• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Request - Members with NarutoForums accounts

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
This thread is in regards to NarutoForum Calculations being blocked from viewing. There is a minimum edit count (or its functional equivalent) requirement of 25 edits, to be able to view the calculations at NarutoForums. Since most of our profiles feature links to NarutoForum calculations, hence this is an important issue for us to deal with.

At the moment, we are uncertain if the viewing restriction is temporary, or permanent.

If it is temporary, then the issue is simply a matter of patience. However, if this turns out to be a permanent change, we potentially require a massive revision project.

At the moment, our highest priority is to ascertain whether or not this implementation is temporary or permanent. As such, I would like members with functional NF accounts to ask NF senior members/community leaders regarding the same.

Please post any updates regarding the issue on this thread.

I got an account, in fact earlier today I compiled some energy values performed by Iwandesu and put them into a blog here for future reference (I credited him).

Honestly I can't be bothered to ask over there it it's permanent, mostly because I don't know who to ask but if it comes down to copying various calc and putting them here I can help with that.

"Blogs are being hidden from guests for the moment.
We might change that back when we can verify that there's no copyrighted material that might inadvertently cause issues."

^ The response.

Yeah not much on if this is ever going to be lifted. I'll just put the links to the wayback machine.

Won't work. If you put links on wayback machine you'll just get a guest view on the wayback machine. At best you can find old versions of blogs.

How about we do what we did with Proto's calc?

Make blogs and paste the calc, but give proper credits?

I mean that's something im willing to help out with if it comes to that. I've already done it for a rather important calc blog.

If it comes to that we can do it, I already offered to do that on the previous thread.

However, I think it will go back to normal.

Lina and I have previously backed up most of the Narutoforums calculations to the Wayback Machine.

However, we have not backed up ALL of them.

Well, routinely backing up Narutoforums calculations to the Wayback Machine is one of the instructions in our community page.

Necro-post:

Any updates regarding how permanent the new status quo will be?

Yes, patience is our best friend at this point. However, there was no response from the leadership at OBD? No hints as to whether or not the current status quo would be as is?

@Matthew: Looks fine. Furthermore, we can simply create a category "OBD Calculations", so that all OBD blog posts can be viewed/reference quickly in the future.

Okay, that is good to know. Thanks.

In that case, we wait for now. Should the "temporary changes" not be reverted soon, we'll organize a project for it.

Two weeks seems like a fair waiting estimate to me.

Okay. Thank you. That is very good to hear.

A month? Hmm...seems a tad too long, since the calculations are quite important in some instances. But I'm fine with that also.

If they have said outright that the problem is temporary, I suppose that a month might be better, yes.

I just figured two weeks might be too little of time for a temporary measure, so a month was the next highest time measurement I could think of.

After all, better we be safe and see if it resolves itself by then, rather than organize a project only to have it be rendered pointless in a week or two.

As I said, a month seems to be stretching a tad too long for my taste.

Though I suppose you're right, Ever. Weighing it against the magnitude of the project which may be required, a month seems to be more prudent.

Yes, a month seems good. I believe by them most everything in my to-do list on the wiki will be cleaned and I will be able to coordinate the conversion of the blogs.

Perhaps we could make a thread before hand asking which Staff Members or Notable Regular Members have active Narutoforum accounts and would be able to help?

Just saying right now, i can help, as long as someone else can engage in 25 messages with me on my account.

@The Everlasting

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Thank you both for the offer of help.

Back