• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose (RWBY) vs. Papyrus (Undertale)

Maybe speed should be equalized here, Marvel? Cause Pap is at least MHS+, likely much higher. Whereas Ruby's reactions only allow her to react up to MHS speeds.

R3? I'll wait on that.

Well, Papyrus is a goofball and usually doesn't go all out. He tries his best not to hurt someone if he can help it. Considering he stops fighting the moment he sees Frisk is too hurt to "battle" and simply putting them in the shed.

I thought Papyrus would hold back as he doesn't want to hurt the human, while Ruby would be more inclined to go all out considering she only knows Papyrus is a skeleton monster that wants to capture humans so their SOULs would be taken (How would Ruby know that you ask? Papyrus would tell her that when they meet). Undyne also says that despite his strength, he's too nice.

I think this would be like the Sans threads, where one character holds back a lot due to their um...character, and the other one can easily beat the other with a hax that the other won't see coming (Ruby's Silver Eyes). Not to mention Papyrus' stats can drop if he doesn't want to fight, like in the Genocide Route. So yeah, that's why I have it like that.

Going with Ruby here since Papyrus would go easy and never try to kill Ruby, whereas Ruby would think Papyrus is just a 1 dimensional monster with no feelings just like Grimm.

(Unless she finds out during the fight that Papyrus isn't trying to kill him, and instead try for the K.O)

Xmark12 said:
Going with Ruby here since Papyrus would go easy and never try to kill Ruby, whereas Ruby would think Papyrus is just a 1 dimensional monster with no feelings just like Grimm.
(Unless she finds out during the fight that Papyrus isn't trying to kill him, and instead try for the K.O)
Why would she think that, he can clearly talk. Papyrus LOVES to talk and talk, heck he'll try to make friends with her first by making her go through puzzles.

Hm, you may have a point there. Though Bloodlusted Papyrus may oneshot, but Ruby has Silver Eyes...

Speed Equalized, maybe as well?

Ruby freezes him and starts to chop away at him with her scythe.

That, or if she doesn't do it within the first couple seconds, Papyrus throws bones until she dies.

Still leaning towards Ruby.

Inb4 RWBY fanboys

Attacks that hit the soul/ignoring aura durability + gravity limiting her speed and agility with no DETERMINATION to counter it.

Pap KOs her and takes her to the capture zone.

Edit: Found out that Pap has been downgraded again.

Papyrus' AP is > Ruby's durability. Even factoring in Silver Eyes, Papyrus has Blue Mode to limit her movement, is going to be dealing damage Ruby cannot heal from, and has his blue attacks, which will definitely throw her for a loop if she tries to move when he uses them.

Definitely leaning towards bloodlusted Papyrus with low-mid difficulty.

I can see Papyrus winning due having a higher Attack Potency and his Blue Mode should make Ruby's speed boost become close to useless since she would be stuck against the ground.

Its probably me but I believe since his attacks target her soul, her aura which protects her physical durability is going to be useless. That coupled with his random attack waves and blue mode should finish her off quite quickly. Remember thar Papyrus can accidentally kill the player if it wasn't for the scripting which ends up with him dropping you down to 1 HP then abducting you.

Lord Ghetsis said:
Its probably me but I believe since his attacks target her soul, her aura which protects her physical durability is going to be useless. That coupled with his random attack waves and blue mode should finish her off quite quickly. Remember thar Papyrus can accidentally kill the player if it wasn't for the scripting which ends up with him dropping you down to 1 HP then abducting you.
Except, the thing is. Papyrus cannot accidentally kill the player. In the actual story, Papyrus will not kill you. He's the only monster with self control like that. It doesn't matter about scripting or anything like that, that's just gameplay. It just matters that in the story, Papyrus knows when someone's about to die, and contain himself from killing you.

Xmark12 said:
Lord Ghetsis said:
Except, the thing is. Papyrus cannot accidentally kill the player. In the actual story, Papyrus will not kill you. He's the only monster with self control like that. It doesn't matter about scripting or anything like that, that's just gameplay. It just matters that in the story, Papyrus knows when someone's about to die, and contain himself from killing you.
More or less that's what I meant, he can control himself from killing you but he is quite capable of doing so. Tried to reword it better. He's not weak, he just has good self control is what I was trying to get across though since this Papyrus is apparently bloodlusted, I think he may accidentally kill Ruby.

Just to be clear, Bloodlusted means they're going to do nothing but try to kill each other without holding back whatsoever.

There is no "accidental death" here.

They'll kill each other because they want the other dead any means necessary, simple as that.

Actually I just realized this. Their aura is their soul going outward and protecting them. Since papyrus attacks the soul, it is the same thing as anyone else that attacks ruby. They explained what aura is in v1. So papyrus can't ignore ruby's durability.

So my line of thinking is that ruby wins, since all she needs time for is to use silver eyes. Then just kill papyrus while he is frozen. Since papyrus doesn't just 1 shot her by ignoring durability I think ruby has time to use it.

Morlock435 said:
So my line of thinking is that ruby wins, since all she needs time for is to use silver eyes. Then just kill papyrus while he is frozen. Since papyrus doesn't just 1 shot her by ignoring durability I think ruby has time to use it.
Pap is going to end her in one hit and Ruby doesn't know how to use Silver Eyes on command.

Siding with Pap due to his overall superior stats, and the fact that he can restrict Ruby's movement with his Soul manipulation.

Pretty sure that Papyrus can lay the island level smackdown on Ruby before she can do anything, especially when locked down with blue mode.

That being said, realistically, they would never fight.

Ghostly Owns said:
Pretty sure that Papyrus can lay the island level smackdown on Ruby before she can do anything, especially when locked down with blue mode.
That being said, realistically, they would never fight.

You know Papyrus isn't Island level anymore right?

Didn't know that till now. Anyways, small town level should be enough to take Ruby down, if not out.

My point still stands, and I still favor Papyrus.

Not sure, Ruby cant hurt Papyrus with physical attacks and has no control over the one power that actually can work on him...

Back