• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty) Upgrade

Deagonx

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Spoilers for the most recent episode of Rick & Morty. Easier to read the post on Reddit.

The latest episode of Rick and Morty gets extremely meta and gives Rick feats well beyond what Cosmic Armor Superman is capable of.

Rick is capable of affecting the meta-canon of the story, inside of the Story Trai.

The train controls canon and non-cano

He fights, and defeats, Story Lord who is trying to use Rick and Morty's energy to break the fifth wall and nearly succeeds before they defeat him.

Story Lord is able to control Narrative Energy, Marketability, Board Appeal, Relatability, and Story Potential as concepts

Stories of the train include stories about the concept of time as well as an Azathoth-esque reality dreamer who erases reality when awakening which Morty caused by shooting him

The Train also contains the Greatest Story Ever Told as well as Jesus Christ himself

Morty is able to break the literal Thematic Seal on the Train by telling a story that passes the Bechdel test

The Trai is literally a literal literary device

Rick and Morty literally breathe continuity as though it were emergency oxyge.

Rick's patented anthology generator will never run out of new stories

Now, I know what you're thinking. "But is this the real Rick and Morty? How literally should we take this?"

The real Rick and Morty meta-fictionally transcend all of that. It's literally just a toy to them they bought at a gift shop.

Clearly, Rick and Morty's level of meta is far beyond most characters due to their meta-feats. I'd argue that due to this they are comparable to or above tier 0 characters like:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Azathoth_(Cthulhu_Mythos)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Featherine_Augustus_Aurora

or 1-A characters such as:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_One_Above_All

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Thought_Robot

Yeah, there's a lot more to reaching tier 1 than just being meta. But is it worth anything that such a device was sold at a gift shop in the Citedel of Rick's, meaning Rick's built it? Rather, could this give Rick's extra abilities? Since our main Rick should scale to them, he should be capable of building the same device if he wants to.

Also, while it wasn't real to the Rick and Morty verse, the fact that there was a being representing the concept of time makes me really hope that abstracts like it appear in the future.

Also, does it mean anything that the Jesus inside of the train could affect the Rick and Morty real world through power blessed by God?

Just to make certain if any upgrades are warranted, maybe somebody should ask Assaltwaffle, Ultima Reality, Kepekley23, and Sera EX to comment here.

Wow, Rick somehow transcends Azathoth and Featherine because "meta". These are levels of wank only seen in the most terrible depths of 2013 vs forums. Seriously though, someone move this to F&G.

Okay. I obviously do not think that they should be upgraded to anywhere near that degree. I just wonder if any changes to their pages are warranted.

Okay. Do the rest of you think that we should close this thread?

To Ant, it should either be closed or moved to Fun and Games. To Planck, I mean, the Citedel of Rick's can easily mass-produce devices that are capable of creating countless simulated stories, and create living, but soulless beings for those stories. Rick should be more than capable of making the same device with ease, if anything it'd just take a bit of time. It wouldn't be necessary to add, at all, it could just be another addition to the already massive section.

I refer to Azathoth once more. He is Tier 0, and the very first explanation for this is "All of existence is part of its dream, and will be destroyed when it truly awakens"

This very same description is given to Tickets Please guy who real Rick and Morty metafictionally transcend.

Truly, I think it is clear that Rick's level of power deserves a tier of his own. Perhaps -1 or High 0. Please discuss.

Hello everyone. The time has come to revive this thread, and upgrade Rick Sanchez to Tier High 0, now that I am a mod and can thus do anything that I want. @Ultima_Reality I require your assistance.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. The time has come to revive this thread, and upgrade Rick Sanchez to Tier High 0, now that I am a mod and can thus do anything that I want. @Ultima_Reality I require your assistance.
This is a warning not to necro threads that are two years old.
Since you are a Thread Moderator I expect you to know better than this, man.
I won't add this to your record because I'm in a very good mood, but do it again and you might be in trouble bucko.

9k.png

Back