• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Continued from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1299791

All gods can turn into light, Athena Parthenos, which is powered by a fraction of the real Athena's power, fires ultraviolet beams and both Apollo and Artemis are noted to use "Arrows of Light" and, well, control light itself. The other Gods are all comparable.

Artemis at least MFTL with her changing a star's luminosity, with the effect taking place moments after she does it.

tl;dr: Gods upgraded to Lightspeed, possibly MFTL attack speed.

I would proposed to limit this to the Reality Manipulation of Deitys - ergo their Constelation Creation and Time-Space Trickery.

But considering the Athena Parthenos is only using a fraction of Athena's power, shouldn't they be FTL?

If it is true it would be lightspeed, but then comes the question is it just an outlier statement?

Considering that it is mentioned at least 5 times in the Series, I do not believe that. Zeus is mentioned to turn into Showers of Light, many Gods are said to appear in Light, Apollo mentions that turning into light is a "simple pleasure" of gods. Artemis is mentioned to shoot Arrows of Moonlight and so is Apollo. Nevermind both her and Apollo being able to control light. Considering that Gods can catch each other, wind spirits can catch Gods that try to enter Olympus in the Last Olympian and Other Deitys can actually fight Artemis and Apollom, this speed would make only sense.

In the end, I believe it to be far to often mentioned, both by gods themselves and noticed by various Demigods to be an outlier.

All of these are attack-speed instances. Not combat speed.

There's an instance of them reacting to light, but that'd be a Relativistic feat.

>Also, the Artemis scene contains plenty of WIS, such as MFTL+ light.

>WIS

NANI?

In the end, SoL or at least relativistic combat speed would very much be required for Wind Spirits to catch Gods who try to invade Olympus, since they can all into light. And Relativistic Combat Speed would also be required for ANY god to fight Apollo and Artemis.

The Artemis "MFTL Light" Feat should be discussed in a whole another thread that I will soon make, concerning the Reality Manipulation that Riordan throws around since Magnus Chase. While this is propably a try to retcon his WIS, it is now still displayed as a constant since them.

The Artemis scene is pure WIS. The stars give off real light, so no reality warping took place on that scene.

I mean more her Changing a Stars Luminosity than the FTL light. But in the end, this thread concerns the speed of gods, not said Artemis Feat. It is already agreed, I believe, to leave "MFTL Attackspeed" out.

Kepekley23 said:
The Artemis scene is pure WIS. The stars give off real light, so no reality warping took place on that scene.
Reality warping has nothing to really do with the fact that the stars give off real life post Artemis' influence.

I was talking about the fact it seemed like he was using reality warping to justify the MFTL light.

All the Gods should still get FTL attack speed, the Athena Parthenos fire ultraviolet beams that are 1.1c, and it's only powered by a fraction of Athena's power. About combat speed and reactions I agree with Relativistic.

However, the lightspeed beam is from the Athena Parthenos statue, which is only powered by a fraction of Athena's power. Would the real Athena be FTL?

Ok.

So Massively Hypersonic+ movement speed (via Hermes's shoes calc), Relativistic combat speed and reactions and Lightspeed attack speed.

Now however, we reach a new problem. What do we rate Protegonoi and the Big Three? They should be superior to that speed, but there are no feats for that, merely that they are far superior.

Should their Movementspeed not also be Relativistic/SoL considering that they turn into light and seem to travel with it?

I believe, yes. Only thing to discuss now would be the Movementspeed. Since they can turn into light and seem to be implied to travel by it, does this affect their speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back