elemental effects, and her ability to quickly shift between long range and close range combat due to her semblance.

Ruby's tornado would, if not take Asuka down completely, without a doubt disorient her enough for Ruby to get a clean shot off on her.

Also, a funny thing to note, Asuka's stalactite creating attack would be countered by Ruby's Reap attack where Ruby quite literally attacks the ground in front of her and sends the debris at the opponent to distract them.

According to the profile Asuka Ulti mode increases her speed, and Frantic Mode increases attack speed

Edit: Apparently Frantic Mode enhances speed in general not just attack speed though that could be a contradiction in the profile itself, stating two different things

WeeklyBattles said:
She doesn have Ulti Mode here though, and her profile even states that the increase is only slight
This :) (It has been this way the whole thread)

This is difficult as heck. They are both powerful waifus, and their abilities are awesome.

I will only bump for now.

Forgot to follow through with this, but id think from what i heard, Asuka does win.

Changing my vote and Voting for Asuka though.

I... don't think it should work like that. Tell me at least one other reason why his vote for Asuka should be disregarded completely.

Everyone changing to asuka for arrogant's reasoning is changing based on reasoning that was agreed wouldnt be enoigh for asuka to win, even arrogant changed his vote to ruby. The vites for asuka based on asuka's reasojing are invalid and cannot be counted.

RebubleUselet said:
I... don't think it should work like that. Tell me at least one other reason why his vote for Asuka should be disregarded completely.
Because he was making all of the arguments for asuka and he ended up saying that after all his arguments that ruby would win.

Yes, he changed his vote to ruby after an entire thread of trying to make an argument for asuka einning. All the votes based on his reasoning are faulty as he himself agreed that asuka would lose.

I changed my vote to Ruby because I was tired of getting heated over this thread. If all these people really think my arguments were good and valid, I may just have to go with Asuka again for... my reasons.

Still would rather have this much focus on Shiki vs Ruby tho

Kaltias said:
Ok, since when it works like that.

It's one thing when the reasons are proven to be objectively wrong, but the votes aren't tied to the person giving reasons, they are tied to the reasons being valid.
Which they arent as areogant agreed they arent valid

@Arrogant So are you going to try to explain how a slight ap advantage that asuka has trumps ruby having a hige advantage in loterally every other category and a semblance that can speedblitz her?

Anyways, literally the only advantage asuka has is sloghtly better ap. Ruby has mensely better mobility, much better speed, intangibility, far better range, flight, more versatility via aoe elemental attacks, etc. so does someone wanna explain how asuka wins here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back