• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Robocop downgrade thread

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
The profile

The major issue with the profile
Now if you read the profile and watched the movies, you'll notice some oddities such as
  • lifted a 10 ton armored door
  • Tanked an explosion powerful enough to destroy a large warehouse
Now confused about these, I searched around for these feats. Eventually I found out we're they're from, the 1994 RoboCop TV series. Now that isn't to bad, however, the TV series comes with this major issue: it completely ignores RoboCop 2 and RoboCop 3 and treats them as non-canon. Now this isn't bad in of itself, but when you look at the profile's reasoning for the 8-C rating?
  • Intercepted a blow from RoboCain, who is strong enough to knock away and damage RoboCop himself with physical blows. This indicates that RoboCop himself is not too far off in strength.
  • Can also damage the Otomo, which were specifically designed to destroy him and have durability at least comparable to his own)
  • Intercepted a blow from RoboCain, who is strong enough to knock away and damage RoboCop himself with physical blows. This indicates that RoboCop himself is not too far off in strength. Also ripped apart some of the armor plates of RoboCain, who has durability comparable to his own, with his bare hands
In other words his AP rating is based on a composite scaling. It treats the feats in the show as canon with all three movies then uses the movies to scale RoboCop to 8-C. Basically we do one of two things
  • Separate the original RoboCop into three keys. One for the movie, one for the show, and one for Prime Directives (like the 1994 series it considers the first movie canon but not the rest)
  • Make the 1994 show its own profile
Right now though the tier does not since its a cross-canon composite of RoboCop.

There seems to be quite a few issues with the rating just by itself, but that fact that it's all composited together is pretty damning enough as it is, 100% agree this needs to be sorted asap

Also, I think it would be preferable to make different profiles for alternate canons.

So with the downgrades in mind, how does this look

This makes sense to me.

Also, now Robocop and the T-800 are on the same tier which is kinda cool

also, one of the pics in Prime Directives is broken it seems

You've already applied it but if it helps I agree completely.

Yeah you're right. I'll try and get a new one when I get the chance.

Okay I have watched both of the spin off TV shows and came to this
  • There's basically two universes. The movies and the TV series. The movies are RoboCop 1-3 and the TV series is RoboCop 1, the 1994 TV show, and then Prime Directives
  • Prime Directives is a sequel to the 1994 series, since it is shown that the series happened in-universe. Both shows also reference and show RoboCop 1 constantly, but never mention RoboCop 2 and the plots completely contradict RoboCop 3
  • The bullet feat mentioned in the Prime Page is not a speed feat exactly, but an advanced prediction feat
After watching 12~ episodes of RoboCop spin offs I have come to this final conclusion: RoboCop totally has feats in the 9-A to 8-C range in the show, however, he has a massive swath of anti-feats such as
  • 1994: The Cobra Assault Cannon one shots RoboCop, a grenade has completely destroy his arm before, a truck hitting him at moderate speeds has crippled him for a episode and destroyed an arm, the concussive wave of a small grenade launcher damaged his inner gyros, a grenade launcher and a collapsing ceiling disabled his internal movement mechanisms
  • PD: A bomb vest KO's RoboCop and men with sledge hammers damage RoboCable
So while the face tanked building destroying bomb thing is legitimate, its also a complete outlier and RoboCop has been but down by significantly less. Also we should just fuse PD into the main RoboCop page and just make a key just for the TV show.

How many 9-A to 8-C feats does he have in the TV series? I'd like to know how many and the context behind them before I pass them as outliers as opposed to scrapping a lot of anti-feats as PIS. But I agree at least 90% of the time; all military weapons should be judged from their own feats/calcs/scientific properties first and foremost to avoid creating loopholes.

But aside from all that, so far so good.

I'll go through them again in a bit and list the notable feats and anti-feats.

Also a note it'll just be for Durability. RoboCop in the 1994 series never fight anything that actually challenges him in physical strength and in PD where he fights RoboCable they are basically incapable of damaging the other in any capacity without armor piercing weapons or energy attacks. Lifting strength is also super consist in Class 10 and maybe Class 25.

Yeah, if it's a two way thing; either Robocop is a stonewall, or his occasional durability feats are outliers; I'd go with the latter.

This is what I currently got on hand
Feats - Higher end 9-B to 8-C
Anti-Feats for a 9-A to 8-C rating

Last edited:
Well, that's only one building level feat combined with multiple 9-B stuff; rocket launcher and grenade are high up into 9-B, but still 9-B. 9-A Rocket Launchers fired by RPG-7 are meant to be used on Bunkers.

So I guess 9-B looks consistent.

So should we just merge the profile or update the PD one with showings from the 1994 series?

If the first one is canon to both timelines; we might as well merge them and make them separate keys.

When I finish the 1994 series I'll probably merge the pages, since RoboCop gets a lot of extra stuff in that series.

Also should we just get rid of the Alex Murphy key? Like he's not really in that incarnation for that long anyways.

Yeah I never really understood the point of it- it'd be like giving Peter Parker a key from before he got bit by the spider. His car counting for AP is odd too.

I also agree with these (already applied) changes.

What else is left to do here?

Okay so here are my proposed changes
  • Remove the Alex key. He does nothing in it besides spin a gun around
  • Combine both pages with a note
  • Here's my current WIP thing
Powers & Abilites: Marksmanship, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Cyborgization, Immortality (Type 2), Enhanced Senses, Information Analysis, Hacking, Master Marksman, Limited Invulnerability, Fire and Explosives, Flight (with Flightpack), high Resistance to Heat, Fire Manipulation (With weapon arm), Explosions, and Electricity, Vehicular Mastery | arksmanship, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Cyborgization, Immortality (Type 2), Enhanced Senses, Information Analysis, Hacking, Master Marksman, Limited Invulnerability, Fire and Explosives, Flight (with Flightpack), high Resistance to Heat, Fire Manipulation (With weapon arm), Explosions, and Electricity, Vehicular Mastery

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Damaged RoboCain who previously withstood a large fall and has punched through a steel door). Small Building level with Cobra Assault Cannon (Most powerful rounds can destroy a large room or small building) and with Weapon Arm (Can destroy a tank) | At least Wall level (Shook a building with a stomp, can punched through concrete, punched through brick, and can throw objects with enough force to send people flying backwards)

Speed: Average Human movement speed with Supersonic attack speed and reactions (Has caught bullets in mid flight with his fingers). Subsonic travel/flight speed with vehicles and Flightpack | Average Human movement speed with Supersonic attack speed and reactions (Dodged a rocket after it fired. Can calculate the trajectory of two bullets to richoete them with a single bullet after they have fired)

Lifting Strength: Class 10 (Matched RoboCain who flipped an APC, which weighs 7.37 tons) | At least Class 10 (Easily overpowered and lifted a ten ton blast door. Can easily lift, push and flip cars. Overpowered a 3000 PSI car crusher). Class 25 with the ramset (Overpowered and pulled a boat back into a dock)

Striking Strength: At least Wall Class (Intercepted a blow from RoboCain, who is strong enough to knock away and damage RoboCop himself with physical blows. This indicates that RoboCop himself is not too far off in strength. Also ripped apart some of the armor plates of RoboCain, who has durability comparable to his own, with his bare hands) | At least Wall Class

Durability:
At least Wall level (Withstood two indirect rocket hits without notable damage, survives a large gas explosion, being punched through thick concrete. Is mostly impervious to conventional small arms fire.) | At least Wall level (A direct rocket hit does no damage, a car going full speed shatters upon hitting him, withstands a skyscrapers' electric supply being pumped through him, a direct grenade launcher barely damages him, and survives a wrecking ball landing on top of him)

Key: Movies | TV Series

Notes:
This feat from the TV series has been disregarded from the profile due to being a large outlier. While RoboCop has withstood large explosions before, none of them have been on that level and more importantly they have all notably damaged him in some way. With the previously mentioned feat RoboCop was not damaged in any capacity.

Last edited:
You're not linking to anything in "this feat" and the "outlier" link seems to be nothing, rest seems good

Back