• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox verses - To nuke, or not to nuke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with this all the verses have lore at least with piggy and other games, while roblox itself is has no lore or anything although it has some with events i disagree with roblox verses being removed.

Reposting what I said

Cause there are Roblox Games having their own lore like are we gonna ignore the fact that Arcane Adventures has its own lore and own characters and just because its Roblox does not mean its should be deleted, for example, lets say that Nintendo made a game and the game was straight up copied from a Roblox Game, who is the ripoff now? Nintendo cause they copied the game from a Roblox creator

While you can argue games like Paper Robloxia, Survive the Killer and Kill Pennywise obby are fanmade ripoffs, that still just not jusifty the fact that there are games on Roblox that has original lore and original characters for example, Arcane Adventures

You have to look to deep lore on Roblox

As a boomer from Roblox, I can find example of games that should be on VSBW with own lore and own characters, and just because its Roblox does not mean anything because if its a game that has its own lore and characters, why should it be nuked? Because you don't like Roblox or just don't know anything about Roblox?

Roblox is not a mod it's a gaming platform with over 150 million downloads you could say roblox is like minecraft but the players make the story and it's bold to say that it's just "modded minecraft".

Based Roblox debater here, going to give my five cents on this whole thing.

ROBLOX is its own development platform like Unity or RPG Maker, but all of these platforms can harbor fangames/games with practically no lore whatsoever. Gotta thank you for making the thread though.

* Black Magic: Literally has its own lore (wiki edition if you're interested). I'd say the verse page/profiles should get nuked since their stats rely on outdated calcs. Similarly, scaling is off since it follows fighting game logic with the lore in question (Berserker literally has a shard of Aominoa's soul in its EnmaU, should be VASTLY stronger than the other characters). Otherwise, the verse , once it gets fixed up, is fine for the site.

* Super Nostalgia Zone: It's literally an emulator for the old Roblox. Could nuke it since it's pretty much Roblox inside of Roblox. Doesn't follow any lore.

"But we don't allow modded minecraft" In what way are these like modded minecraft? Modded Minecraft/Terraria literally relies on the base game for ratings. GMod could be discussed, but Sandbox isn't allowed since it's a lore less testing ground. We could argue RPG maker profiles getting nuked since they're literally game creation platforms. Same logic applies (Game mod(?), relies on X to be made).

Calamity, I believe, had plans to become its own lore setting at some point following DM Dokuro not being able to monetize his tracks iirc. If that becomes the case then Calamity would be able to get its own profiles. Similarly would apply in the case of if the Aether mod for Minecraft became its own setting rather than something that extends the lore of the base game (by making specific in-verse interactions to it and the like).

Still. There's addons, creations, and mods for games that entirely follow their own story/canon and are essentially completely separate from the rest of the game. These are not allowed despite this.

Still. There's addons, creations, and mods for games that entirely follow their own story/canon and are essentially completely separate from the rest of the game. These are not allowed despite this.
Boi...........Games are created using Roblox Studio sort of like Scribblenauts Studio Editor

I'm not saying it's a mod. I'm saying the creations on Roblox barely differ contextually to the likes of Mods from Minecraft, Gmod and more. Both can follow their own story, and both can have some hidden lore behind the scenes. Yet mods for Gmod, and Minecraft are not allowed. Why should Roblox be?

And I don't recall the Scribblenauts Studio Editor? Are you referring to the object editor in which you create your own objects, because a hero created from this in let's say Scribblenauts Unmasked would not be allowed to get a profile.

I'm saying the creations on Roblox barely differ contextually to the likes of Mods from Minecraft, Gmod and more. Both can follow their own story, and both can have some hidden lore behind the scenes. Yet mods for Gmod, and Minecraft are not allowed. Why should Roblox be?
For Roblox it's games, for G-Mod and Minecraft it's mods
And I don't recall the Scribblenauts Studio Editor? Are you referring to the object editor in which you create your own objects, because a hero created from this in let's say Scribblenauts Unmasked would not be allowed to get a profile.
I think that was a bad example

That could be discussed with the staff. The Gmod player in sandbox isn't allowed. The "roblox verse" (before VSBW considered the games individual canons due to their nature was literally the same thing as Gmod sandbox but wayyy messier since there is no interconnecting lore. We could discuss the possibility of Gmod gamemodes if they have a valid setting and whatnot.

ZanyBrainy said it best, and they do actually seem to have a point here.

Here’s a compromise: We evaluate each individual roblox verse to see if it’s acceptable for the site. If it isn’t, it gets nuked. If it is, we can keep it. Does this sound good to everyone?
I could help with that too. Sniff out loreless stuff like this.
I'm not saying it's a mod. I'm saying the creations on Roblox barely differ contextually to the likes of Mods from Minecraft, Gmod and more. Both can follow their own story, and both can have some hidden lore behind the scenes. Yet mods for Gmod, and Minecraft are not allowed. Why should Roblox be?

Barring the GMod stuff we could discuss later: Scribblenaut's Object Editor is vastly different from something like ROBLOX studio. One's a character's abilities and another is just for creating games.

@Icantthinkof1goodname The relationship between Roblox and Roblox games is exactly the same as that with Gmod/Minecraft and their mods tho. Roblox/Gmod/Minecraft are the base that the other stuff is built on, no Roblox game is official to the original editor, exactly how no Gmod map is official to Gmod, and the same applies to Minecraft.

@Zainy I know Gmod Sandbox isn't allowed, i'm sorta the guy who's responsible for that actually ending up a rule with a Gmod player profile I created, I show up about 10 comments later in that thread. Gmod also has no interconnecting lore in Sandbox. But there have been Gmod maps that have connected with others in the past.

@Icantthinkof1goodname The relationship between Roblox and Roblox games is exactly the same as that with Gmod/Minecraft and their mods tho. Roblox/Gmod/Minecraft are the base that the other stuff is built on, no Roblox game is official to the original editor, exactly how no Gmod map is official to Gmod, and the same applies to Minecraft.

@Zainy I know Gmod Sandbox isn't allowed, i'm sorta the guy who's responsible for that actually ending up a rule with a Gmod player profile I created, I show up about 10 comments later in that thread. Gmod also has no interconnecting lore in Sandbox. But there have been Gmod maps that have connected with others in the past.
Might've worded it wrong. Yeah, Gmod has no lore in the context of sandbox. The gamemodes/servers people can set up are able to have their own individual settings and tell a story through a medium one way or another. ROBLOX games and Gmod servers can have their own settings, simply put. One is more notable than the other, but both can communicate a story.

GMod-related shtick could be its own thread at some point, yeah.

I might make it a thread in the future then. For now I guess I'm fine with the compromise Axxtentacle brought up then.

Roblox/Gmod/Minecraft are the base that the other stuff is built on, no Roblox game is official to the original editor, exactly how no Gmod map is official to Gmod, and the same applies to Minecraft.
There are games made by Roblox themselves and games that have been in official events (Piggy counts as an event game for example as it appeared in two events that are still going on I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back