• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roronoa Zoro vs Hoaqin! (Hunter vs Slayer)

7-C forms. Speed equalized. Starting distance is twenty meters. They're fighting in an abandoned city. Who wins?

Rorona Zoro: 0

Hoaqin (White): 2 (KinkiestSins, Blanked)

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Can White's soul manipulation actually be used on someone as strong as him?
IMG 0943
"Evidence of it being combat applicable."

IMG 0944
"Their energy, aka their soul is being drained from their body."

IMG 0945aaa
Daniel describing White's ability and thirst for souls.

Yup, that is my evidence. I will Fishman Arc Zoro to be fair.

Zoro Advantages: Better Range Likely Higher AP Precog and Stat Amplification

White Advantages Soul Hax Unpredictable Danmaku Better Experience.

All in all, I will go with White via soul hax. Even if that answer isnt enough, while Zoro might have higher ap and maybe better range, Whites projecticles are far from linear and he is generally unpredictable in combat.

I'm fairly certain his soul manipulation is only in the form of a ritual, and he requires consent to even perform said ritual. That attack was based upon shinoo in the form of lightning. It likely siphoned off their energy upon contact, but I doubt it was their soul (the author tends to make it rather clear when souls are involved). He hasn't been shown to use such on someone who was on par with him, such as Baam. Though there should be no reason for why his lightning shinoo attacks wouldn't affect someone in the same way as it did those D-class regulars.

My vote should still apply. Hoaquin has better range, is generally more unpredictable and also is willing to kill. Zoro doesnt kill anyone minus scrubs, although that could just be PIS. To the soul manipulation point though, it is stated in Tower of God Hoaquin feeds on souls and the author stated with the imges above that he feeds on souls, there is also more evidence he can take souls in battle.

So it is very likely he can steal souls. I requires contact, but he can still do it.

Vote counted. Though we do consider feats over author's word of mouth of this wiki I believe. Either way, your points are more than valid enough for a vote. I'll have to look into his soul manipulation a bit more later on. Thank you.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Can White's soul manipulation actually be used on someone as strong as him?
It's hax and that's all that matters. You don't resist something simply from being stronger.(There was even a thread about it)

I vote for Hoaq through Soul manip if it simply requires contact only.

I never said it wouldn't work since Zoro is stronger ( didn't say this either.) I was questioning if it was able to effect someone of the same level of strength since not as Soul Manipulation works the same.

Let's assume he didn't give you the proof of it being used on someone his level would you say that he in fact can't use it on someone his level simply because he never did?

Cause that's wrong.

@Blanked

I don't think you quite understand the situation. I wasn't debating whether if Zoro could resist it or not ( which he can't.) I was literally asking how his Soup Manipulation works in battles. But Sins already informed me.

Back