• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revisiting Toneri's Moon Split

"was refuted" I didn't see mine, nor pain, sage and slac refuted. Show me.
The burden of proof isn't on me to show you shit dude. The burden of proof is on you to prove it, I haven't seen you do it, therefore I don't support you.

relax, obviously it wasn't an insult. I know how to keep my posture to a minimum.
Ok so basically you're argument is that they wouldn't be able to see a 10 meter split on the moon from the earth. That definitely makes sense, but for that to make sense you had to prove that the split was 10 meters. Nobody is suggesting it just be 10 meters, but we're suggesting it not be 60km due to the inconsistency in the imaging which shows way less than 60km. They clearly saw the split in the moon from the earth, if they didn't nobody would be alarmed by the moon appearing to be ruptured.

Ok so basically you're argument is that they wouldn't be able to see a 10 meter split on the moon from the earth. That definitely makes sense, but for that to make sense you had to prove that the split was 10 meters. Nobody is suggesting it just be 10 meters, but we're suggesting it not be 60km due to the inconsistency in the imaging which shows way less than 60km. They clearly saw the split in the moon from the earth, if they didn't nobody would be alarmed by the moon appearing to be ruptured.
That's just my point. I don't think it's 60km, but I don't think it's only 10 meters. I made it clear there, just go back. At that point we agree.

That's just my point. I don't think it's 60km, but I don't think it's only 10 meters. I made it clear there, just go back. At that point we agree.
Who in the don diddly **** is saying it's 10 meters lol?

Why are you arguing against this? Nobody here thinks naruto is getting downgraded to country level. This calc was clearly a shitpost.
Where did I say I'm arguing against this? I know very well that Naruto won't be nerfed because of this.

The same ones who support the calculation made it clear that it won't change much except for the 5-B+, besides the AP...

Where did I say I'm arguing against this? I know very well that Naruto won't be nerfed because of this.
You're arguing against the calc using such a short distance for the crack, I don't think even you can deny it. Unless I have dyslexia or something.

Basically the whole thread was discussing about these 10 meters. am I the one who has dyslexia?
The 10 meters thing was only brought up once or twice from my scrolling, but I scroll fast so who knows. The thread itself isn't about downgrading the distance to 10 meters, that was never stated in the op. It only talked about using the most consistent imaging.

You're just wanting to come out on top, read the whole thread before you want to try something like that. And that was my last answer to you, it's been a waste of time. I will only answer the others.

Either way, the cut being 60km is utterly impossible due to sheer math, right? So 5-C+ is rejected no matter the argument.
Stop debating the actual cut size, the fact it's not 60km was the initial point of the OP.

I stopped debating half an hour ago. I ain't gonna be touching this with a 10 meter stick now.

I feel like this entire feat is convoluted.

The movie shows the cut multiple times, but only one of them is massive in diameter; however, people use that shot over the half-dozen other shots because it was the one immediate after the slice was made. The movie also shows the blast being pretty sizeable, scaling off the moon, but then the scene with Kurama and the golem suggest otherwise. In the novel, it is noted that Kakashi could see the slice in the moon, but the fissure was not visible from Earth at all in the movie. This all just seems like a clash of animation inconsistencies and conflicting sources of material.

The movie shows the cut multiple times, but only one of them is massive in diameter; however, people use that shot over the half-dozen other shots because it was the one immediate after the slice was made. The movie also shows the blast being pretty sizeable, scaling off the moon, but then the scene with Kurama and the golem suggest otherwise. In the novel, it is noted that Kakashi could see the slice in the moon, but the fissure was not visible from Earth at all in the movie. This all just seems like a clash of animation inconsistencies and conflicting sources of material.
Even those cuts aren't anywhere near consistent some are 8 meters others are multiple times the size of Kurama and even more are dozens of meters

Last edited:

Didn't your thread have the same point as this and got closed for art inconsistency?

As far as the tally of staff members go, I believe that DarkDragonMedeus, Mr. Bambu, Wokistan, Ogbunabali, KingTempest, and myself are in favor of removing the calc and updating the affected profiles.

Is there anything left to cover?

I disagree with the OP, but only cause I am a biased mrk who doesn't want to lose 5-C+ 👀

Yeah, the OP makes the most sense and I agree with it sadly

Back