• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resurrection and soul manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Simon is theoretically able to resurrect people, shouldn't he have soul manipulation? Because from what I know a certain degree of soul manipulation is necessary in order to perform resurrection (take the soul of the dead person and put it in the new body).

We tend to avoid speculation unless something is explicitly stated.

With that logic, any resurrection user should have Soul Manipulation, which

1) Is not always the case

2) It would be a level of manipulation completely useless for combat (Or even worth to mention)

1) Then how is it possible to resurrect someone to be exactly like he was before dying without taking his soul and putting it back into the body?

2) I can accept the theory that the level might be unsuitable for combat use.

1) How I, you, or anyone is supposed to know that?

2) Theory? It's not suitable for battle, at all. If something, it would only apply to resurrection, so it would also be unnecessary to mention in his profile

Basically what has been stated above, he also wouldn't be able to use it in 1v1 or in character, and ressurection of others can just get out of hand

1) We got quite philosophical here, but I guess 2) is generally more likely, but then again the definition of soul and how resurrection and the whole stuff works might differ from verse to verse.

2) Since as always it's an "as far as we know" situation, so I decided to write theory.

But even if it cannot be used offensively in combat, shouldn't it at least serve defensive purposes? I mean by being able to resurrect he must know where the soul is and should at least be able to move them.

If we do not even know if there are souls in the continuity, we cannot speculate how he performed the feat. He could have used time-space manipulation, or some other means as well.

There is no mention of afterlife/heaven/hell of any kind in Gurren Lagann. Once you are dead, that is it - you don't exist anymore. Kamina pretty much says this outright to Simon inside the multiversal labyrinth.

Well, that answers the question then. We should probably close this thread.

It was the original Kamina that appeared in the Antispirals multiversal labyrinth not a second fake one (imo). This is the reason why I think a soul exists in TTGL. Proving this however needs me rewatching and theorising about this scene (for which I don't have time right now).

If you would reopen the thread once I have more proof, than you can close it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back