• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance Negation Removal (GoW)

Title, kratos with the golden fleece shouldn't have resistance negation.

It all stems from the statement that medusas gaze has no effect on gorgons in GoW 1, but never is mentioned again after this game, nor is it built upon at all. Either way, resistance negation doesn't have enough context nor feats related to any other monster throughout the GoW series for this to hold any weight.

The biggest takeaway is that gorgons can be petrified by other gorgons after GoW 1, so medusas gaze part seems to have simply been retconned.

- Here's a 20 second clip I streamed from my PS4 to showcase gorgons petrifying other gorgons in GoW 3.

Last edited:
Yeah....agree that Gorgons can petrify other gorgons, this is shown in Ghost of Sparta too....where the QTE ends up petrifying other gorgons.....I believe Chains of Olympus has that as well. And he does not have Golden Fleece in these games.

But just for curiosity sake can you show me the statement fo the gorgons being unaffected by petrification?

But anyway more or less resistance negation can go.....

But hard disagree on the "Golden Fleece being a gameplay mechanic".....it's entire purpose revolves around attack and hax reflection....even resisting power null hax like Zeus Bolts and Hades soul magic.

Golden Fleece is even important in Kratos's progress in GOW2 where he needs to actively search for it to obtain it and use it to get past the Door to Eurayales temple which shoots petrification beams to prevent passage.

Just saying that Gorgons being affected by each other is more consistent than a single lone statement saying otherwise is enough proof for removal of "Golden Fleece powers up reflected attacks for negating resistances"
No need to use gameplay as an excuse.

Well looked at the Medusa Gaze magic in GOW.....seems to be limitation of the specific magic itself rather than a universal rule.....or just that the devs ended up retconning it in later games.

Eurayales magic works just fine in GOW2 against Gorgons iirc....but been a long time since I played that.
That was just thinking up theoreticals. I'd say logically it's just a retcon, and that's that. OP edited to reflect

Last edited:
I thought this was removing resistance negation as a whole for a minute there...
^^^^

Just came to give a pro-tip for future reference. Specify the character or verse that should, according to you, lose hax. If you just say "x hax removal", it really only sounds like you are aiming to remove the entire power as a whole off the site and you'd be giving a completely different impression.

Back