• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Well, I think it's time to do a CRT on Rocky: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:KLOL506/Rocky_IV:_Ivan_Drago_Punch

A good chunk of the characters in the verse would scale to this, most noticeably Ivan Drago, but also Rocky Balboa (as of Rocky IV), Viktor Drago, and Adonis Creed (specifically in Creed II where he's at his peak). Now, you may be wondering, would Apollo scale? Well... No... See, if you look here:

Every punch Apollo Creed landed at worst only made Drago flinch. And while Apollo tried to hold on, and even somehow entered Round 2, he was curbstomped from minute one. I'd sooner believe that Apollo Creed scales to a real-life horse than he would to Ivan Drago.

Practically every calc group member who went into the feat seems to have approved of the feat, so I think this should be a valid addition for the verse. Mhmm.

Can't boxers punch with 700+ PSI? This would be like scaling humans to Wall level. Though I may be missing something.
You kinda are missing something. The highest punch force recorded in a study is 5358 newtons (around 1204 lbs of force): https://www.researchgate.net/figure...-Number-of-Hits-by-Boxer-for-Six_tbl2_4744109

At a distance of at most 0.8 meters, that amounts to at most 4286.4 joules. Nowhere near Wall Level.

Main difference here is Drago's punch force was only ever measured in pressure.

You kinda are missing something. The highest punch force recorded in a study is 5358 newtons (around 1204 lbs of force): https://www.researchgate.net/figure...-Number-of-Hits-by-Boxer-for-Six_tbl2_4744109

At a distance of at most 0.8 meters, that amounts to at most 4286.4 joules. Nowhere near Wall Level.

Main difference here is Drago's punch force was only ever measured in pressure.
I'd counter that by presenting multiple sources showing boxers punch with over 700 PSI. What do we generally do about contradictory sources?

Though, even 4286 J seems quite high for a human.

I'll drop this though. There are far to many contradicting sources on the punching force of fighters, so I can't really take my debunks seriously.

Haha, they still get stomped by Punch Out cast

In all seriousness, this looks good to me.

Back