• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision Recruitment: Stellar Revisions Try 2

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Last time around I got very distracted with several dramatic situations and another significant revision thread. Now that those are gone, we can work this out.

Well, we discussed and agreed on this a while ago, and now it's Summer. We have the highest attention we will get out of our staff, including many we didn't have prior!

So, what are we doing here? We're revising the tier given to members of Tier 5-A to 3-A based on new values found in our last discussions. Turns out stars are even more durable than we thought.

Here is a link to the full blog.

This blog gives a full layout of the new tier thresholds, which tiers moved which direction, and all the arithmetic means to use the "+" sign for.

What we need to do now is find all the characters in Tier 4 that use a calculation and see if that found value would move to any of the other tiers or gain/lose the "+" sign.

Any and all staff willing to participate in this are appreciated, especially Content Mods and Admins for locked profiles.

Current Goals: List available staff, pair off teams of 4, do the revisions.

As always, thank you for your help!

So long as staff are OK with it, I propose the revisions start this Saturday (08-04-18) and end next Friday (08-10-18), giving us nearly a full week to get this done.

There are 1511 Tier 4 profiles that need to be checked, although realistically many of those will scale from other Tier 4s, reducing the number of profiles needed to be checked.

This is not a thread to discuss GBE or how other feats will be effected. This is exclusively a thread to gather staff and organize teams for a revision that needs to be done.

I should probably note that I won't be available Saturday evening and maybe the afternoon because of prior arrangements.

My exams are coming up so I won't be able to participate in this. I am sorry.

@ProfessorLord

Thank you for the offer, but these types of revision projects are only supposed to involve the current staff. Sorry.

Right now we have 7 staff members ready to roll. I won't be able to start performing edits for another couple hours, but if y'all are ready I think it is advisable to go ahead and start working.

Aside from the characters listed in the previous Thread's linked blog, the tier 4 characters need to be searched and changed. With 94 pages of characters and 1511 characters between them, we can divide it down by 7 to give everyone an equal workload.

Does anyone have any objections to that?

If no one does, it will be 14 pages of characters per person, or 224 characters. Of course some of those will scale to others, so if you edit a character that is used to scale other characters please list off that change here so any staff can know to just skip all pages in the verse you've already changed.

The page counts are as follows, using the Tier 4 category sorting:

Me: 1-14

Prom: 15-28

Kep: 29-42

Reppu: 43-56

Celestial: 57-70

Matt: 71-84

Saikou: 85-End (this is less since 94 can't divide into 7 evenly)

Thank you to everybody who are helping out.

I think that alphabetical would work best.

I was already starting with my pages. Only problem is, I don't quite have admin rights just yet and plenty of those profiles are admin-locked.

If you wait at most a few days, you will get admin rights.

Anyway, perhaps you could note down all of the pages that are locked for you, and then handle them in a few days?

Or mark the locked pages and an Admin that has finished his/her pages can finish them.

So, this gentleman named Turles from DBZ is supposedly Low 4-C from fodderizing someone with a 1.6 Tenatons feat, while the new lower boundary for Low 4-C is 7.505 tenatons. I guess this is fair to say that this character, alongside anyone who scales to the same feat, would go to High 5-A, correct?

Sorry about that, I'd rather just not edit DBZ's messy scaling on my own without input.

Yes, that seems correct. I don't have the blog on mobile, but that may fall into Dwarf Star level+.

So as it turns out, my section needed almost no revisions due to the fact that they were well over the baseline in the linked or scaled calculations.

Does any other section need help?

Well Kep can't edit the locked pages since he doesn't have Admin power yet. Also the Tier 5s in the blog posted in the previous thread probably need changing.

So, for the verse I've already covered:

-Movie DBZ stuff gets downgraded from Low 4-C to High 5-A, if they scale to King Vegeta's planets busting.

-Sailor Moon's High 4-C is based on Supernovae, so it doesn't change.

-MLP's 4-C is based on baseline 4-C, so it doesn't change. High 4-C seems a bit weird, although it seems based on moving many stars, so I guess it would stay High 4-C. I doubt, I left it as is.

-Tolkienverse's 4-A reasoning seems faulty as hell, I doubt it would even have been 4-A in the first place, but given that we only cover calcs, I've decided to left it as is, leaving it for future revisions of the verse.

-Nasuverse's 4-B should stay, given that it's based on manipulating the Solar System (still seems faulty to me, but we aren't there for that)

-Greek Mythology Tier 4 people should lose their "+". Probably needs a more complete revision later.

-Digimon's High 4-C is based on Pocket Dimensions, so it should stay untouched for now.

-Marvel's 4-B should stay. The calc is well into 4-B.

-Yume Nikki/2kki's 4-A should stay. It's based on 4-A-sized stuff.

-MTG's 4-A is based on constellation-sized stuff and thus should remain.

-DC's 4-B should stay. Same as Marvel's.

-Ultraman should lose all of it's + and 4-B, leaving everyone at High 4-C.

So has anybody updated the Attack Potency page energy borders, and linked to the justification blog within the trivia section?

I'm about to be offline for around 3 hours but I can do it when I get back if it isn't already done.

Done.

Had would have had it finished sooner if I didn't have a brainfart and remembered I could just copy paste Assalt's table into the page.

Update of my previous post:

Bloodborne should be downgraded to 4-C, given that the gap between 4-C and High 4-C is too big to be worthy of an upgrade to High 4-C just via being stronger.

Kingdom Heart should stay at High 4-C

Asura's Wrath should also stay at High 4-C.

I haven't found the calculation for Mario being High 4-C+, only uncalced feats and scaling back and forth between characters, so I decided to leave it as is, but it should be review later.

MYth should have its High 4-C downgraded to 4-C. No reasoning for them beyond "they're strong"

Back