• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rocky and Creed: Small Additions

He was just taking advantage of Chavez's already injuried shoulder from their sparring iirc (Similar to what Johnny did to Daniel's leg in the 1st Karate Kid movie.) or He just kept pummeling Chavez's shoulder to increase damage and pain (Like some MMA fighter that keeps leg kicking his opponent until he can't take it no more.) i don't think it's necessarily Pressure Points.
It was even mentioned later in the movie that Dame memorized Donnie’s past injuries in preparation for their fight. Preparation feat, right?

I love how this turned into a conversation on Supernatural Willpower‘s much needed update but it won’t get anywhere unless y’all make a CRT for that specifically.
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

pro·cras·ti·na·tion
https://www.google.com/search?safe=...2ahUKEwjQn-3ZzaL-AhVMF1kFHWt9B58Q3eEDegQIJRAI
noun
noun: procrastination; plural noun: procrastinations
  1. the action of delaying or postponing something.
    "your first tip is to avoid procrastination"

Tbh the ability page really needs examples of varying degrees of Supernatural Willpower, and honestly having a "Peak Human Willpower" counterpart to it like how Superhuman Physical Characteristics has a Peak Human Characteristics counterpart probably wouldn't hurt, either
Nah but fr, I'm with Sheev here.

Supernatural Willpower as an ability needs to be fixed, and this is my preferred suggestion.

Get to work, Sheev!

Tbh the ability page really needs examples of varying degrees of Supernatural Willpower, and honestly having a "Peak Human Willpower" counterpart to it like how Superhuman Physical Characteristics has a Peak Human Characteristics counterpart probably wouldn't hurt, either
Well we need to gather multiple varying degrees of Supernatural Willpower if we want to make any progress.

I don't have a stake in the subject and this has distanced itself from the original topic a lot but I would disagree simply because willpower is a pretty difficult thing to define (that is one of the reasons it took a while for it to even be a power) even when it's superhuman, and determining when exactly it's "peak human" rather than just mildly impressive or superhuman is pretty arbitrary

I don't have a stake in the subject and this has distanced itself from the original topic a lot but I would disagree simply because willpower is a pretty difficult thing to define (that is one of the reasons it took a while for it to even be a power) even when it's superhuman, and determining when exactly it's "peak human" rather than just mildly impressive or superhuman is pretty arbitrary
Aron Ralston cutting off part of his own arm to escape his canyoneering accident comes to mind as a showing of extreme willpower. There's also people lifting up portions of vehicles to save their loved ones, samurai being capable of committing seppuku despite most of them probably not suffering from extreme levels of depression or similarly self-destructive mental disorder, berserker vikings being able to keep fighting after severe injury, etc.

Cool, are those peak human or just very impressive? And how much further than them do you need to go to be superhuman? Those aren't question with an objective answer

Cool, are those peak human or just very impressive? And how much further than them do you need to go to be superhuman? Those aren't question with an objective answer
Very impressive means outright that they're far above average demonstrations of willpower and would be approaching or at the limit of what human willpower can achieve in a given situation, so yeah considering those displays to be within the bounds of peak human willpower would be accurate. And Supernatural Willpower can pretty basically be defined as having the ability to persevere with sheer will through things that would be physiologically and/or neurologically impossible for an irl human, hence why it's considered supernatural.

I'm not up to date with the disscusion anymore but i think people were disscussing if Adonis should have supernatural willpower, and about updating the supernatural willpower page. But i would also like to mention Sly once did a in depth fight analysis between Rambo and Rocky and on his view they both were pretty much comparable. Is this useable to upgrade Rocky? Rambo is currently Wall Level+ here and have subsonic speed. Rocky being comparable to him would also make him this strong, but i don't know if this is useable since these 2 never fought canonicly. Still Stallone words hold alot of weight since he directed and wrote most of the films of these 2 franchises, but what do you think of this?

Last edited:
I'm not up to date with the disscusion anymore but i think people were disscussing if Adonis should have supernatural willpower, and about updating the supernatural willpower page. But i would also like to mention Sly once did a in depth fight analysis between the Rambo and Rocky and on his view they both were pretty much comparable. Is this useable to upgrade Rocky? Rambo is currently Wall Level+ here and have subsonic speed. Rocky being comparable to him would also make him this strong, but i don't know if this is useable since these 2 never fought canonicly. Still Stallone words hold alot of weight since he directed and wrote most of the films of these 2 franchises, but what do you think of this?
I can’t believe I’m saying this but that does indeed seem to work with the crossover scaling rules. So, um, yeah. Maybe make a new thread for that specifically to get attention to it?

Back