• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rin Tohsaka VS Shirou Emiya

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
It's about time best girlsecond got a matchup. And who better than good ol' Emiya-kun.

Shirou Emiya: 2

Rin Tohsaka: 1

• UBW Shirou VS Base Ri
  • Fight happens in the Emiya Residence
  • Rin gets 1 hour of prep (so she can gather up them gems), while Shirou gets 2 cuz he'll need it
Fight to the death. Morals off. TRACE ON!

5s

Second best girl? Mate, she barely qualifies as fourth.

Probably Rin though, she looks like she can tank all but the strongest of his attacks with a protection spell, and she is better trained and has more mana (I think?) than him.

Can't Shirou like break Noble Phantasms and shoot it at Rin via swordspam? I'm unsure of this atm because prep.

Caster best girl though.

Gemmysaur said:
Caster best girl though.
You know it *shoots a thumbs up*

As for spamming noble phantasms... maybe? I doubt he can hurt her with his normal blade spam when she has protection spells up, but he can with the other noble phantasms and he could spam those in his fight with Gil I think. The thing is his durability is only city level with Rho Ais, and Rho Ais actually hurts him when its petals break whereas Rin's city level with protection spells...

Actually yeah, shirou probably wins this

ScarletFirefly said:
his reality marble is basicly the same as archer shiro in UBW meening he can make all sorts of wepaons since its only limited to weapons he has seen then he might beable to pull out some noble phantasm class weapons and since rin can't use her jeweled sword she out matched in that regard

Would she attack before he finishes his mantra though? You know the whole "talking is a free action" thing in anime, and I don't know if that counts as "in character"

Plus with prep time he could start the mantra in the minute before the battle starts, then finish it as the battle begins

Rin, Shirou on his own is unable to handle his tracing properly and effectivly and UBW is way beyond him and he has very low mana capacity while Rin has mana to spare and a far magician. He'd only have one heavy power shot againts Rin before he empty and I'm sure Rin can survive it.

thats only because he has a contract with Rin during the end of the route even with the contract its still not enough to completly support him because of his taxing tracing spells even UBW would only last for a short while before he empties out.

He lasted long enough to fight Gilgamesh, creating hundreds of swords while he was at it. I really don't think mana is a problem here.

once again, becuase he hade a contract with Rin which helped supplied Prana for his spells. and since he's fighting againts Rin its unlikely he's beign supplied by Rin unless its specifically stated in the OP that he has he is supplied.

I'd think he would be, seeing as that's kinda his default state in this key. Without it he's barely past a normal human. The standard battle assumptions even say that conditions can be set that don't make sense in order to make the battle fair, so he can have 'another' rin supplying his magic while he fights this rin.

alright I didn't know he was still supported hense my answer, although I would still say that Rin would win since they both have prep time and they both know the other's magecraft, I think Rin would be able to prep enough to survive againts Shriou.

The most difficult part for Rin would be if Shirou is able to bring out UBW, which would be difficult for him seeing that Rin would know about it and the time it takes to activate it she would easily be able to interupt him but even if he is able to Rin could still win since all she has to do is kill him or at least fataly wound him.

Back