• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Return of the most Skilled Thread

I would have to know Garou's skill feats to call you out. I've only watched the OPM anime and read a couple or manga chapters. I'm most definitely not an avid fan.

I was merely making a joke with my first comment, as I have barely any idea what Garou can do in terms of skill.

If I recall correctly the last time we did this Yujiro Hanma got third place and was tied for second place for a while. I forget who was in first I think it was Ikki. And the only reason Yujiro didn’t get first or second is because there are sword and magic users who could just out range him in battle.

When we’re discussing skills it’s basically any ability that is not a direct power up and abilities that are not explicitly hax. The skill debate is just a comparisons of abilities that are strictly used for utility purposes.

let’s go case by case. Utility by utility

Who has the best:

Power mimicry
Analytical prediction
Instinctive reaction
Information analysis
Intelligence
The most effective and broad range move-set.
Accelerated development that isn’t just a stat booster

Let me know if I missed a couple. But I think just having the highest level of these abilities is all you need to be the most skilled.

Last edited:
I heard that someone was claiming that Garou is not skilled? Can someone please enlighten me as to who this person is, and why they think so?

I heard from that someone was claiming that Garou is not skilled? Can someone please enlighten me as to who this person is, and why they think so?
Literally nobody said that, think the argument is if Garou or Mori Jin is more skilled, not that Garou isn't skilled at all.

Replace (or add above or share placement) Roronoa Zoro for/below/shareplacementwith Monkey D. Luffy.

Might Guy somewhere as too

474kzy.png

no hate, but Zoro in top ten made me instantly think of this.

I'm well versed with Garou's skill feats. I'll try to make a list of them, but I may get lazy and quit midway, so don't get hopes too high

Last edited:
WC is considered a different cannon now. But manga is likely more skilled anyway. (sad that they butchered the line and the moments that gave him his Analytical prediction)
For reference:

Webcomic Garou: "I'm a prodigy. i can easily read the movements of a complete amateur like you. I only need to analyze your stance, point of view and movement patterns to dodge. But there's also center of gravity, muscle tension, breathing energy... Observation of all of those will tell me your "next move". I probably couldn't avoid attacks of your speed with my reflexes... But i'm already dodging before you've attacked. And before your attack motion ends, my attack begins, your reflexes won't be able to keep up. you'll take a direct hit."

Manga Garou: "But his technique is that of a complete amateur, he's got plenty of openings to take advantage of. The reason you're gonna lose is that you have no technique. The next move, the move beyond that, and the move beyond that... I can read them all!"

Okay. Most of Mori's relevant skill feats have been previously listen in this thread already by other supporters, but I'll relist them in a more concise manner if need be.

I've read both (But it`s been like multiple years since i`ve touched GoH) and imo Mori Jin is more skilled, mostly because he comes from a world where Martial arts is like Yu-gi-oh in Yu-gi-oh, so there's some massive investment and a massive skill scalling chain. Not to mention counters and resistances to a lot of martial arts,techniques general skill related stuff and a crapton of experience in facing many martial arts.
I'd still say current Manga Garou does better than he ever did due to some new long range AOE offensive dura neg BS techniques. (even if his analytical precog suffered)

If it's been multiple years then you are most likely not privy to Mori's most recent feats and such.

Then yeah, your not privy lol. Mori Dan is where Mori is his most skilled. Gonna take a hot minute to really compile all the feats but I can.

The list hasn't been updated in some time, lots of characters were presented but since the thread died pretty fast it wasn't updated again with other nominations.

People are saying "Why is X not up there", but you guys have to realise that there gotta be a debate first before anything is moving here.

Here is the gameplan: You gotta propose a character, post their feats and aim your fists at the guy defending the ranking you want. If the guy ghosts your argument for a couple days, i will consider this as a concede and move your proposal to that spot.

Haiya, you guys are so meek. Where is the bloodshed

People are saying "Why is X not up there", but you guys have to realise that there gotta be a debate first before anything is moving here.

Here is the gameplan: You gotta propose a character, post their feats and aim your fists at the guy defending the ranking you want. If the guy ghosts your argument for a couple days, i will consider this as a concede and move your proposal to that spot.

Put this guy at #1 to watch the bloodshed you won't-

Idk if should get into this at all.
I have a candidate but idk if its a good option to even try and talk here about it

some of the skill explanations in his page are a bit confusing due to the names which are taken out of context. To explain, most people mentioned in his skill explanation section are dudes with hundreds to thousands of years of combat experience

First off, I suggest Raiden and Zoro should swap places. Raiden is a master samurai and ninja, and has beaten master swordsmen, top mercs and even the best soldiers in the world. He also became an infamous killer from a very young age. (merely raised because someone above said Zoro didn't belong in the list, with full intent to withdraw the point should his place in the thread be shown as solid, point was withdrawn when it was clarified that Zoro is similar to Raiden)

For a new character, I'll start with saying the list has the wrong Dante. DMC Dante is more skilled than Inferno Dante.

Dante (Devil May Cry)

• Analytical Prediction:

• Dante and Gilver were spotting patterns in each other's fighting styles in the middle of battle. Gilver was designed based on Dante and Vergil for the purpose of killing them.

• Accelerated Development:

• Masters weapons within moments of picking them up, including weird weapons like a backpack full of exploding spears, a briefcase that turns into all kinds of weapons and a motorcycle with blades for wheels.

• Taught himself to fly an old biplane in moments while in the process of flying it to escape a collapsing island.
  • His brother Vergil learned to read an ancient language in a few hours that took the devious scholar Arkham years to learn.

• Easily out-skilled two of the demon world's best swordsmen, each with over 2000 years of experience.

• General Skill and Moveset:

• Has mastered the long sword/claymore (both one and two handedly, so I guess to him it's a bastard sword), the scimitar, dual-wielding scimitars and other weapons, quarterstaves, nunchaku, scythes, katana, Iaido, three-section staff, various firearms, the aforementioned weird weapons, improvised weapons.

• Has mastered unarmed combat, using punches and kicks as well as grapples, with moves including the one-inch punch, roundhouse kicks, axe kicks, and more, moves performed by a mo-cap actor who is in real life a skilled practitioner of Jeet June Do, which explains the mixed assortment of moves from several different martial arts. He has also mastered a demonic martial art that uses magic to nullify incoming damage, called Royalguard. And another technique called Trickster which allows him to double and triple jump and perform dashes in mid-air. This should cover acrobatics as well.

• He is also stated to have achieved mastery over both long and close range combat in his DMC4 bio.

• Easily outskills large groups of trained demonic knights, such as the holy knights who specialized in killing demons even back when they themselves were still humans.

• Intelligence and Information Analysis:

• Dante is a detective who correctly deduced that a seemingly harmless person, Modeus, was in fact interested in killing him, even more so than Baul, a person who had openly declared a desire to kill Dante and had repeatedly attempted to. This was while Modeus seemed determined to prevent Dante's death at the hands of Baul, before he showed his true nature

• Taught himself to fly a plane while in the process of flying it to escape a collapsing island, as mentioned above.
  • He also defeated, and even managed to surprise, Chen, who could see the future.

• Instinctive Reaction:

• He dodges numerous surprise attacks from enemies he can't see who are superior to him and also enemies who teleport

• Instinctively dodged attacks that are both invisible and omnidirectional from all around him while literally inside the void that is the character who is attacking him, which should be essentially impossible

• Mimicry:

• Dante and Vergil have both copied each other's movesets and weapon techniques, including Dante copying Vergil's Judgement Cut and Vergil copying Dante's Drive and Million Stab.

I list Dante because he has the most showings, but he and Vergil scale to each other in terms of skill. In fact Vergil is often considered the more skilled fighter, although I don't exactly agree.

Last edited:
First off, I suggest Raiden and Zoro should swap places. Raiden is a master samurai and ninja, and has beaten master swordsmen, top mercs and even the best soldiers in the world. He also became an infamous killer from a very young age.
Has Zoro not done most of the same things?

I'm to lazy for bloodshed.

Has Zoro not done most of the same things?
Someone above suggested Zoro wasn't that good, and he got repeatedly humiliated by that guy's daughter, but that's all I'm basing it on except the early stuff. Never mind, I never finished One Piece, so I don't know everything Zoro can do. I was mostly just responding to an above comment suggesting he shouldn't be there, and I figured if that wasn't true then it wouldn't hurt to raise the issue. I was fully aware someone might prove his position solid. So that's fine.

Someone above suggested Zoro wasn't that good, and he got repeatedly humiliated by that guy's daughter, but that's all I'm basing it on except the early stuff. Never mind, I never finished One Piece, so I don't know everything Zoro can do. I was mostly just responding to an above comment suggesting he shouldn't be there, and I figured if that wasn't true then it wouldn't hurt to raise the issue. I was fully aware someone might prove his position solid. So that's fine.
That was when Zoro was a literal child-

Back