• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RPG Boys that still aren't in Smash - Isaac VS Sora

XitSign

He/Him
Do you ever promise someone you'll do something, and then you completely forget to do it?

I'm not a smart man, I promised I would put this thread up weeks ago at this point I think...But, better late than never. Have a pair of RPG protagonists that a lot of people want in Super Smash Brothers...but continue to miss the roster. They've got CVS recipt-length power lists, too many summonable allies to count, and silly messy haircuts.

Lets go bois.

---

Isaac VS Sora, Speed Equalized, KH2 Sora (I've been told this is Sora at his peak for the tier, and each game Sora is radically differant so we'll start here and I'll switch the Sora used if there's enough demand.), both at least High 4-C.

Golden Boi: 0

Disney Boi: 0

No Boi: 3

Nibroc-Rock Isaac (Golden Sun)-Smash U
Sora (KHIIFM) KHIIHD

To be honest, even if Issac is High 4-C, he seems to be above baseline while Sora is 4.22 FOE, so he one shots either way.

Okay, cleared up everything with Isaac's tier in another thread.

Isaac and the GS gang start at 1 FOE, but also have a small scaling chain and a big powerup after the scaling chain as well, so they should be somewhere decently above 1 FOE, so that's out of one-shot range and this fight should still be doable.

Hard to tell, Isaac's a protag character so it's typically player choice. He's aligned with Venus though, so he'd probably use a Venus based ability or Venus Djinn first. Venus covers a bunch of Earth, Plant, Death, and Soul manip attacks or Forcefields, Stat manip (his own defense or cutting Sora's speed), and immobilizations support abilities.

It's hard to tell which side he'd even take, Isaac's kinda the 'Jack-of-all-trades' for the team, and juggles both hard offense with a variety of support abilities.

For Earth, Plant and Death, Sora can just reflect or null, but Soul attacks would be a problem.

Sora has a decent AP advantage, which should give him a advantage in melee, alongside reflega as well.

Sora doesn't have EE in this form and it's not like he would go for it anyway

Power Mimicry for Sora is inconsistent but it would be useful as well.

However, the moment Issac decides to use some hax Sora can't resist or null, like Power Null and BFR, Sora would be in a bit of trouble, so it really comes down to wheater Issac uses his best hax before Sora beats him in melee.

I think i'll go with Inconclusive.

For the record. I'm personally not entirely sure what all the BFRs are when talking about Isaac's moveset, because his options to get rid of people are all over the place in whether or not they should count. The only consistant one seems to be the Gale Djinn who forces the opponent to flee the fight, but the how is still up for debate.

But on topic, Power Nulls or an attempt at a BFR won't be Isaac's first move, probably, since they're all outside of his normal element. But the Djinn are pretty much no-cost summons and a pair of them (Luff and Rime) both have Power Null effects, so he does have nothing to lose busting them out if he's intimidated by Sora's abilities and wants to shut him down. So Sora's definately got some time to get some action in before Isaac tries that one.

One for Incon counted.

I know the pain of your favorite boy not making it to Smash

...But Rex either gets stompped or does the stomp, there's no inbetween with Xenoblade scaling. This is just a more fair match-up of missing boys. XD

Another vote for incon

It's not often a thread could get necroed by reality...lets see if Nintendo decides to ruin my fun here.

Back