• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rewriting Rohan (JoJo Revision)

I don't think I'll encounter a lot of resistance with this one.

Basically, there should be two keys for Rohan. One for his DiU incarnation and one for him in his other standalones and oneshots.

Why? Because a lot of his abilities undergo massive evolution from the end of DiU. He gains the ability to interact with multiple people at once, to use his powers on inanimate objects, etc etc. I think because it's such a drastically different powerset and mentality that he should of course have two keys to reflect this.

Not sure whether or not we remove his fighting record though, or if we just keep it since we've basically been using him onward from DiU.

I agree wholeheartedly. My only exposure to Rohan is through his appearance in Part 4, and seeing all of these abilities that he has later on is nice. But, if a key can be created for just what he can do in his debut, then I have no problem with it.

I really like in general that Araki is still building on the main JoJo universe even though it has technically concluded. I especially enjoy seeing the other Morioh characters making cameos, makes me feel good inside.

Back on topic, yes, your thought process was esentially my own.

The problem is that technically TSRK, or at least some of its episodes, happened during Part 4, though I still agree as he has shown the ability to just "point to win" only later on in TSRK. Also, how many keys should we have? Because I think the first one where you had to look at his drawings may be enough to warrant a key. Also, by the end of DiU he has shown the ability: "my stands points I win" with the architect/Cheap Trick guy.

I'd personally make it this way:

Beginning of Part 4 (drawings), middle of Part 4 (sends his stand), end of Part 4 and Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe (he points)

Matches should be assumed to have used the last key as that was what we used.

Every part where he is interacting with the Morioh gang. Heck, in one of them, Akira is not yet apprehended and asks for his autograph since apparently every person in the Jojoverse is a fan of Rohan's manga.

That's not necessarily indicitive of it taking place during DiU. It's not like it couldn't have taken place the next summer. Them being together has no correlation with the date.

What would Akira be apprehended for? What law has he broken? Isn't he just like the guy that tried to blackmail Koichi, as in they're technically not in trouble with the law? Half of the baddies in DiU are just let go after they get beat up (including Rohan).

Koichi had Stroheim/Polnareff's hairstyle in the second/third chapter, so it happened between Yakako kidnapping him and the first encounter with Kira.

Fair, though I'd also like to point out it's just as likely as Araki forgetting.

So the keys:

Beginning of DiU / Middle of DiU / Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe

Can someone show where in tskr he used heaven's door to incap by thinking

From what I remember he always at least pointed at his targets himself

But I agree with the op

Yes, I would assume he carries it in the handbag and it's not a stretch to assume so.

I'm going to hold off on it until a staff member comes in and approves.

DiU Rohan, yes he must bring out his stand and point.

TSRK Rohan, no he rarely if ever brings out his stand and points yet he still writes commands inside of plenty of people. There's a specific moment where he does so with a line of thinking.

HierophantDeluxe said:
TSRK Rohan, no he rarely if ever brings out his stand and points yet he still writes commands inside of plenty of people. There's a specific moment where he does so with a line of thinking.
Posting scans of that would be appriciated

Back