• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revisiting Toneri's Moon Split

The only reason Sakura performed that feat and was in that position is because of the "teamwork" and stuff, otherwise she gets bodied by much weaker characters.

I don't see why not. Nobody else (y'know, outside of the god-tiers) scales to her, and as an adult, she was able to body Shin who gave Naruto and Sasuke a bit of a hard time.
Her situation is basically like the Kages against Momoshiki.
It's either an outlier or there's a power cliff

Other than an added justification for Durability. What's your point?
Oh no, it's nothing. There are so many problems with the scaling of Akatsuki Members that I don't even know where to begin.
But, for the sake of argument, I will just say that I believe that Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori is complete PIS

nah we already agreed that Naruto can draw power from his other forms without needing to directly transform, hence why Base Naruto crapped on Amped Momoshiki with his rasengan.
that reminds me Naruto was meant to be revised as Varies in Base as oppose to Unknown.
Gonna have to stop u right there. We have directly seen Naruto use Kurama's chakra (because if that last punch to Toneri). Naruto's chakra and Kurama's are both golden and the only time (I think the purpose of it) to show that Naruto is using his own power is when he isn't a mode or the golden chakra he's using doesn't have any symbols on it (like it would have in his transformations)

Gonna have to stop u right there. We have directly seen Naruto use Kurama's chakra (because if that last punch to Toneri). Naruto's chakra and Kurama's are both golden and the only time (I think the purpose of it) to show that Naruto is using his own power is when he isn't a mode or the golden chakra he's using doesn't have any symbols on it (like it would have in his transformations)
When he’s in KCM his chakra is blue. That was specifically for the last movie.

When he’s in KCM his chakra is blue. That was specifically for the last movie.
I dont remember his Chaka being blue in the movie. Heck I remember that the official art in the OG, Jiraiya or someone said that Naruto's chakra is golden itself

hold on let me see if I can find it

His Chakra is yellow, and his Rasengan has always been a golden color in Kishimoto's work. The fact that all of Naruto's Rasengans in The Last were golden falls in line with its portrayal in the manga; this makes sense, considering The Last is supposed to be a canonical continuation of and a love letter to the original series.

I dont remember his Chaka being blue in the movie. Heck I remember that the official art in the OG, Jiraiya or someone said that Naruto's chakra is golden itself

hold on let me see if I can find it
I mean in the anime. I’m the movie he has orange rasenshurikens and such, but that was never showcased in any other canon animation.

Idk if the color for Naruto is the official one (maybe it is, idk), but it’s not a priority of mine since I use it all the time.

So yes....That punch that Naruto delivered to Toneri could had either been the KCM power or his own. But everything else that we saw was beforehand was most def his own power

Nothing in the scene ever suggests that Naruto was borrowing power from Kurama. When he borrows power from Kurama in order to power up his attack, like the Rasengan, his hand would burn a bright yellow, the same cloak he bears when using his Nine-Tails Chakra Mode; as seen in the scene where Naruto initially attacks Toneri with a Rasengan, his arm glows a bright yellow. When he punches Toneri at the end of the movie, his arm also glows a bright yellow, immediately after he dropped out of Nine-Tails Chakra Mode, in fact. Along with that, in the novelization, the narrator states that this feat was performed using Naruto's own "massive chakra" and Hinata's Chakra, making no mention of Kurama's assistance.

What is being discussed right now? Have the edits been done?

Nothing in the scene ever suggests that Naruto was borrowing power from Kurama. When he borrows power from Kurama in order to power up his attack, like the Rasengan, his hand would burn a bright yellow, the same cloak he bears when using his Nine-Tails Chakra Mode; as seen in the scene where Naruto initially attacks Toneri with a Rasengan, his arm glows a bright yellow. When he punches Toneri at the end of the movie, his arm also glows a bright yellow, immediately after he dropped out of Nine-Tails Chakra Mode, in fact. Along with that, in the novelization, the narrator states that this feat was performed using Naruto's own "massive chakra" and Hinata's Chakra, making no mention of Kurama's assistance.
I didn’t even noticed this....that can actually change things

The fact that all of Naruto's Rasengans in The Last were golden falls in line with its portrayal in the manga;
main-qimg-5c234b9a0a49ae14001f56c489ca87de

Not all Rasengans lol.

In the last novelization it's stated naruto used all his night in that last punch so that was his max power

Rasengan variants, Raiton Chakra Mode, and many other chakra projection techniques that are portrayed as blue in the anime, are actually yellow in the original manga.

Back