• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Kingdom Hearts VS Golden Sun fight we've all been waiting for! Ariel VS Mia

XitSign

He/Him
Because Sora VS Isaac just faded into incon obscurity

So I noticed the Kingdom Hearts Ariel got a profile and I physically NEEDED to do a fight including her. Popped over to one of my favorite verses and found who I think is the most thematically fitting opponent.

Healers, heavy 'Magic User' playstyles, associated with water, extra elemental attacks that clash with what you'd assume their main theme is. It's perfect (Always famous last words when I say that...)

Ariel's AP is higher and she has Abstract Existance, Mia has more abilities, so we'll see if this works out!

---

Ariel VS Mia, Speed Equalized, High 4-C key for Ariel, fight takes place on a patch of beach with deep enough shore for Ariel to maneuver.

Part of Your World: 0

Ply Spam: 2

They're Both Left Out to Dry: 0

Disney Princess Ariel Mermaid 2015
Mia

Sora and Isaac went incon before Sora's attacks literally all became conceptual, Sora would stomp now.

Going with Mia though since she can incsp and Ariel has like absolutely no range, pretty easy win for her.

Central Park does have water...But yeah, I probably should've picked a better location than SBA...

"High 4-C key for Ariel" Gosh darnit Bob, at least read my terrible ideas. I put a lot of work into these pointless matchups.

Gonna count the Mia vote, but also change the location to something that better suits Ariel. Atlantica, the general ocean...Like 5 steps outside of Imil, anything would've been better.

Don't worry, I'm only joking around as well. This is probably one of the least serious fights I've been able to come up with.

Like I said...I just wanted to make use of these new Tier 4 and 3 keys for Ariel of all characters. I wanna do a few others for the others like Stitch and Mufasa, but I haven't picked out who would be good, entertaining matchups for them yet.

RPG Player character, so typical 'It could be anything' cop-out answer.

But since I don't like using that answer, her playstyle and stats are heavily geared towards support/shutdown. She's the character most likely to be using stat changes, healing, shields, status moves, ect. So likely Stat Amplification/Reduction, Forcefields, Sleep Manip, Immobilization, Power Null, Stuns, those types of moves.

I'm making the assumption she's smart enough to not heal as an opening move when it's useless. I know that might be a little presumptuous of me.

If she does goes offensive, her main two elements of attack are Water and Ice manipulation attacks. However elemental attacks don't seem too relevant in Ariel's case, so it doesn't matter if Mia chooses to mix it up or not.

To be entirely honest, not 100% sure.

I'm not sure where we're at with KH's Conceptual Manipulation, and what Ariel herself can affect. The CRT seemed to devolve into people arguing a lot...

However, other than resisting every element under the sun, Mia only has evasive options like teleportation for actually avoiding attacks. Not sure intangibility works here after all.

Well, all what Ariel has to do is land a hit, really, leading into this bordering into a haxstomp.

It that's the level of KH concept manips now...This thread's kinda dead, huh?

Also any of my other ideas for the summons, concept manip resist is hard to come by

Well, my fun's dead

Guess I gotta go back to PAD nonsense, my Kingdom Heart memes lived and died with this thread.

Accuracy for profiles is a lot more immportaint than the matchups.

The matchups are fun, but secondary. Indexing notable verses and characters, what they can do, that stuff always comes first.

I don't mind seeing matchups be loss if it's because profiles are held to a higher quality.

Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be.

Actually clever matchups seem to almost never work out, huh? But I'll keep trying, next time I see a fitting character for one of these two I'll try again...and hopefully not get a stop situation again. Whoops.

I know.

That´s why a lot of matches these days either are rematches or just involve "Random" who would win stuff

Disapointing, considering the name is 'VS Battle Wiki', but the focus should be on the accurate indexing...so I suppose it's just something we gotta live with.

Oh well, maybe we'll get lucky with another burst of clever matchups...or just entertaining random ones. Back to work until then, I suppose.

...Is this stupid idea a thing again? Or are things still changing with KH?

Well, the concept hax has been removed from nearly everyone after some more analysis on the CRT, so this now can go as originally expected.

I just wanted to know for sure, since I'm not keeping up well with the CRT, thank you.

So Ariel no longer can one-shot via haxing, and Abstract Existance isn't combat applicable in her case? Or does being a summon/party member make her special and here it is applicable?

Sorry fo asking again, just checking because the subject of the 'Heart' is a bit complicated, I played only a small amount of the second game, so a lot of the recent revisions have gone over my head.

Well, TBH it´s actually complicated, and I hope you aren´t starting on KHII, the timeline will be a mess to you if you start there.

You´re meant to start with KHI, but oh well, at least you didn´t start with BbS

It SEEMS complicated. Since my favorite verses sometimes go against KH characters (Surprise, surprise, Kingdom Hearts is popular, who would've guessed?) I've been trying to get more aquantied with the verse by following things like the CRTs, but sometimes I can only scratch my head...

KHII was the only one I could get ahold of...and it didn't take long for me to realize that I needed more context if I was going to play the game.

I'm really going to need to pick up the first game sometime, even trying to skim the wikis wasn't helpping a lot with understanding how the verse works totally.

The opening of KHII (Roxas´ flashbacks, to be exact) already spoils you a good chunk of KHI, and even the start of the next game, Chain of Memories.

Also, you normally would play the Final Mix version, so you only getting KHII means that either you are playing a fantranslated version of the japanese one (it didn´t come out outside Japan, excluding the 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIX packs for PS3/PS4) in a PS2 emulator or you are actually playing vanilla KHII

Final Mix is more canon, but oh well, you aren´t missing much, you can also just watch the cutscenes of the games on YouTube, however, note that some relevant stuff doesn´t happen on cutscenes, so if you have the time, a playthought is better for this.

It almost feels like I'm being given homework assignments for playing video games now, lol.

Still, if I'm going to get a good idea of all of this, and hopefully get a good appriciation for the verse, I should probably start from the beginning this time. Just...when I find the free time to pick up copies and sit down with them.

But, for now, I'll take your word and what I can understand from the CRT when it comes to match-ups, thank you for having my back a bit when I'm clueless.

Also, if that´s the case...

This is the order you should play the games to understand the whole thing more easily:

KHI, then Chain of Memories, then 358/2 Days (CoM and 358/2 take place at the same time, the latter takes a whole year in the timeline, unlike CoM only taking about 2 weeks, however), then KHII, then Birth by Sleep (even if it´s clearly about 10 years before KHI in the timeline, if you start here a bunch of nods to KHI and KHII will fly over your head), then Coded (this one is optional, however, just knowning the premise is more than enought), then Dream Drop Distance, then the X series (optional too, just knowning the premise is enought, just like Coded) and finally KHIII

Also, starting with KHII will make you have bad habits on gameplay for the other games, unless you manage to defeat the extra final boss of the post game (not gonna spoil it).

Oh, and in KHII, make sure to level your summons and forms, in late game it´s just harder for most of them, unless you have some supply of Drive Recovery, as those will be drinked fast for this.

...When I said this was like a homework assignment, that was supposed to be a joke. XD

Thank you for the help, honestly, though. KH's is rough to understand for someone on the outside and I feel embarassed that every time something comes up for that I have to ask.

Ariel does have a an AP advantage and range advantage thanks to scaling to Sora (I think, please don't quote me).

But the original argument does seem to hold up for Mia now that Ariel doesn't one-shot.

We're back to counting votes for this...really dumb idea. Yay!

Well, the AP advantage seems to be of about 4 times, which means that Ariel can pretty much take hits easily here, and so she´ll hit Mia hard too, but not actual one shotting.

Mia death haxxes either via Curse or Condemn. Ariel not being able to one shot would be her detriment here, especially since GS characters have up in the thousands of km for range and their Death Manip can kill already dead beings.

From what's been said, Ariel scales to thousands of kms and all of her attacks would have nonexistence erasure which Mia can't withstand. It's not a stomp but Mia would likely win.

Back