• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Respect the Stinky Fingers: Guido Mista

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
So I just finished reading the 5th Part of JJBA, because I'm that impacient about the anime, and I found several feats that would upgrade one my favorites Stands: Sex Pistols (And other minor feats for other characters) that I would posted right below:

• Changes for others:
    • Wall level for Bruno (Knocked out Pesci with a kick) and Abbacchio (The strongest of the gang)
    • Wall level for Prosciutto's Durability (Survived getting smacked against a metal panel by Sticky Fingers)
    • Speed downgrade from Supersonic to Peak Human
      • Cause 1. Already stated this bullets are MFTL and 2. Diavolo was moving Mista's body by using Spice Girl as a puppet, in other words, a MFTL characters was moving the legs of a human to dodge bullets
    • Also wanted to ask for Black Sabbath's rating: why he scale from damaging ACT 3 when he never actually harmed it? And if you mean to scale it because he restrained it... ACT 3 is Unknow in AP and is nowhere near 8-C physically
I know that Tier 8 and MFTL bullets seems off, but it wouldn't be the first time

Yobo Blue said:
Act Three has building level dura
Please read the post

BS never harmed Act 3 during their fight

And even a restrain doesn't mean anything if you are overpowering a Unknow level foe

It's ok!

Although funny that you commented on the only feat that doesn't involve Mista lol

I agree with the following:

• Wall level dura for Mista.
  • Non-Physical Interaction for his bullets
  • Wall level AP for Bruno and Abbacchio.
  • The Speed downgrade.
Some of that stuff was brought in other threads too, but with the rest I'm sorry but I disagree. I'll give the necessary explanations for that later.

AidenBrooks999 said:
I know that Tier 8 and MFTL bullets seems off, but it wouldn't be the first time
I'm gonna start with this as it is very important for context. Hol Horse's pistol and bullets and his Stand, this is not the case for Mista, whose power is only to direct the trajectory of his bullets. It makes far less sense for his Stand to have those stats. Would it be impossible? Of course not, with the appropriate scaling and feats, which sadly he does not have.

• We don't know how fast SF was going to attack RS and Bruno respectively.
  • Of course KC blocks the bullets, the stats aren't remotely consistent enough for him to just not do that. The situation in which he is in forces that, just like with Aerosmith and Rosotto.
    • This goes for AP too, added that KC is believed to have to poor durability by Araki.
  • The part with Secco are not even feats, on 2 occasions Secco casually reflects his bullets, and when he was attacking Bruno he was doing so with stealth.
  • BB's hook does not travel inside one's body at MFTL speeds.
  • White Album was so durable not even GE could do much to it and both Giorno and Mista had to get creative to defeat him, that much happens in that feat.
Added to that we saw his bullets on many occasions just not being as fast or as strong as they would be if they were MFTL and Tier 8, the feats above that do count as feats are inconsistencies and/or outliers.

As for Prosciutto's Durability, right before that SF was fighting his Stand, who was more likely to be the one affected by the attack. JoJo tends to sometimes remove the Stands in their fights and make the users take a visible fraction of the process of a singular attack, but with the Stands going most of the whole fight they are likely to take or help take the damage.

• Why wouldn't he? I get your point, but he has no reason to not go that fast. In the first one he couldn't even finish his sentence and in the second one SF was berserk and trying to finish Bruno off
  • Using stats to deny a feat even though KC's rating on our wiki would already proof that wrong. Heck, not even SF could do serious damage to KC, call that "poor durability"
  • Yeah, I posted them more like support feats, since, if Sex Pistols were MFTL, then Mista would be reacting to someone able to block those bullets
    • You can go stealth and fast though, and Secco is dealing with faster than light dudes, he has to act fast, but I agree with you anyways
  • Proof? Other than just a "nope".
  • Yeah, and Mista was creative to send a piece of a car right through his armor. That was the point, they could deal small damage to Ghiaccio, not enough to defeat him, but Mista did as much (and later more) damage as a barrage from GE

He still got slammed against a metal panel and damaged it

I agree with the OP. Honestly, scaling aside, it really doesn't make sense why Mista, who is supposed to be an assassin of Stand Users, would be this much weaker than most of the stand users he is supposed to be able to profesionally kill. Sure, there are some users who are mostly haxed based, but Mista isn't. Sure he uses a gun, but its pretty clear its either empowered by his stand in some way, or he is like the many gunmen of part 7 who have tier 8 fire arms

There were feats there that do count, most of them actually, but the context behind them discards them.

What I said about KC's durabity is that Ariki believes it to be that poor, hence its Stand stats has something like a D in endurance and its description outright mentions its durability as its weakness. His feats aren't much better either, KC had "already" erased time in the first blow SF did in it and in the second it was right after it, with KC being close to dying for it.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Honestly, scaling aside, it really doesn't make sense why Mista, who is supposed to be an assassin of Stand Users, would be this much weaker than most of the stand users he is supposed to be able to profesionally kill. Sure, there are some users who are mostly haxed based, but Mista isn't. Sure he uses a gun, but its pretty clear its either empowered by his stand in some way, or he is like the many gunmen of part 7 who have tier 8 fire arms
That makes no sense, dude. To kill a Stand user you just need to kill the Stand user, not even the Stand. Going to kill the Stand is possible if it's not a Stand good enough to scale to the top-tiers. And Mista has no title of being an assassin of Stand users, he's only an assassin. We saw him go with top-tier Stands like WA, Secco and KC, he's just too weak for them. This position you are making up for him is as much of a headcanon as that stuff you say about his gun being empowered by his Stand. If anything, his gun being just a gun should be proof of how weak he is, yet you blandly ignore it.

I already gave my opinion with the Mista thing, if this thread keeps aiming to upgrade him then there is a number of other JoJo professionals that should opinate here first.

Yeah but still

Even if Araki consider that KC has poor durability, he still portays the bullets as at least comparable to SF, since even though he knew he could handle a punch from SF, he believed SP would do serious damage to warrant blocking then.

And again, using that logic we should downgrade Diavolo's durability, even though all his feats contradict his ratings

AidenBrooks999 said:
And again, using that logic we should downgrade Diavolo's durability, even though all his feats contradict his ratings
On this matter, I wouldn't mind a note in its dura saying that it doesn't scale to its own AP.

If that makes sense for a Stand.

I mean, we always scale physical AP to durability because of Newton's 3rd law unless special cases

And this is not a special case. Diavolo owned Silver Chariot without receiving recoil damage

As BS as Stand stats may be, having a higher endurance than power would mean just that, what does Newton's 3rd law have to do when that can happen to creatures made of the manifestation of one's soul? Having its durability being mentioned as a weakness helps too.

"Manifestation of one's soul" that for all purposes work like living creatures when interacting with each other

Stands can still receive recoil damage (See Star Platinum punching the Word durimg their last fight, he gets cracks on his hand)

Besides, using Stand's stats was rejected a while ago AND for this cases their are like Pokemon stats: the creators give then certain numbers on each stat just for the feats out-game contradict them

AidenBrooks999 said:
Stands can still receive recoil damage (See Star Platinum punching the Word durimg their last fight, he gets cracks on his hand)
Not trying to miss the point entirely but that's a bad example, they both attacked each other.

But anyway I'm gonna drop that part, I wasn't even very sure about it in the first place. On the Mista thing I'm still 100% confident about tho.

Yeah but still have to discuss his speed feats and he damaging Ghiaccio

I'll try to contact then so they can comment here

My theory is that stands can be harmed by inanimate objects if it were a stand that used the object. Spice Girl made the bullets shoot through KC's hand, so it was a stand that was performing the action. I think that's kind of the only way you can make that scene make sense.

Going off of that, KC wouldn't have been damaged by the bullets anyway as they would've passed right through it (since the Pistols weren't kicking them, it wasn't a stand that was performing the action), but it still needed to deflect the bullets because they could pass through and hit Mista's body, which would've killed Diavolo. KC can touch the bullets for the same reason that intangible characters typically have the power to physically harm things in the first place: because it's fiction.

That said, they should still scale to WA due to being able to shoot a piece of a car through into it.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
My theory is that stands can be harmed by inanimate objects if it were a stand that used the object. Spice Girl made the bullets shoot through KC's hand, so it was a stand that was performing the action. I think that's kind of the only way you can make that scene make sense.
Going off of that, KC wouldn't have been damaged by the bullets anyway as they would've passed right through it (since the Pistols weren't kicking them, it wasn't a stand that was performing the action), but it still needed to deflect the bullets because they could pass through and hit Mista's body, which would've killed Diavolo. KC can touch the bullets for the same reason that intangible characters typically have the power to physically harm things in the first place: because it's fiction.
Well, Mista still damaged Beach Boy (But that could Pesci intention, but Idk)

On the second point, that's true, although I thought that Mista's body was out of danger-range, but the panels are inconsistent with his position. Sometimes he is attached to KC, while other is way behind and not visible on the panels

Mostly agree.

But wouldn't this also buff Ghiaccio's speed? Cuz it's currently "Peak Human. Supersonic with Hypersonic reactions via White Album (Can keep up with Mista and his Sex Pistols, even after they all kick simultaneous bullets into him, he implies his freezing is faster than Mista's speed)."

Since the Sex Pistols would buff up to Massively FTL here.

Any suggestion that you (or anyone) may have?

Just don't mention KC deflecting Mista's bullets. He was most likely trying to protect Mista's body.

@Unforgiven0815

Maybe? I mean, looking at the manga, he mostly on reacts to the bullets, but he literally doesn't do anything (in terms of dodging or blocking)

Sale would definitely be upgraded though

@TriforcePower1

Not for AP, but for speed. Mista says that because of the distance he can't dodge and it's forced to deflect the bullets

Maybe, but that's what Mista said

Also the bullets still moved several meters before KC could get the arrow from a relatively closer distance

https://********.org/chapter/24273/5 - https://********.org/chapter/24273/6 - https://********.org/chapter/24273/7

AidenBrooks999 said:
@Unforgiven0815

Maybe? I mean, looking at the manga, he mostly on reacts to the bullets, but he literally doesn't do anything (in terms of dodging or blocking)
Isn't that mostly because his armor is almost completely immune to the bullets, so he didn't bother? He talked after Mista shot them and reacted to the Sex Pistols kicking the bullets mid-air, guess he just couldn't figure out what they were about to do.

Yeah, I do agree with "Massively FTL reactions"

I'm just saying that he didn't MOVED at that speed

Back