• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RPG vs literal RPG - Wayne (OmniRealm Warriors) vs Usernown (RPGW)

Requested by Smashtwig

Wayne vs Usernown (RPGW)

Wayne in his elementary years is used, and Usernown in his RPG Saako form is used, specifically the seventh release.

Speed is =

Rest is SBA

RPG but it's actually an RP:

RPG and it is actually an RPG:

Inconclusive:

Let the battle begin!

>turned based strategy

>applies logic/science/big brain to not get bodied

I like this already

I don't have much of an opinion, but I will say that Usernown as much in common with Joey Contra, which Wayne scales to. Both have some kinda of Energy Manip skill used for various purposes like enhancing attacks, cutting projectiles, DragonBZ attack rushes, and forcefields; so Usernown isn't something new to Wayne.

Other than that fact tho, I don't really know who has an edge over the other

Well, Usernown is more Might Guy, and lemme tell you, Naruto CQC is way, way different then Dragon Ball CQC. I mean it takes actual Martial arts skill to do and stuff

Not to mention Usernown has dura negating Destructo Disks to mix it up, it's not just a generic cut.

yeah a big problem for Wayne is that his own form of dura negating doesn't really work due to Heat Resistance and he has to deal with many Kienzan's at once. It's not like he hasn't dealt with that before by blowing em all up with a Heat Lance, but it's still a problem.

If there is something for sure Wayne has over User is that he has somewhat more versatility in how he can use his Pyro/Terrakinesis

Another big problem for Wayne is Heat Resist in general. He's dealt with that before (the very first boss, Essenor, was literally anti-Elemental for the most part), but it is still half his arsenal gone. His Earth side is arguably just as good as his fire side tho if not better.

Seismic Spikes (one of his most powerful attacks) hits everywhere on the ground and the height of each spike can be adjusted to whatever height is needed to hit his enemy. If it can puncture a hole in User, it would probably be fatal

Don't forget about intelligence either, Wayne has prevailed over too many enemies with far better abilities than him with it alone. If melee seems to be the main feature (aside from discs) of User then Wayne could probably adapt well to take a ranged approach to the battle/using environment to stay away (running away with Pyro Drive) while throwing different projectiles from different angles

How good is he at abusing range?

He's fighting an uphill battle. He'll do good damage, but not that much considering they're quite even in AP, meanwhile, Destructo Disks can end the fight immediately.

He's extremely good at abusing both close and long ranges (long range especially when the environment is involved). One Shot's aren't too scary, especially when Scorch Speed/Pyro Drive should make his speed fast enough to either dodge the Kienzans or just straight up run away. Fighting uphill battles is what he's been doing the whole game, like, WHOLE GAME, one shotting disks aren't too bad.

Can we take on account the shockwaves?

Those things have vast more range of the flying disks and the only thing he needs to use them is to throw a good blow or various ones towards the air (As an example take Might Guy's Evening Elephant, but quite more disperse and with overall beter range. It's obviously not as the same type, as this one launches air itself, but you know what i'm trying to mean). Though not as harmful as the disks as they are primarily only used for knockback, they might keep Wayne quite in a good distance and do a good chunk of damage if constant damage is made while keeping him away too.

Also, im glad to see you explicitly mentioned that his elemental attacks are not magic rather regular energy.

Like i said on other threads, doesn't speed = makes non-temporal speed amps restricted too?

How do you think Wayne might handle User's regen?

Anyways, this fight seems pretty nice and not onesided

Keep in mind, SBA says it'll be 4 KM since User Gai can punch a hole across the Pacific Ocean, which is over 11,000 KM long, lest, from Tijuana to China.

His shockwaves can go really stinking far like that.

>another common thing in this fight, Guy's Evening Elephant. You have good taste

Heat Lance is quite literally based on Sekizo (Elephant), but with heat applied. Difference is that compared to the Sekizo, the wave from a Heat Lance is M E G A T H I C C, it's absolutely humongous. The two moves would likely cancel out. If Heat Lance isn't an option for some reason, Wayne could always hide within the environment and in the ground with Earth Manip OR use his defense buffing Sand Aegis to reduce damage significantly by half.

Apparently, speed buffs are allowed as long as they don't make it a blitz, so Scorch Speed may not be allowed, but Pyro Drive should be to avoid discs easily

As for Regen, this is where the property of Mantle Mode known as "Astral Energy" comes to play. In short, Astral Energy can "seal" away means of resurrecting or surviving attacks that should have killed the victim or ripped a limb off or something, as long as the victim of said attack is not a Deity/God.

Though it would mean that Wayne MUST be in Mantle Mode, he can do it as much as he wants as long as he gathered up the Energy from the ground (by default, already maxed out). Now yes this turns his Earth attacks into lava, but not entirely to be countered by Heat Resist, his attacks are still mainly in rock form, but just close to turning liquid (lava); In short, they are still primary rocks and not lava.

DMUA said:
Keep in mind, SBA says it'll be 4 KM since User Gai can punch a hole across the Pacific Ocean, which is over 11,000 KM long, lest, from Tijuana to China.
Oh damn, i forgot that.

I might add that range thing right now or not? I know edit buffs when currently doing a vs thread isn't allowed, so i guess we'll just assume it is 4KM as base distance due to what you mentioned

DMUA said:

Still not too much of a problem, Wayne has fought his Adult version, who while not having as a impressive range, still loves to spam projectiles to hell and back. Like that one kid in fighting games who picks the character with a million different projectiles and sits there in the back spamming them (me)

Uninown said:
Oh damn, i forgot that.

I might add that range thing right now or not? I know edit buffs when currently doing a vs thread isn't allowed, so i guess we'll just assume it is 4KM as base distance due to what you mentioned
I mean, techically it's still "Kilometers"

So it's not a big deal, we can add it along woth the results.

Smashtwig said:
Apparently, speed buffs are allowed as long as they don't make it a blitz
It's as long as the normally slower character doesn't win via speedblitz due to a crazy amp.

That said... This matchup doesn't even need speed equalization and this issue to arise in the first place, they're both in the Rel+ range.

So, yeah, Scorch Speed is fine.

DMUA, gimme a quick synopsis of the arguments for either side before I nerf you.

I'd like to see ye try motherhecker

Also, both have similar AP and speed, Wayne has access to amps he can use, Usernown has dura negation to throw, shockwaves that go Kilometers, Wayne has a lot of skill in ranged heckery, and Usernown resists half of his arsenal

That's pretty much the sum of it, Wayne's CQC is incredible too but it won't matter in this fight and Discs aren't too big of a problem as long as Wayne keeps them in mind. His Astral Energy can pretty much counter Regenerationn

this is close, insta kill discs are very much a big threat and kilometer shockwaves are noteworthy. But if Wayne is that skilled at long range combat and using environmental areas to his advantage, he has a lot of ways to avoid anything major. His speed amp should make it easier to dodge the big attacks and this "Astral Energy" thing seems to be a good counter to Regenerationn. I'm thinking Wayne mid dif

only takes away 1 AC, doesn't work on anything bigger than Small sized creatures, must be humanoid, doesn't work on Undead or other creatures unaffected by Criticals

So

Wayne has potential stat amps which give him the raw advantage so to speak, and has the probably skill advantage...

But Usernown has range and resists a lot of his stuff. Plus Dura Neg.

Wayne has a viable argument for dodging, and also seems to have dura neg.

For now I'll vote Wayne. With his speed this distance is trivial to cross, and he can further amp it to make it even easier.

Mr. Bambu said:
only takes away 1 AC, doesn't work on anything bigger than Small sized creatures, must be humanoid, doesn't work on Undead or other creatures unaffected by Criticals
Why two can play at that game

FIRES LASER LABELED "DnD is only 9-B, except Luminous being who's like 5-B lol"

alright

go tell it to Azzy

do it

I dare you

punk

Mr. Bambu said:
only takes away 1 AC, doesn't work on anything bigger than Small sized creatures, must be humanoid, doesn't work on Undead or other creatures unaffected by CriticalsSo
Wayne has potential stat amps which give him the raw advantage so to speak, and has the probably skill advantage...

But Usernown has range and resists a lot of his stuff. Plus Dura Neg.

Wayne has a viable argument for dodging, and also seems to have dura neg.

For now I'll vote Wayne. With his speed this distance is trivial to cross, and he can further amp it to make it even easier.
Seems solid except for the skill part.

I'm not agreeing in any way with that part. Wayne is skilled, yes, but he is barely at his elementary years. Unless Wayne has been training till he was born, i'm saying User got the skill advantage in CQC combat. I said it in other thread, but pre-RPG he was pretty decent when he was at his 14-15s, and the RPG ended when most of the party was at his 20s, including User. So he got around 5 and possibly more years of constant combat skill. No, he wasn't a sitting duck, he was the one that always managed to get in close combat and tank with monsters and other enemies being around in several times.

Dura neg will be hard to pull out, as it is heat based. User has already resisted intense heat fireballs coming from an explosion. You may compared this fireball type to those released by nukes on detonation.

Also, didn't Smashtwig mention that Wayne didn't quite have Deity Flare in this key (which is the move that negs regen apparently)? Or that's just my imagination? Even if it negs regen, it isn't that usual regen you would think of. Usernown first creates a prosthetic energy limb or covering in the part it was damaged, and then turns the energy to true flesh. It would more resemble actual pseudo-healing rather than a regular passive Regenerationn.

But in range skill, you got a point. He isn't that skilled in that area.

Wayne does NOT get Deity Flare, however Mantle Mode does have Astral Energy just like DFlare. Regardless of the method, Astral Energy seals off anyway of Regenerationn, pseudo or not on hit.

Heat Lance, especially HL: True Form is hard to pull off, but note that it was made to bypass physical durability and attack inner organs with heat and if used the sharpness of the True Form

Also while he won't get bodied, Wayne is definitely not as skilled in CQC

Smashtwig said:
Wayne does NOT get Deity Flare, however Mantle Mode does have Astral Energy just like DFlare. Regardless of the method, Astral Energy seals off anyway of Regenerationn, pseudo or not on hit.
Heat Lance, especially HL: True Form is hard to pull off, but note that it was made to bypass physical durability and attack inner organs with heat and if used the sharpness of the True Form
His body still has the ability to resist the heat. Inner or not, its not like its an ability proper of his skin whatsoever, its the entirety of his body. It's not strange energy based, he just kind of showed up that heat resistance ability in some ocassions on the RPG.

Even when User technically has the range advantage in terms of distance, I'd say Wayne is much more skilled using his distance compared to User with many different angle attacks compared to just 2 different attacks

> I argue skill advantage

> People tell me "no"

> Immediately brings up range advantage

welp.

Mr. Bambu said:
> I argue skill advantage
> People tell me "no"

> Immediately brings up range advantage

welp.
You didn't quite mention what skill type you referred to. I assumed you referred to CQC.

Like Smashtwig said, Wayne has range skill advantage, while User has more close combat skill than him.

Having range advantage Ôëá Having range skill

It's like if a grab a sniper but i dont know to use it, but i have an opponent that is front at me with a bow but he is godlike with it.

Well DMUA told me specifically that Wayne had range skill advantage

but noted lol

Thanks to Wayne's speed amp it would be hard for User to catch up to him for a close range attack and long range attacks are still gonna be hard to land too. At the same time half of Wayne's arsenal is resisted, but he still has something to work with.

Smashtwig said:
How does User plan to get in close to deal good damage to Wayne?
He has an incredibly vast arsenal of CQC of techniques that either grant him some temporal speed buff (see the tackle attack and dive) or som skill towards wayne.

The problem there is that Wayne also has temporal speed buff (Pyro Drive, Scorch Speed) to dash away from User as soon as he tries something to get closer. User will still have a tough time. The few ways I can say User can get close is either covering his approach with shockwaves or discs as his back ups or somehow invoke Wayne's emotions, which are extremely easy to become anger at this age to make him go close range (but that is a big IF because it may not even result in close range approach and just makes him to stronger blasts instead. And thats IF he knows about this weakness)

This seems to be leaning more and more towards Wayne's side. Range + Dodge Discs seems to wrap up the debate quite well. If there's anyone willing to help out User now would be a good time

If no one has any further things to point out I guess I'll vote for Wayne to end this thread mainly because of Range Skill and means of dodging Discs and bypassing Regen, though I still think it can go either way.

(If someone drops an opinion imma revoke my vote tho)

Okay, Thatoneguy78 [currently ItsAlmostHalloweenMyDudes on Discord] (not sure if his vote would count) said that Wayne got this 7/10. If he dodges the initial discs from User (very doable via speed amp). He can then Astral Range Spam his way to victory with Speed Amp and can possibly find a way to destroy the discs if he hits the parts of the discs that aren't the edges.

Okay so it's 5-0 [DMUA, Thatoneguy, 66Gaming123, Nightmare, Mr. Bambu] (4-0 possibly in case one changes their mind).

I'll add to the victories and losses FOR NOW, but if things change, I'll revoke

Back