• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

XitSign

He/Him
You know, I've actually seen a few other VS communities bring up Link VS Isaac pretty often (They're both blonde, teenage swordsman heroes and are both Nintendo characters), but I don't think this wiki's ever had them go at it before.

Time to fix that! The Hero of Twilight VS the Hero of the Golden Sun

I'm so glad my favorite version of Link had the right rating to make this happen, and it's even pretty good tematically with all the darkness vs light in both games

---

Link VS Isaac, Speed Equalized, High 4-C Endgame Link

Twilight Boy: 0

Golden Boy: 2

No Boy: 0

Link Artwork 1 (Twilight Princess)
Gs-isaac

As swordskill goes, I'd say they are pretty even. I'd say that Link might be at an advantage (since in Twi he is trained by an elite swordsman) but Isaac also crossed blade with very skilled swordmen (Saturos, the Colosso fighters who are basically the best non-adept fighters of the continent). Isaac's abilities are also strongly affected by his djinn setup, I'd assume that using them to get to the Ronin or Master class he gets a much better mastery of his blade (on top of higher physical abilities in general) than when in his normal Knight/Lord class. So in that case it really depends on the setup, for the sake of fairness I'd say none of them had time to prepare, so Isaac is just going mono-element. In that case they are more or less even as swordsmen.

As far as physical strength goes, I'd give an advantage to link for lifting strength (because the massive metal ball he lifts and all) but other than that, given the boost from the djinns, I think they are again more or less even. Isaac can lift as many of those balls as he wants with psynergy tho', but it doesn't have much use in battle aside from moving them around (same for Link, lifting them isn't very useful in a fight)

What really affects how the fight will go is the other abilities and arsenal, and I have to give Isaac a huge point here. Even locked in Earth manipulation it's a big advantage already. Creating pits, stone pillars, stone pikes to launch like ballista shots or just make the ground implode is impressive and all, but it is especially effective to control the battlefield and create a favorable terrain. Then he has his healing abilities, and they are very high. He'd just need 2 or 3 seconds to heal almost all of his wounds, that would push Link to be very aggressive to not give him the occasion, but then again, Isaac can create so many obstacles. Link does have a bunch of items tho'. He could try to place bombs to surprise Isaac, leaving them behind a rock or dead angle among the rubble and all. Or explode obstacles to reach him. The bow also gives a good ranged option to create an opening if he aims well. The clawhooks also give some manoeuvrability which could get handy if the terrain gets full of rocks and pillars (or maybe even a lot of floating boulder that could be used to hinder bow shots etc, but then link could grapple to them to get to a high position). I am not sure what else in TwiLink arsenal could be useful though.

Then there is the djinns, if Isaac is allowed to use them it would probably be the deadliest options available, to the cost of weakening him for a time (which would create an opportunity for link, and a nice tension in the fight) but open up for a summon which could end the fight instantly. Going for the Venus(earth djinns) Isaac could use Flint (wouldn't destroy the Hylian shield but would definitely break Link's guard), Granite to halve the damage of an attack he couldn't avoid, Humus to flatten Link of the ground for a few seconds etc. Most of them would be used as defensive buffes to make him even tankier. I don't think summons are allowed, but if they are, after 4 djinn used, Link would have to end Isaac very quickly or he'll take a country/continent wide explosion to the face.

So yeah, my vote goes to Isaac's win on that one. Both of them are pretty smart (solves lot of puzzles and all) so they'd probably attempt a wide array of tactics during the fight to try to corner the other.

Talked about in the other thread you're in, but Isaac is given all djinn and classes because the concept is heavily Game Mechanic-d, he's allowed to be outside of mono-Venus.

Summons are not restricted at all, Isaac can use them freely.

But considering you listed points even despite restricting Isaac, I'll give one to the Golden Boy.

I'm unsure how you could balance Isaac having all djinns. Having more than 9, maybe, but he doesn't own *all* of them. A lot belong to the other party members. Even if he had all 72, we have no idea how much power this would grant him, what the multiplier over his strength should be. It's way too much speculation to be reliable in a VS scenario.

None of the Djinn 'belong' to the other party members though, they're freely traded and none of them are even canotically bound to a spesific character. And with it being a game mechanic that they're forced to share, while on their own we assume a single Adept can make use of any of them.

And the 72 Djinn probably pale in comparison to the Golden Sun Fragment anyways, it is speculation, which is why we just lowball it and say Isaac is 'stronger', but to an unknown degree.

Since we can't know for sure, it's as simple as that, the fragment and having Djinn makes him stronger than his base, which should be somewhat stronger than the foes he's fought, which are somewhat stronger than Iris, who is at least 1 FOE. Simple scaling chain.

Well, if we take DD Isaac, we know for a fact that he doesn't have all the djinns. Since we see a few of his, and others that are Garets. And since he only uses Venus psynergy it's safe to assume he is mono-elemental. He could keep djinns at home too, maybe even got a few more in 30 years ! After all DD explains that djinns became more common, and that it wasn't rare to see some in psynergy stone mines. It makes sense that Isaac didn't keep all of them, but for a fight it would make sense that he gets all of them for the sake of getting the strongest version of him possible. The real unknown would be how much power 1/4 of a philosophical stone hold. A full one could prevent a Volcano from erupting for several minutes, from the center of it. (the Wise One is powered by an old philosophical stone) And we know that 1 fourth is enough of a difference for the Wise One to completely wipe the floor with Alex who had 3/4 of a newly forged one. So that gap must be pretty massive.

About Iris though, as I explained in the other topic, I don't think the summons we see are the full power of the gods. It's more of an illusion or pocket dimension. Like Sephiroth' Super Nova in FF7 or most of the summons in FF. Otherwise the power scaling makes no sense.

A lot of the original canon Djinn have also left the older generation's party. Their roster is significantly reduced by the time of DD, so this doesn't really prove a lot. Isaac can, and does, make use of the 72 Djinn when he had access to them. And this IS a fight assuming his prime, Isaac's not on any arbitrary restrictions here, by either the game or the VS Match. Isaac can use all the Djinn, so for a match like this he WILL have all the Djinn.

The power of the Golden Sun is kinda unknowable where we are now, so we just assume 'stronger', simple as that. Isaac having a portion of it makes him stronger than before. We don't know to what degree, so we just assume a little stronger.

And even if they're not the full power of the gods, being a 'god' doesn't mean anything. They only display as much power as we see when they choose to act, and the gang surpasses the attacks we get to see. This is being explained as well in the other thread...Please don't continue here while we're trying to explain this all over there too.

Back