• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a lot of time manipulation arguments for Gil.

I thought he was resistant to that via his necklace.

Friend? Hardly. In this thread, what you are is my enemy. I'm not calling you Alf.

• points trout sword
A-hem, that's it from me otherwise we derail.

Not like time manipulation is gonna do something do for Gil in this match.

Ren Briah accelerate his own time so i don't know why people are bringing this up.

Time manipulation? Nah. Most arguments for Gil I've seen so far are based in Sha Nagba Imuru, Enkidu, EA, anti-regen weapons as well as being serious and SBA (due to the initial distance, not because Gil pulls it from the gate and changes the battle conditions).

^Many people have wrong idea that Ren's briah slow\stop time around him rather than fasting\slowing his own

The only argument I've seen for Ren so far is "he goes fast and slices Gil's neck" despite Gil not only having methods of creating and keeping distance. HE KNOWS what's coming so he'll always be a step ahead and act accordingly. The chances of Ren actually getting in range are low and not only that.. even if he does get in range GIL KNOWS so he'll cover where Ren would hit.

@Aizen

However, Gil might be too arrogant to act on this though.

In Heaven's Feel, he foresaw the future where if he messed around, The Shadow would devour him. However, Gil simply dismissed it as his arrogance made him think it was impossible. Sure enough, The Shadow managed to devour him and convert him into mana before he could properly fight back.

/\ But OP specified that Gil is serious here, so he wouldn't be in his jobber character.

If he was in character I'd go "Hahahaha, he messes up horribly like always and Ren takes it."

@Gargoyle

Even if he was serious about winning, he may still not act on his visions.

During his fight with Shirou, he states, "I can't believe I have to go all out against a Faker like you!", but doesn't pull out any of his modes of transportation and hesitates to yank out Ea.

At that point he had messed around for a long time.

A truly serious Gilgamesh pulled EA first thing against Iskandar and didn't even let Heracles get to him in the VN.

Unless OP says this is serious Gil as seen vs Shirou, which is still a jobber Gil somewhat affected by CIS.

Wasn't that considered PIS? Also, there are other times such as Gilgamesh vs Rider or Gil vs Berzerker where he still fully opens the gate just to kill their opponent.

If I make them bloodlusted he'll just fly on Vimana.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Well, to be completely honest, Stay Night should be called Stay PIS. The amount of PIS and CIS there is amazing.
Gil's battels are full of BS because he is arrogant to no limit, dude got killed by fooking sakura in HF route

But aside from that i don't remember any fights that have PIS beside shirou vs archer

Literally every time they meet Gilgamesh. They always survive. Shirou gets skewered, Saber gets demolished by Enuma Elish, Shirou gets hit by Gil's Merodach.

"Dude got killed by fookin Sakura"

Don't you mean "Dude got killed by fookin Shirou" because Sakura is stronger then Shirou...

ZERO7772 said:
Gil's battels are full of BS because he is arrogant to no limit, dude got killed by fooking sakura in HF route
Choice of words legit made me read this out of context for a sec.

@Repp that's because he doesn't consider Shirou "worth" or whatever though right? Here he'd see Ren as a genuine threat/ worth due to his status as a god. And that may give him even more reason to whip out EA and kill him. Cuz you know.. he's the nasuverse kratos.

tbh, Ren still isn't a god(for now), he does have traces of divinity because of his relation to Mercurius, how much though in accordance to the nasuverse i don't know.

At the very least Enkidu is another obstacle separating Ren from Gil. I'm tired of sounding like a broken record so I'll let y'all sort this out. But this is a PIS CIS Serious Gil who has everything he needs and knows how to use it AND he knows everything about Ren and what he will do and when.

Whilst RENs strat is "gotta go fast"

I still reckon that 3000 times faster is enough even to dodge omnidirectional attacks, because to him they are moving in really, really slow motion.

I think most people voting Gil (myself included) are going at the fact that he would be killed waaay before getting 3000 times faster, since he is accelerating, not instantly becoming 3000 times faster in like a single second. Sha Nagba Imuru makes Gil know from the start what Ren's trump card is all about.

Otherwise starting distance would be a non-factor.

(In fact, anything involving Ren and speed equalized would be speed blitz in his favor if he insta went 3000 times faster and then neck as nobody would be able to avoid that.)

He can reach those speed practically instantly. And bringing Herakles also points out that Enkidu needs to hit its target first to restrict and bind their power. Herakles was shown to dodge and maneuver around it for some time, which Ren can also achieve with his speed due to Ouverture

Short story long. What made Ren can win the match is the point that he can move and kill Gil faster than Gil can pull off something from his vault

/\

This. And VN canon > Anime.

Also I want proof that Ren jumps from 0 to 3000 that fast, then. His profile states that he keeps accelerating with each passing second, it says nothing about instantly.

His speed doesn't immediately scale to 3000x "btw he can go much higher than that " just like you said he accelerat, but it doesn't take long as the the acceleration itself become faster, for example when fought one of three commander in the story he speed up to 600x and when he see that wasn't enough he push it to 3000x just like that his power work, he doen't go 100...200...300...etc

His speed and acceleration was described as limitless but since we don't want to go into NLF stuff we put 3000x his highest feat

Either way he still hold massive speed advantge

See I can understand Ren accelerating to a certain point then going "Nope, that won't do, gotta go faster" and pushing it even faster as the battle goes.

What I can't buy is what seemed to be being implied here as:

"FINAL ROUND!

FIGHT!

Ren gets 3000x faster, lolneckgg"

...As I said above, If it's legit like this, speed equalization against Ren will always result in blitz for him because he'll be insta 3000 times faster than whatever opponent he happens to be facing then he oneshots via neckgg.

^Yup that how it happend ~

One serious note : His accelration is just so fast and go to ridiculous height but he isn't on that Schreiber level where his speed just says "f*ck you" to everything you do, also if he goes too fast he can't control it although he can control up to 3000x

That's somewhat true. At that point he can use his Briah with less problem than when he was before that fight. His acceleration rate is really fast and he can reach that level of speed very quickly, i'd say practically instantly even. Then just use a MHS character and don't equalize the speed, there's plenty of character like that too

And i'll see if i can get my mother to let me touch my computer without throwing a frying pan at me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back