• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obvious Revisions Revision (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This is just to revise this
For all content revision suggestions, a grace period of 48 hours should be allowed for the reviewing staff members to evaluate and approve them. This grace period applies to both minor and self-evident revisions, as well as larger revisions that may require more input from other staff members. Until this grace period has elapsed since the time of the thread's creation, the revision should not be applied to the profiles.
Because I've stumbled along threads that are so obvious, like this, where people need to wait days just to implement it.
If somebody flies in a series, we need to wait 2 days for an evaluation until we can accept "flight" on the profiles?

We gotta wait 2 days before we can give a zombie type 7 immortality?

Someone with a canon huge ass height needs a crt to accept "large size"?
Like I can accept if it needs a crt (albeit it's dumb), but it needs to be open for 2 days before we can put it through?

I was thinking 12-18 hours (we choose here which goes) for self evident CRTs instead of 48. Even 24 hours seems like a stretch, and 12-18 hours is a good time for people in different time zones to see a thread.

12h: DarkDragonMedeus, Elizhaa, Agnaa, Sir_Ovens
18h:
24h: Damage3245, Qawsedf234 (Is fine with 12, but favors 24 because of tight timeframe differences), LordGriffin1000, DontTalkDT, Antvasima
Keep it at 48h:

Last edited:
I prefer to stick to a minimum of 12 hours, I still think it may be too long for a self-evident thread, but I think this can also cover the minor threads that are normally considered uncontroversial, so it gives some time to wait for the staff evaluation and is open to possible discussions and if an agreement is reached quickly and consistently then not having to wait 2 whole days.

I find it fine. Frankly, I'd be fine with it if we just reduced the general wait time to 24 hours for all CRTs.

I prefer to stick to a minimum of 12 hours, I still think it may be too long for a self-evident thread, but I think this can also cover the minor threads that are normally considered uncontroversial, so it gives some time to wait for the staff evaluation and is open to possible discussions and if an agreement is reached quickly and consistently then not having to wait 2 whole days.
This seems reasonable for minor self-evident revisions, yes. 🙏

I find it fine. Frankly, I'd be fine with it if we just reduced the general wait time to 24 hours for all CRTs.
That seems very unwise. We need a safety net for more significant and/or controversial revisions.

That seems very unwise. We need a safety net for more significant and/or controversial revisions.
Maybe we could work something out based on the Priority Level of the CRTs? The lowest priority revisions should remain at 12 hours, while the ones in-between could stay within 24-48 hours while the most controversial CRTs or really big CRTs could do with 48 hours as usual.

There is difference between minor and self-evident revisions. I would prefer the latter to be only 12 hours and the former 24 hours.

You can have a minor thread of tons of "non-controversial abilities" stack and may really require more time than one single self-evident ability addition.

But it depends how you define minor and self-evident.

At least, when I wrote this rule, this is what I meant.

Calculations has their own priority system. Luckily, you only need one calculation member to accept the calculation.

Unless you are talking about a member is submitting an accepted calculation to upgrade/downgrade the character?

Because it is never self-evident, ya. It still requires evaluation if the upgrade/downgrade makes sense narratively or not.

Unless you are talking about a member is submitting an accepted calculation to upgrade/downgrade the character?

Because it is never self-evident, ya. It still requires evaluation if the upgrade/downgrade makes sense narratively or not.
Yeah, pretty much this. The only difference is the calc comes with one staff pre-approval (obviously the acceptance of the calc grouper who evaluated the dang thing).

What is self-evident to one user may not necessarily be so for another user.
So you're telling me that a dude breathing out fire on-screen and it being called fire-breathing is not self-evident enough for Fire Manipulation?

Or that a dude being stated in the verse to be 20 feet tall is not self-evidente to give him Type 0 Large Size.

That all of these would need to be waited out a full day for input.

Yeah no I don't buy this one bit.

So you're telling me that a dude breathing out fire on-screen and it being called fire-breathing is not self-evident enough for Fire Manipulation?

Or that a dude being stated in the verse to be 20 feet tall is not self-evidente to give him Type 0 Large Size.

That all of these would need to be waited out a full day for input.

Yeah no I don't buy this one bit.
I was speaking more generally. Yes, there are specific cases where I don't think anybody could really deny an ability being added - but what if the ability in question was sourced from a non-canon OVA and somebody accepting the thread didn't realize until another user pointed it out?

That's just a hypothetical scenario and I'm not saying this kind of disagreement with an obvious ability happens frequently, but as a general rule of thumb I think people ought to be patient for at least a day before they get their threads applied to the profile even if someone agrees in the first 30 seconds of it being posted. Just... give people a chance to see the threads. What's the rush?

I was speaking more generally. Yes, there are specific cases where I don't think anybody could really deny an ability being added - but what if the ability in question was sourced from a non-canon OVA and somebody accepting the thread didn't realize until another user pointed it out?
All our CRTs mandate that OP writes down the source of the feat and whether it's from canon or not. I can't believe I actually have to say this out loud to anyone attempting to make CRTs.

That's just a hypothetical scenario and I'm not saying this kind of disagreement with an obvious ability happens frequently, but as a general rule of thumb I think people ought to be patient for at least a day before they get their threads applied to the profile even if someone agrees in the first 30 seconds of it being posted.
You do realize that you need approval from at least a few staff members to pass a CRT, yeah? One staff isn't enough.

Just... give people a chance to see the threads. What's the rush?
12 hours is plenty of time for a tiny self-evident CRT to be evaluated by the staff involved. It certainly isn't short by any means.

One staff member is enough to pass a self-evident/minor thread according to guidelines, @KLOL506.

(Minor/self-evident has their own definitions in the guidelines as well)

Eh what, ya obviously since I made the guidelines, it's been a thing. Any minor/self-evident thread can be passed through one moderator with evaluation rights. Minor thread is if it is not about:
  • acausality (except type 1),
  • concept manipulation,
  • abstract existence,
  • plot manipulation,
  • information manipulation,
  • causality manipulation,
  • nonexistent physiology,
  • law manipulation etc.
  • or otherwise could be considered particularly controversial or noteworthy.
Note: It does not apply to revisions for popular or widely-recognized verses, or to revisions that significantly alter the overall structure or content of a verse.

I'm pretty sure a character who can breathe underwater doesn't need 24 hours for staff to really check if they can breathe underwater
What exactly are we classing as just self-evident revisions? Just ability additions? No scaling alterations?

What exactly are we classing as just self-evident revisions? Just ability additions? No scaling alterations?
Scaling alteration requires verse knowledge. That's not particularly "self evident" unless you already know the ins and outs of the verse, thus, falls into the 48 hours wait period. Even a simple calc update requires this, because then questions arises for its consistency.

That’s kinda something you need to use common sense for. Like if you see a big dude with a stated size of 3 meters, it’s a very self-evident thing to propose Type 0 Large Size. Or if you see someone doing back handsprings, cartwheels, and all sorts of maneuvers in battle, it’s self-evident to give them Acrobatics

I’d honestly prefer if we don’t even have a wait time. If a self-evident thread already has staff approval then I doubt anything the opposing party argues is gonna override it.

Agreed on that
No scaling alterations whatsoever

I believe specifically revisions involving adding or removing very minor and simple abilities, something like "he can move things with his mind" telekinesis, or "he can burrow" underground mobility.

Scaling involves verse knowledge, just like verse specific abilities and such, unless (in my opinion) it's slight, like (example we both know, One Piece) we see someone visibly use haki, add haki on their profiles, simple revision, 12 hours.

Higher end things such as concept manip, invulnerability, acasuality, etc. need the regular time, as they're not really that simple.

But a fish having underwater breathing, someone controlling fire, longevity for a person who's lived a long time, we can use our discretion to say "this shouldn't take 2 days"

I can understand not wanting it to take 2 days for that, and I do agree that we should lower the grace period for that. I just think 24 hours would be better.

It is 24 hours since the thread is first posted after all, not waiting 24 hours after the thread is accepted. I don't think it would be too long if it had to be a minimum of a day passing since the thread was started.

Put me for minor threads 24 hours, and self-evident ones for 12 hours. There is a significant difference between both.

Scaling involves verse knowledge, just like verse specific abilities and such, unless (in my opinion) it's slight, like (example we both know, One Piece) we see someone visibly use haki, add haki on their profiles, simple revision, 12 hours.
I actually can't agree with that example. I don't know OP at all, and wouldn't be able to recognize what even is haki.

Basically imo, anything that involves specific verse knowledge can't be self evident... Because you quite literally need that verse knowledge in the first place.

Meh, I've said it before that I didn't really mind the 48 hour rule also applying to really minor CRTs as they're meant to be traps against CRTs that are bound to be rushed. And sometimes the "minor" additions may not always seem like the case at hand, so I don't know about this. But if I had to choose, 24 hours should be good enough if it's minor enough

I actually can't agree with that example. I don't know OP at all, and wouldn't be able to recognize what even is haki.

Basically imo, anything that involves specific verse knowledge can't be self evident... Because you quite literally need that verse knowledge in the first place.
I think I agree with this. It’s self-evident, but only for people that know about One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back