• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance and additional abilities for some Shinigami

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Aize

>Resistance to Space and Time Manipulation via one shotsKōtotsu. Why does this give him resistance? Simply put, Just being chased by Kōtotsu can throw someone to a different time period, but after making contact with Kōtotsu Aizen only strayedfrom his course slightly

>Resistance to Paralysis Inducement via The Underbelly is somewhat ineffective on him. Even with most of his spiritual power is restrictedand hisblacksuitmakes it easier for Underbelly to work, Nanana can only immobilizehim for 5 mi

>Power Nullification via his Reiatsu. He ca nullify abilityas long as hes way stronger than his opponents.

Basically Tokinada (New villain from novel) can copy zanpakuto abilities and he has copied the abilities of several shinigami including Aizen, although he has an inferior KS compared to Aizen because he lacks the spiritual powers compared to him.

Ichigo Kurosaki

>Resistance to Power Mimicry. Tokinada can only copy Zangetsu appearance but not its power (Not like Ichigo has much to copy but ok)

>Possible Reactive Power Level. Too many scan...but just read this or this quote from novel.

>Resistance to High temperatures (For Rukia Kuchiki, Renji and Tenjirō Kirinji as well). The same reason with Byakuya accepted resistance. They can bathe in Kirinjo's hot spring without protective suit.

For reference. Read Chapter 519 and 520

Azashiro Kenpachi

This is the description of his bankai:

Yugo: Azashiro can fuse with any substance whether it's inorganic or organic. Through the use of this ability his presence can't be sensed and this reiatsu can't be felt by anyone. An opponent once commented that it felt like "he just faded out of existence itself". He can fuse with multiple substances at will, allowing him to gain a great advantage over his opponents. He can also use his ability to mix in his physical and mental capabilities with the air or surroundings. Through the use of this ability, he is also able to see through all situations at-hand and can hear everyone's conversations by mixing in his senses with his surroundings. Using this same ability appears to allow him to outmaneuver Aizen's Kyōka Suigetsu's complete hypnosis. This ability can also be used for teleportation towards vast distances within a certain area effortlessly since he can transport himself within the same space.

Unknown Razor Technique: Each razor is considered to be very painful if it touches the skin, comparing it to "A thousand white-hot knives carving against one's flesh

>I think it self explanatory, he has Stealth Mastery, Teleportation and Resistance to Illusion Creation and Perception Manipulation and maybe give him Pain Manipulation for his Razor Technique? In Addition to this he also can create copy of himself, although only for his hands and mouth so he can cast hundreds of Kido at the same time, so maybe limited Duplication?

Note: Yes, I added all of them to his profile, but I got the info from here

Ichibē Hyōsube

>Minor stuff. He can hide an area as big as the Soul King Palacefrom view. Basically Invisibility. But because he already has invisibility this only needs to be noted on his profile.

>Barriers Creation. He can create boundaryto prevent people from passing through the place, Yhwach needs to destroy his boundaryin order to pass

Shunsui Kyōraku

>Attack Reflection with his BankaiFirst Da

>Disease Manipulation with Bankai Second Dan

>Spatial Manipulation and Water Manipulation with BankaiThird Da. Lillie cannot escape from the water no matter how many times he flap his wing.

>Maybe Durability Negation with FinalDa?

Shigekuni Yamamoto Genryusai

>Resistance to Fire Manipulation. He can withstand his ow15,000,000 degrees celcius sun armor while Fake Yhwach need to use his Blut Veneto stay alive. Yeah It's his reiatsu but it can still harm him, or just like how Rukia Shikai and Bankai can kill her if she don't have resistance to her own Absolute zero.

And for Comparison, Lord Boros has resistance to heat via (His entire species evolved to be able to survive the harsh environment of his home planet, which was shown to be covered in lava) and I think the core of the sun is a little hotter than lava..

Kenpachi Zaraki

>Immense Pain Tolerance. He virtually unaffectedafter tearinghis arm off.

Hirako Shinji

>He has Morality Manipulation via Bankai.

When he uses his Bankai, those hollow will think him as their friends while also make they think that everyone who is not named Shinji as their enemy.

Ushoda Hachige

>Space and Time Manipulation via this. But only for healing purpose.

Yhwach..Again..

Telepathy. Scan 1 and Scan 2

I disagree with resistance to poison. That ability was simply too weak to even work on how him. Aizen had no resistance he just had far bigger reiatsu

But that's not resistance to poison, since her ability was useless due to herself being far weaker. You can't assume Aizen is resistant to poison when reiatsu here is the major factor in play

No, he simply overhwhelmed her with his superior reiatsu. Even he himself said that a battle of Shinigami is basically a reiatsu superiority contest.

There's no resistance to poison here

>No, he simply overhwhelmed her with his superior reiatsu

Thats why he got resistance, he can crush poison via reiatsu.

MachTwo said:
>No, he simply overhwhelmed her with his superior reiatsu

Thats why he got resistance, he can crush poison via reiatsu.
No he can't, he made a B1tch out of sui fang because his reiatsu was that much higher. He isn't specifically Resistant to poison this way he just has so much reiatsu that attacks from someone as weak as her don't work

MachTwo said:
Bruh, Thas way to much shit, ain't no one reading that.

All I need to know is whether he canceled his own ability or did someone else use it on him?

Also this looks like another in verse mechanics with reiatsu superiority

My point is he can crush poison via reiatsu. thus he has Resistance. Idk what so hard for you to understand this.

And my point is, his reiatsu can simply overwhelm attacks from people with weaker reiatsu. This ain't an actual resistance

CTRL + F + It was impossible to attack unless one could cancel out the hypnosis by releasing reiatsu of Aizen's level

It's not really power Nullification, think of it as Hakai from DBZ. It only work on weaker enemies. Idk how much you know Dragoballz

Also, when was Yama affected by his own fire? Last I checked, Shinigami could stand their own abilities, save for Riki's who was specifically stated it did damage to her

Yeah this thing is similar to DB

For shikai Yama, he almost got killed by his own Ennetsu Jigoku

He had to sacrifice his arm to use Enetsu Jihgoku, don't remember how much they hurt him tbh.

Also you've posted Zanka no Tachi south ability.

That really don't give him resistance to heat. Characters own abilites usually aren't resisted since they are their own abilites and don't really affect them because of this specific reason.

Regardless of that, DB got resistance for similar thing and Hax from bleach can still work on much stronger guy, Mayuri shikai can work on Kenpachi for example.

>He had to sacrifice his arm to use Enetsu Jihgoku

Thats hado 96, not Ennetsu Jigoku. Read the scan above, he said he need to beat Yhwach quickly or his bankai will kill him.

**** I mixed them up.

I'll shift to neutral on yamas resistance for now, I'm not sure in exactly what way was that statement meant.

Aizen didn't resist Suì-Fēng Shikai with his Reiatsu.

His Reiatsu hardened his skin to the point where she couldn't penetrate it to deliver the poison. He didn't resist the poison, he was too durable to have the poison be administered through the tip of her Shikai.

There is a difference.

Also, wasn't that scene an illusion? How do we know that was really Aizen there in the first place?

I agree with everything else though, at least from the glance that I gave it.

MachTwo said:
Well Scafrom mangawindowexplain this more clearly
Btw. Their entire fight cannot be illusion since Ichigo is watching them, and due to their different in powerbetwen Aizen and Ichigo, he can switch place with momo in the last moment before Ichigo notice it.
Your scans aren't working for me.

And we don't know when Aizen switched himself out with Momo - when asked, he literally said something along the likes of, "When wasn't I using it?"

Who is to say that the Ichigo wasn't shouting at them the entire time, and they only heard him when Aizen dispelled the illusion?

And even then, it doesn't matter for the reasons I stated above.

Sui feng did penetrate his skin, otherwise that mark wouldn't have appeared in aizens body

Aizen just fodorized Sui fengs attack's with his reiatsu cuz he stronger

I am neutral regarding resistance to poisons.

In relation to Kototsu I was thinking about doing this a long time ago.
Gin also quotes that Kototsu was not a creature of spiritual energy, he is a creature of reaso (that would fit into what?).
In the Databook, it is said that the Kototsu governs Space-Time.

I disagree with Resistance to Poison as well.

He is not specially immune to her poison or resistant to natural poisons in general; he simply suppressed her technique with Spiritual Energy.

By the same logic you might as well give Aizen resistance to any ability shown by a Zanpakuto to he could presumably do the same thing with his Spiritual Energy against any weaker opponent.

I also disagree with Resistance to Illusion Creation and Perception Manipulation by the same reasoning.

For Ichigo too

reactive power evolution, it has been said that he gets stronger while fighting.

Resistance to seal, paralysis (Ichigo resisted Rukia's paralysis and Tessai's seals and pink hair face), manipulation of perception with sonido (it was said that sonido nullifies the opponent's senses for a moment) and resistance to it was able to perceive the movements of Ulquiorra that was using sonido, I do not remember well. I believe that this resistance and manipulation is very limited, Resistance to poison, it was said in the novel that the people who were affected by the poison began to have resistance to Urahara, grimmjow and others, may say that Ichigo probably should not have fought with him but he was able to resist without Orihime's help as Yoruichi said.

Sorry for not showing sources, I can not do this for cell phone (not by my at least) .. I can is wrong about some things, so correct me please ....

MachTwo said:
Ok he have power nullification via reiatsu
You pick, I chose the words Resistance because it easier rather than to give him power null via reiatsu as long as hes stronger than his opponent.

>reactive power evolution

I dont remember this, can you bring a scan?

>Resistance to seal, paralysis

No, Bakudo can be overpowered by physical force

>manipulation of perception with sonido

I am pretty sure that because he is much faster than Ulquiorra

>Resistance to poison

Nah its only for grimmjow

Shouldn't he have that replaced with Reactive Power level since it is through fighting?

• Battle: The characters development is faster than normal while battling. Different from the "Training"-Type Accelerated Development this type has a specific focus on increase in battle, which is larger than the increase gained through normal training. List Reactive Power Level instead of this Type of Accelerated Growth.

@MachTwo

It's like I said, I can not show scans unfortunately. Ikaku note that Ichigo can get stronger during the fight, another example is also Ichigo vs kenpachi, at first he could not even hurt kenpachi by having little reiatsu and soon after he manages to do a wound in kenpachi before he awakens Zangetsu and after having awakened Zangetsu, kenpachi observe that he can further increase his reiatsu even after he takes off the eyepatch, also has Ichigo vs Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Tensa Zangetsu, is shown during the arc fullbring and in his fight against Opie quilge, which according to the Quilge Ichigo was overtaking himself after absorbing the monster and using blut

KazuiK said:
@MachTwo
It's like I said, I can not show scans unfortunately. Ikaku note that Ichigo can get stronger during the fight, another example is also Ichigo vs kenpachi, at first he could not even hurt kenpachi by having little reiatsu and soon after he manages to do a wound in kenpachi before he awakens Zangetsu and after having awakened Zangetsu, kenpachi observe that he can further increase his reiatsu even after he takes off the eyepatch, also has Ichigo vs Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Tensa Zangetsu, is shown during the arc fullbring and in his fight against Opie quilge, which according to the Quilge Ichigo was overtaking himself after absorbing the monster and using blut
That's Reactive Power Level, not Reactive Evolution.

@MachTwo

And about the manipulation or annulment of perception, sonido was said to nullify the opponent's sense, this was said in the novels along with the difference between the speed techniques of some races ... When Ichigo Full Hollow fought with Ulquiorra and used sonido, in that moment he canceled the "research" of Ulquiorra that by the way is a sensor of reiatsu or something similar ... I am sorry to not be able to show scans, unfortunately I do not have conditions for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back