• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
So the better translations have come out and with that some changes need to be made. This is basically the same as what i attempted before here. Lets go over some stuff again.

Veldanava and the System
Veldanava who was God, created several parallel words and the system which governs the souls of all dimensions.

"The world was cruel, but it granted you everything.
That was the world that Veldanava had created.
He, who was alone in the empty space, couldn't bear the solitude.
That was the reason why he created the world: in order to distract himself from the boredom.
Then, just as Veldanava wished for, life was born in this world, and beings began to act freely and asserted their Wills.
Finally, after a long time, humankind was born as a vessel for the soul with free will and high intellect.
Veldanava was thrilled.
For Veldanava, who had been bored with the world of emptiness, even just observing the activities of life was fun, but the activities of the creatures called human beings were even more stirring for him.
However, there was also a problem.
Humans who acquired intellect stimulated each other and took unpredictable actions.
If he left them unattended, they would immediately begin to fight against each other and would walk on the path of self-destruction.
Several other worlds were born, but he could see that all of them had similar tendencies.
Emotions were always the cause.
Emotions were something that had been given to them and was necessary to give people the stimulus to develop even further, but emotions that had grown unchecked tended to reject the opinions of others.
Different Ideas gave rise to various justices, Veldanava pondered.
He decided to accept such phenomena were some necessary evils and the way of the world as a training ground for the soul.
If humans were to be controlled completely, conflicts would disappear.
However, they would lose the stimulus from emotions and the world would end up as a Dystopia, where people were all equal but without free will.
Such a world was not what Veldanava desired.
After that, he experimented many times and tried to develop humans into the direction that he hoped for.
The conditions in many of the Parallel Worlds minutely deviated from one another, which led them to achieve different evolutions.
Meanwhile, he carefully chose humans with matured souls and created Angels and Demons as the manager of the souls without a lifespan.
He constructed a system so that the souls circulated to all dimensions.
He restricted the managers so they wouldn't cause excessive interference and appointed the role of the Observer so that the foundation of the world wouldn't be destroyed.
Those he appointed to be Observers were Guy, Ramiris, and Dino.
I didn't seem to be able to see anything spiritual because the little amount of magic essence in my former world, but perhaps that world might have an Observer, too.
Oh well, not like that thing mattered to me now though.
Anyway, the construction of the system was completed.
The subjugation of the Giants and the likes that appeared irregularly was finished and the world had stabilized."
~ Chapter 248​
After Veldanava feel in love, it caused an error in the system thus the system killed Veldanava:

"When all things began working smoothly, the Wheel of Fortune spun greatly.
By meeting Lucia, Veldanava learned what love was.
Then, they proved their love, and Lucia ended up pregnant with Milim.
At that time, Veldanava lost all of his powers, but I could deduce that was probably due to the compelling force of the world.
The reaction called Enforceability―― the constructed system had declared Lucia's existence as harmful.
From the system's standpoint, God's love must be poured out to everyone equally.
However, Veldanava's action of loving a specific individual seemed to have caused errors in the system.
As a result, the price paid in order to repair the system failure was Veldanava and Lucia's life."
~ Chapter 248​
Turn Null
Turn Null is energy that can create and destroy the world, Veldanava lost his Turn Null after creating the world:

"The Ultimate and Supreme Ability――called『Turn Null』which produced the primordial energy needed to create a world. But in the end, it was impossible for him to recreate it.
Even if he could recreate that ability, he would only cause the energy to go amok and disappear if he didn't create a world like Veldanava did.
After all, 『Turn Null』, as indicated by its name, was pure and super dense energy that destroyed everything. A super-tier level ability that allowed the destruction of the existing world and even the creation of a new world.
It was said that Veldanava lost『Turn Null』after he created this world, and he was left with『Magic Essence Breeder Reactor』
~ Chapter 247​
Rimuru's Ap
So how does this relate to Rimuru? Rimuru also has Turn Null and with it can recreate the world tens of thousands of times:

"《Because a long time has passed,『Turn Null』has accumulated an enormous amount of energy. Although Veldanava is said to have lost『Turn Null』by creating the world, there's no problem since Rimuru-sama has『Imaginary Space』. Because『Imaginary Space』has an infinite capacity, it can't be filled up. However, it has already been filled with enough energy that even recreating the world tens of thousands of times is possible. Additionally, it's possible to reproduce the memories of those connected to Rimuru-sama and intentionally create a world that's nearly identical from before. What will you do?》"
~ Chapter 248​
I don't think this makes Rimuru 2-B, Veldanava created many parallel worlds and lost his ability to continue doing so after only doing it once, Rimuru doesn't have this issue cause he can store his Turn Null in an infinite space, within which over time Turn Null builds up. By the time he woke up, Turn Null had built up to the point that he could recreate the world as in the many parallel worlds, tens of thousands of times.

The previous translation which was less accurate said he could rebuild worlds tens of thousands of times over, that made it seem Rimuru had way more energy than is required to create many parallel worlds, this more accurate one merely says he can recreate the world tens of thousands of times. Thus i think Rimuru should only be 2-C,.

Rimuru's Infinite Speed
So bringing this up again, Veldanava existed within nothingness where there was neither time nor space. Ciel using Rimuru's body witnessed the end of the universe, so the universe blowing up in her face, and then Rimuru wakes up later in nothingness where space doesn't spread and time doesn't flow.

I already went over this in the previous thread, but in addition something else that might give addition evidence to this is that Rimuru is said to rule over time and space, thus going across time is easy for him:

" 《Besides, you have not lost to Yuuki yet. You just have to go and defeat him now.》

Ciel-san casually said those words.
I just have to go and defeat him now? Does she mean to go back to the bygone past?
Can something like that be done……?
Chloe seemed to be able to read the memories of the future with Time Leap, but that was just an ability to return to your past self.
Besides, it couldn't be activated while time was stopped.
Yuuki would carefully plan to block a way out like that by stopping time.

《No, there's no problem. The『Teleportation』newly acquired from Mai was originally just a mere prototype of a different ability. The ability is not『The ability to move to a place you've visited』, but『The ability to transcend time and space to reach the location you desire』. For Rimuru-sama, who rules over time and space, such a thing as going across time is simple.》"
~ Chapter 248​
So with this i think just a plain Infinite speed rating might be ok. But looking for opinions.

Yuuki's Ap
Rating Yuuki is no less confusing than it was before, lets go over what was stated:

" Oh! Ciel-san said something to me.
Where are we?
Also what happened to Veldora-san?

《This is the End of the World. It could also be referred to as the "End of Time and Space". As for Veldora, he was isolated inside the『Imaginary Space』and completely protected, so please rest assured.》

I see. Veldora-san is alright.
That's great….. Eh? This needlessly large and empty world is the "End of Time and Space", she said?
Certainly, time doesn't flow and is in a stopped state. I can't sense the spread of space either…..

《Yes. In this world, the flow of time has stopped. The spread of space had ceased as well, and in accordance with the Law of Entropy, this world has arrived at nothingness.》

Has arrived? You are talking as if you have watched it?

That's right. We were hurled to beyond space and time due to Yuuki's attack. The lifespan of the planet has already ended a long time ago, but the collapse of the world hasn't yet been reached. From that I deduced, Yuuki probably couldn't destroy the world itself yet. When he was at the phase where he destroyed the celestial bodies as well as the space-time continuum, I presume that Yuuki's lifespan had come to an end. However, I can't judge whether his wish was fulfilled or not. After that, we wandered around as we drifted in the space and I witnessed the end of this universe.》"
~ Chapter 248​

This is pretty confusing, it says he destroyed the celestial bodies as well as the space-time continuum, but then later Ciel using Rimuru's body says she witnessed the end of this universe, so this contradicts where it says Yuuki destroyed the space-time continuum. So for this i am not sure what to do here, it could be that universe is just being used to refer to the many parallel worlds that exist, and thus Yuuki did destroy the space-time continuum but only of 1 universe, but he didn't destroy the other universes.

Maybe a possibly Low 2-C rating for Yuuki should be added? Looking for opinions on this as well.

The other stuff are more straight forward but the rating for Yuuki is ??? Due to the words like space-time continuum, worlds and universe being thrown around, only way it makes sense is if universe is just being used to mean the many parallel worlds, but idk.

All of these look really simple and straightforward enough, yeah. Speed one makes it sound very straightforward for it to give Rimuru a plain state rating but DK if that's enough.

Yuuki's sound the most confusing though, I have to agree.

This would be a new key yuuki would get which would be "End of Series", i guess Unknow, possibly Low 2-C might be the best we can do.

I guess it is, since it's also said that Rimuru rules space-time, thus going across time is easy.

1) Rimuru's AP: It should be 2-C. Maybe an At Least 2-C rating since we don't know how many Parallel Universes Veldanava Created but judging by the Quotes, it could be a high end of 2-C which is why the Tens of Thousands Quote for Turn Null generation over time in the Imaginary Space but that's just my opinion.

2) Infinite is cool but I think it should be Immeasurable since there's completely nothing no Space or Time and Rimuru can go anywhere and any era judging by the Quotes

3) Yuuki should be Low 2-C overtime or something since he couldn't destroy the space time in one shot and accelerated the time rapidly which caused the universe to reach entropy quickly and even died in the process it seems from the quote.

Yea, only have statements that there are many or several parallel universes, maybe something is revealed in the sidestories, we will see.

Also agree with immeasurable.

It was never said that Yuuki accelerated time, all we have is that previously he absorbed enough energy to destroy the world:

" Each of them said their respective thoughts and altogether faced Yuuki. Then, they unleashed their deadly attacks filled with their entire beings toward Yuuki.

――Everything was as Yuuki expected. Right now, Yuuki could use all skills because of Origin Skill『Information Ruler Akashic Record』. In other words, he could even devour energy completely using Gluttonous Lord Beelzebuth. Yuuki sprouted a dark smile as the mass of energy enough to destroy the world was approaching in front of him."

But what i already posted above contradict this cause he was only able to destroy all celestial bodies as well as the space-time continuum, unless world in this context only means a planet, and he only absorbed enough energy to destroy a planet but again it's said he destroy all celestial bodies as well as the space-time continuum.

Maybe it was indeed an overtime thing and he only manage to destroy parts of the space-time continnum and not completly destroy it? Seems speculative though.

Not sure about the immeasurable thing, he's only capable of doing it via an ability rather than movement

What's the difference between the old and new translation? The former just use the word rebuild while the latter use recreate. Don't see how they're supposed to be different just because the latter was supposed to be "more accurate" or some other shit.

The quotes mention the energy having the properties of capable of either creating a world or destroying one. Could just mean that Rimuru can expend the energy in 2 different ways. Which would fit the requirement of being 2-B on the site, if only once or limited amount of time considering the energy can run out or outright disappear from your arsenal in Veldanava's case. At least that's my take on it

Though i never thought Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken would end up being multiversal kinda shit.

THOK AST THOK said:
What's the difference between the old and new translation? The former just use the word rebuild while the latter use recreate. Don't see how they're supposed to be different just because the latter was supposed to be "more accurate" or some other shit.
Have to agree with this, the previous translation was a hell for grammarnazis, but it was still understandable as to what was said in regards to the feat.

Previous Translation:

[As so much time has passed, there is an enormous amount of energy from 'Turn Null' that has been stored. Veldanava seems to have lost 'Turn Null' when creating the world, but you still have 'Imaginary Space', so there should not be a problem. As 'Imaginary Space' is infinite, it has not become full, but it has been loaded with enough energy to rebuild worlds tens of thousands of times over. If I may add, this means that you can replicate every person you were ever involved with including their memories, you can create a world that is as close as you can possibly get to the world you left. What will you do?]

Ah wait, I see the problem here.

@OPMasada Maybe Immeasurable via Time warp or whatever the ability is called? We do do this sort of rating for these kinds of stuff. The ability specifically lets him transcend time and space afterall.

@Thok The previous translation said he had enough energy to rebuild the world tens of thousands of times over, but regardless i was iffy on the 2-B rating even with that, to me it seems more like compared to Veldanava who could only create the world once, Rimuru can do it tens of thousands of times before he can't anymore, and even if he is tens of thousands of tens above 2-C, that doesn't make him 2-B.

Basically the gap between 2-C and 2-B is unquantifiable, you either show 2-B feats to be 2-B or you don't get 2-B, being stronger doesn't give you the rating.

What about bringing Raw here and translating it yourself so you can get the most accurate translation

GLHF22 said:
What about bringing Raw here and translating it yourself so you can get the most accurate Translation
We can't translate japanese, unless we find a japanese translator on this site.

Nobody would care enough to translate it, and even if it's accurate, it's still besides the point anyway, being stronger than 2-C, doesn't make you 2-B.

I still think the most accurate interpretation is that Rimuru can merely create the world tens of thousands of times before being unable to do so.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@OPMasada Maybe Immeasurable via Time warp or whatever the ability is called? We do do this sort of rating for these kinds of stuff. The ability specifically lets him transcend time and space afterall.
Is Being God who Rules space-time makes you not bound by space and time?

Ruling space-time just refers to his power over space-time, doesn't necessarily mean he can move beyond linear time.

He transcends time and space via an ability so doesn't prove he is immeasurable with his own speed, in fact it proves he isn't immeasurable with his own speed.

I think he should be Infinite, Immeasurable with Time Warp works here.

I'm only judging through the quotes provided, as i don't read the novel myself. But it looks clear enough to me. Only comparison between Rimuru and this Veldanava guy from the quotes given was only the former have bigger storage capacity than the latter. How he can use that energy was no longer a comparison. So that means Rimuru can do what the energy does as advertised, which is destroying or creating worlds. Which would mean Rimuru, with his energy by that point in the story, can either destroy or create world ten of thousands time, which is 2-B without relying on him being stronger than someone, it's as direct as it can be. Or considering that the world can also refer to the universes that Veldanava has created, this could also mean that Rimuru is capable of either destroying or creating multiverse made out of unknown number of parallel universes tens of thousand times, which is also 2-B without relying on him being stronger than someone

"Although Veldanava is said to have lost『Turn Null』by creating the world, there's no problem since Rimuru-sama has『Imaginary Space』. Because『Imaginary Space』has an infinite capacity, it can't be filled up. However, it has already been filled with enough energy that even recreating the world tens of thousands of times is possible."

Well 10,000 is not the limit right? as Ciel said above, he would not lost Turn Null after creating the universe

Edit: Well I don't know much about 2B but that makes sense to me

GLHF22 said:
"Although Veldanava is said to have lost『Turn Null』by creating the world, there's no problem since Rimuru-sama has『Imaginary Space』. Because『Imaginary Space』has an infinite capacity, it can't be filled up. However, it has already been filled with enough energy that even recreating the world tens of thousands of times is possible."
Well 10,000 is not the limit right? as Ciel said above, he would not lost power after creating the universe
yes

Still woudn't make him 2-B,i think, the literal only way you move up a tier from Low 2-C to 2-C, and 2-C to 2-B, is having feats of creating or destroying a certain number of universes. We have a note for this on our tiering page, "Due to the fact that the distance between any given number of universes is currently unknowable, it is impossible to quantify the numerical gap between each one of the subtiers in Tier 2"

Simply being stronger than someone or having energy which gives would put you 1000's above a tier doesn't work, for example Asriel Dreemurr is infinitely stronger than Flowey who is 2-C, yet Asriel is only 2-B.

In other words you have to show you can create or destroy the certain number of universes, multipliers and such don't work. So what we would need here is statements that say "Rimuru has enough energy to create or destroy tens of thousands of parallel universes", i don't think "Rimuru has enough energy to recreate the world (several parallel universes), tens of thousands of times" cuts it for being 2-B.

Tiering tier 2 ppl is all about the range, you need range to move up a tier, otherwise just makes you a really strong character in your current tier.

It's not about him being stronger than anyone being the main case, it's him being outright capable of destroying/creating more than 1001 universes and still have energy to spare or destroying/creating 1001 multiverses and also still have energy to spare (depends on which interpretation of the word being used), considering he has enough juice to destroy/create tens of thousand at once or one at a time for tens of thousand of times before he ran out of juice. It's even outright mentioned in both quote you provided that Rimuru is indeed capable of this, the older version and the most recent one. It's not really a multiplier, it's his own capability

If anything, his 2-B tier would be pretty limited coz, let's say his Turn Null value is 10.000, like an MP bar in some JRPG games. Spending 1 mean creating/destroying 1 universe/multiverse, spending 2000 mean creating/destroying 2000 universes/multiverses. He'd be able to pull off some 2-B tier ***** but only for a limited amount of time/moves since hes running on a limited power source which take a long time (judging from the quote at least, don't know how long it actually took) to recharge

@Thok It took countless years for him to get that much Turn Null. But yea would make his uses of it limited as a 2-B.

@GLHF22 Need that sidestory to be translated first.

Having an infinite MP bar doesn't mean much when your actual MP is still finite. That just mean you have the potential to have infinite MP. And the capability to produce something infinitely can also mean to produce something perpetually without ever stopping, not that you outright produce something that's infinite. It'd be like adding 1 to 0 perpetually, sure it'd be a bigass number but the number itself won't be infinite. You can have ***** like 476649926474899264838499264847 and still add 1 into it

If it qualifies, i'm fine with limited 2-B, however, don't forget the "s", it says tens of thousands, not te thousand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back