• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Big One - Pennywise (Book) Stats Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Finally here, and I am nervous as shit.

Introduction
Originally, this was only suppose to go over the stats of the avatar key, but after a Discord conversation with Ultima, I figured out that I didn't need to change around anything with the Deadlights or the cosmology of the verse. So with that, **** it, this CRT is going all the way. Going over the stats of both the avatar key, and the Deadlights eye, along adding the P&A tabber for the Deadlights.

Now, as for what exactly this CRT is. I am pretty much rewriting the entire book Pennywise page, along with any pages that are crucial to scaling the Deadlights (Basically just the Dark Tower. Maturin isn't all that important to scaling Pennywise, and I won't be touching the Gan key. I'll leave that to the Tier 1 experts).

Here is the Pennywise rewrite, so you can compare it to the original. Here is the Dark Tower AP rewrite (This one honestly isn't all that different from the current one. Just some mild rewording that ultimately says the same thing, and added some scans).

Notable Changes
Just like with the last three CRTs, there are some changes that I will have to explain.

1. Fanart.
I know the pictures used in this rewrite are fanart, but since this is a book, there aren't any official pieces of art for Pennywise that are good or accurate to the book, so we had to compensate. This practice isn't new, has been around for years, and is okay as long as we credit the artists, which I did (Unlike the current profile).

Also replaced the Deadlight picture because the one in this rewrite is more accurate to what's described in the book.

2. Just straight up High 7-A.
The "likely higher" there because the earthquake Pennywise caused was estimated to be more devastating than the 1960 Valdivia Earthquake. However, I removed it since it isn't really necessary. Unless Pennywise completely screwed with the continental plates (Which is what would be required in order to warrant the 6-B rating iirc. Nowhere is it stated that Pennywise actually messed with the plates), then it wouldn't get him to a tier higher than High 7-A. That, and it would just be more consistent with what we have.

3. MFTL+ Pennywise.
This comes from an accepted calc that was based off Pennywise coming to Earth. It is made clear that Pennywise didn't use some kind of spaceship or meteor to get to Earth, he got there himself, so this is a speed thing done by him (Which is possible, given he can shapeshift into things that can fly).

Some others have argued that this is just Dimensional Travel, but that doesn't actually stop it from being a speed feat, and it hasn't with other dudes like Samur Maykr. The Losers literally watched it travel from "outside of everything", and there is no explicit mention of conventional dimension travelling means (I.E. Teleportation, portals, etc) being used here.

As for why we don't see him travel this fast in the rest of the book while chasing the Losers. Well, not only is Pennywise incredibly arrogant, believing that it doesn't need to do much in order to gain its goals against people, but it just doesn't need to travel that fast in order to accomplish its goals. If anything, moving at these speeds would hinder its goals. Think about what Pennywise wants, it wishes to eat people after scaring the shit out of them. Pennywise can't really scare people if it is moving too fast for them to react in the first place, hence why we see it move at lesser speeds.

That, and also, the Losers Club throughout the book are being benefited/protected by a higher power (See weaknesses) that is either Maturin or Gan (Both are reality warping gods that dwarf Pennywise in power), and it has shown that this higher power can affect the physical stats like strength of others. So that can be another reason why he doesn't just instantly blitz the Losers all the time.

The calc itself also mentions that this position is supported by other stuff in the book, such as Richie being able to react to things while moving at the speed of light. There is also that to consider.

That is pretty much it when it comes to the controversial changes.

If you have something to say, please do so.

Votes
Agree: DaReaperMan, ZeedKZ, XxZetsuxX, Roachman40, DarkDragonMedeus, Firestorm808, LephyrTheRevanchist, Elizhaa

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
I agree with everything, obviously besides the lack of a billion references

I also can't really comment on the tier 1 stuff for obvious reasons

I think the speed feat is, at best, travel speed (and really just probably dimensional travel, which does not necessarily become a speed feat unless there's a clear reason to say it does)

I still don't think it is just Dimensional Travel. As said in the OP, Pennywise is physically moving across the distance, without the aid of things that would not make this a speed feat. Plus, also said in the OP, traveling to other dimensions via raw speed is nothing new in fiction.

I am willing to say that it is travel speed, though.

Last edited:
Aside from that, how is everything else?

Edit: Your answer doesn't need to be crazily detailed. You can just say it looks fine and leave.

Last edited:
I should probably say now that, with the Tier 1 stuff, I am not changing the placement of the tiers. They mostly have the same reasoning as before but just phrased differently (In my opinion, for the better), with some extra stuff sprinkled in to support the tiers. Of course, along with scans.

Alright.

This CRT has received three admin agreements, a thread mod agreement (Two if we include Armorchompy, who is now seemingly fine with the compromise in regards to what he had an issue with at first), and five blue name agreements.

Is it okay for me to apply the additions now, or should I wait for more responses?

Fixed the grammar error.

Is it okay to apply the additions now, or should I wait for more people to give their two cents on this CRT?

Fixed the grammar error.

Is it okay to apply the additions now, or should I wait for more people to give their two cents on this CRT?
I believe there has been enough staff input to pass this.

I have unlocked both the Pennywise (Canon) and Gan pages. Let me know when you are finished with making the edits.

I've locked the pages. Are there any further concerns, or can this thread be closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back