• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ren Amamiya VS Jotaro Kujo (Persona/JoJo)

Yeah, early game Ren.

I know it's in the anime, but if your Persona gets damaged do you also get damaged?

Ren might mistaken Jotaro as persona user, and those that are independent to PT that is a persona user is a psychopath. Although, normal Ran should use buffs and debuffs first. This is hard.

It doesn't say Ren is resistant to time stop, it says he is resistant to time and existance erasure.

I assume that means being thrown in time and somehow being erased, right?

I never remember Ren resisting time. Space-Time collapse? Possibly. Time stop? Not sure. Assuming it works, it's Ora Ora Ora + time stop GG.

Ok well since its jojo and persona.....

Akira likely isn't immune to time being completely frozen like Jotaro's Time Stop works. Akira does have Arsene's Sukunda, wouldn't that be able to slow Jotaro and by extension Star Platinum? But I'm pretty sure Star Platinum is better mano e mano than Arsene in a straight up battle.

Way I see it Arsene and Akira open up with a debuff, it works. Jotaro instantly figures they're trying to do something funny, time stops and uses his AP edge to win if he can close the distance. Voting Jotaro atm

Third eye lets Ren see how tough Jotaro may be, that will probably lead him to use buffs and debuffs. Sukunda would slow Jotaro down, so unless he was close already Jotaro wouldn't have time to ORAORA him in 2 or so seconds. If he is close he won't be making as many punches.

Jotaro doesn't really start with Timestop immediately, but then again I can't really tell considering the only time he used it in SC was during the Dio fight. I don't think part 4 Jotaro applies since that's an older and wiser Jotaro.

As for Ren, most of his other skills require other personas that may or may not have profiles. After opening with Arsene for the slow debuff he's going to increase his own evasion too. He may or may not try a dream needle cause that will put Jotaro to sleep. Then he'll switch cause Arsene is kinda wimpy compared to other early game persona.

Problem is he has access to multiple persona. I don't know what he would choose, One early game persona that Ren could probably switch to Berith. He's one of the strong personas you can obtain early game, so he has a high chance of being picked. He doesn't have a profile though. His in game stats puts his attack 4x higher than of Early Game Arsene. Adding to the fact he has an ability called sledgehammer. Unlike cleave or dream needle, Sledgehammer is a medium level attack. Not to mention it can dizzy an opponent. With sukunda and sukukaja in play Jotaro isn't really going to recover in time to assess the situation, considering Ren does this in a snap. Jotaro gets 1 , maybe 2, time stops in. Probably not enough to get into Ren's range and hitting him at the same time. If he does hit him, it won't be enough to take him out. Dizziness, sukunda, and sukukaja make it way harder for Jotaro to actually use Star Platinum to take Ren out.

If Ren does get hit at some point, a persona like Pixie can heal him in a jiffy.

There have been many times where Jotaro hasn't used timestop from the start as well.

It's more of a trump card of his really. He doesn't use it right away. For instance, he never once used it when fighting Angelo or Red hot chili pepper. And there was that one time the morioh gang discovered Bites the Dust with Hayato. Jotaro sent out Star Platinum, but didn't use a timestop. Which if he had he may have saved himself from being blown up.

I haven't seen much of part 6 though so I can't say much for that.

Angelo's stand was invulnerable, and he couldn't even touch him when he was in his vapor form. He knew this going into the fight, so him not stopping time immediately isn't out of character in that context.

Once they discovered Bites the Dust they had all died without any of them having a chance to do anything but summon their stands, so again, not really out of character.

Red Hot Chili Pepper was out of range and he already has adressed that he would rather get in range and stop time to maximize the damage, rather than stop time out of range and get a few punches in.

Still started it against Yoshikage Kira, Bug-Eaten and Pucci.

Oh I see. Wouldn't Jotaro then want to get close before he used timestop on Ren? He's got like 2-3 seconds. With that distance I don't think he's gonna make it to Ren in that timeframe. Not to mention since Ren is a new threat he'd want to at least observe him doing anything. Ren doesn't really look all that impressive or threatening. Jotaro isn't going to use his timestop immediately for these reasons. That gives Ren the time he needs to pull off the strategy I mentioned earlier.

I'm looking at both of their ranges. SBA would put this fight just outside of Jotaro's range I believe.

This would mean Jotaro can take a couple of steps and stop time, Star Platinum being in range. Ren not looking like a threat doesn't really mean anything, they are both willing to kill each other and not every S T A N D U S E R looks threatening, he's seen a boat, the fog, a dog and even a rat as stand users. Not out of character for him to be on his guard and assume Ren is a stand user right off the bat, so to prevent him from using his stand abilities he'll just stop time and beat the shit out of him first.

That's how I see it anyways.

Personally I don't see Jotaro as the get things done quick kind of guy unless it's really needed. All of part 3 shows Jotaro as the observation type before he gets dirty. With moments of recklesness of course, it runs in his blood.

Either way though I guess it doesn't matter. Ren's Third Eye will clue him in that Jotaro is a major threat. As soon as Jotaro takes his first steps, Ren will use Sukunda. Rest of the previous strategy still holds up.

NOTE: I sent a reply a while back but it isn't showing up on my end so I don't even know if it went through at all. So if this is a double post sorry about that.

Back