• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rocky and Creed: Small Additions

With Creed 3 coming out, i decided to rewatch all the Rocky and Creed movies, and i think there are some little abilities that Rocky (in particular) and Creed should have on their profile.

Rocky Balboa:

Rage Power
Regeneration
Accelerated Development
Supernatural Willpower
Adonis Creed:

Accelerated Development

With Creed 3 coming out, i decided to rewatch all the Rocky and Creed movies, and i think there are some little abilities that Rocky (in particular) and Creed should have on their profile.

Rocky Balboa:

Rage Power
In the first scan he's properly guarding against them, in the second he's just getting hit in the head, I don't think that's inherently his stats going up, more him defending against them better.
Regeneration
They did completely forget about that plot point huh. I guess it's fine.
Accelerated Development
Yeah that's reasonable.
Sure. You could maybe also list this under regen.
Makes sense.

In the first scan he's properly guarding against them, in the second he's just getting hit in the head, I don't think that's inherently his stats going up, more him defending against them better.
Yeah the video that i put is not that clear, but in the fight you can see that he begins to take hits much better when he starts to get angry.
They did completely forget about that plot point huh. I guess it's fine.
Yeah they did lol.
Sure. You could maybe also list this under regen.
Alright.

That's the brain damage beginning to set in

I feel like that could be explained as Lang getting tired or something, or just adrenaline kicking in, I dunno if I'd give the ability personally since he's not shrugging them off or anything
Alright so with the exception of Rage Power every other thing can be added right?

Also does Rocky and Adonis training and getting stronger to fight their opponents count as Preparation?

Alright so with the exception of Rage Power every other thing can be added right?
yeah sure
Also does Rocky and Adonis training and getting stronger to fight their opponents count as Preparation?
It's been a bit since I watched any Rocky movie so you'll need to remind me, do they specifically train to counter their opponents' techniques and strengths? I think Rocky does that at least but I'm not sure.

It's been a bit since I watched any Rocky movie so you'll need to remind me, do they specifically train to counter their opponents' techniques and strengths? I think Rocky does that at least but I'm not sure.
Well kinda.

In the first Rocky movie, Rocky trains his balance and stamina to keep up with Apollo. in Rocky 2, the focus of Rocky's training is getting faster, to be able hit Apollo more easily, Rocky also begins to train as a right-handed fighter to confuse Apollo and prevent him from punishing the right side of his face like he did in their last match. In Rocky 3, Rocky's training goal is to hone his reflexes and footwork by a significant amount, and learn how to fight like an outboxer to negate Clubber Slugger fighting style, which he successfully does. In Rocky 4, Rocky trains his strength and edurance to fight toe to toe against Ivan Drago, Rocky also trains to ignore pain. in Rocky Balboa, Rocky trains only to build power, since at that age and with arthritis, calcium deposits on most of his joints, and bad knees he can't compete against Dixon in speed, however every punch that he lands on Dixon would be so powerful "they'll rattle his ancestors". which is a great strategy against Dixon who's never had to endure much punishiment in his career

As for Adonis Creed he did trained to increase his durability to fight Viktor Drago, and the training paid well.

I agree with all of these except maybe Supernatural Willpower because Rocky was given a clean bill of health in Balboa, which makes me think he was misdiagnosed.
I understand your point but the movie never explicitly tell us that he was misdiagnosed. In fact in Rocky V we literally see him overcome the effects of his condition mid fight. So i think Supernatural Willpower is a more valid interpretation given what we have. Rocky was given a clean bill of health in Rocky Balboa because he overcame his brain condition in V.

I understand your point but the movie never explicitly tell us that he was misdiagnosed. In fact in Rocky V we literally see him overcome the effects of his condition mid fight. So i think Supernatural Willpower is a more valid interpretation given what we have. Rocky was given a clean bill of health in Rocky Balboa because he overcame his brain condition in V.
Should probably also grant him at least Low Regeneration then as well

I've been thinking, should Adonis get some amount of resistance to Pressure Points for his extraordinary ability to bounce back from knockouts and other concussions?
Also, once Dame gets a profile, he should probably be attributed Pressure Points for specifically targeting parts of his opponents' bodies (such as deliberately hammering away at Felix Chavez's shoulder) to severely weaken them beyond what more generalized strikes would achieve.
Plus, much of the series main cast should get Preparation on their profile, since they're shown training specifically to strengthen their best attributes, compensate for their weaknesses, completely rearrange their fighting style, and are even seen at times studying their opponents' previous fights to get the best feel for their style, their strengths and their weaknesses. In short, it's specialized training to the point that it transcends basic skill and stat-boosting training, and gets into minutae to the point that it's specifically designed to counter their opponents, which afaik counts as Prep

I've been thinking, should Adonis get some amount of resistance to Pressure Points for his extraordinary ability to bounce back from knockouts and other concussions?
Isn't that just stamina?

Also, once Dame gets a profile, he should probably be attributed Pressure Points for specifically targeting parts of his opponents' bodies (such as deliberately hammering away at Felix Chavez's shoulder) to severely weaken them beyond what more generalized strikes would achieve.
I thought Pressure Points was a bit more complex than just attacking a specific part of the opponents' bodies in a fight.

Isn't that just stamina?

I thought Pressure Points was a bit more complex than just attacking a specific part of the opponents' bodies in a fight.
Springing back to lucidity from severe concussion and unconsciousness resulting from punches that could ragdoll him and cause him to flop to the canvas a few feet away? Hell no. Simple stamina isn't gonna have someone springing back from a severe knockout that should've put him in the ER, and then have him power through the rest of the fight almost like it didn't happen and only just barely fail to TKO his opponent at the end of the 12th round. Plus, it's been brought up at least once that he's been handed several severe concussions, yet it hardly affects him in Creed III, where he's been retired for half a decade. Hell, during his training montage in said movie, he gets knocked on his butt by a headshot from Drago, only to get right back up, take his headgear off, and dominate the rest of the spar. His resistance to brain trauma is insane.

The concept of pressure points literally comes from the irl practice of targeting specific points on one's body in both combative and therapeutic contexts. Even the more dramatic usages such as paralysis, severe organ damage, and instant death can be achieved irl, just not to as overpowered an extent as in something like Baki or Hokuto no Ken

Last edited:
Springing back to lucidity from severe concussion and unconsciousness resulting from punches that could ragdoll him and cause him to flop to the canvas a few feet away? Hell no. Simple stamina isn't gonna have someone springing back from a severe knockout that should've put him in the ER, and then have him power through the rest of the fight almost like it didn't happen and only just barely fail to TKO his opponent at the end of the 12th round. Plus, it's been brought up at least once that he's been handed several severe concussions, yet it hardly affects him in Creed III, where he's been retired for half a decade. Hell, during his training montage in said movie, he gets knocked on his butt by Drago, only to get right back up, take his headgear off, and dominate the rest of the spar. His resistance to brain trauma is insane.
Supernatural Willpower could work.

The concept of pressure points literally comes from the irl practice of targeting specific points on one's body in both combative and therapeutic contexts. Even the more dramatic usages such as paralysis, severe organ damage, and instant death can be achieved irl, just not to as overpowered an extent as in something like Baki or Hokuto no Ken
I'll remain neutral on the Pressure Points stuff for now, but if this is true, then I already know a few characters who should be given PP via them always attacking a specific body part in a match.

I think that's just stamina, we have people getting up from things that should kill them pretty often here. I gave a character of mine Superhuman cause he survived as a chopped off head for a minute, we're not going too hard on the realism.

I think that's just stamina, we have people getting up from things that should kill them pretty often here. I gave a character of mine Superhuman cause he survived as a chopped off head for a minute, we're not going too hard on the realism.
I think you can argue Supernatural Willpower in this case as well.

Back