• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing time abilities for some characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a problem here

"Characters in video games shown and/or stated to be able to "slow" or "stop" time entirely might just be making use of an ability that consists of combined Speed Amplification, Enhanced Senses and Perception Manipulation, unless the game and its lore explicitly state it to be otherwise."

So being stated to be time manip isn't enough and you need that to be stated? I don't think we seriously believe that to have such power an statement affirming so is invalid and the lore needs to state that as well. Also it should be "or/and Perception Manipulation", if not just "or".

Hmmmm, any idea on how it could be better-worded?

I think adding "confirmed" in the end would fix things.

Also, Perception Manipulation is definitely involved, as one's perception is always amped to greater levels than one's movement speed.

By explicitly stated I think he means that it is said that the character can actually control time with actual proof such as other people being affected by your ability to manipulate time.

Example, a god can control the time of a person or the universe itself. This is legit.

If a character is stated to be able to slow down time but nothing saying that others are affected then this is just another case of perception manipulation.

Most of these abilities include people actually being affected, so to speak.

KLOL506 said:
any idea on how it could be better-worded?
"Characters in video games shown to be able to "slow" or "stop" time entirely might just be making use of an ability that consists of Speed Amplification, Enhanced Senses or/and Perception Manipulation, unless the game or its lore explicitly state it to be otherwise."

Xtasyamphetamine said:
It should also say that their so called time slow/stop should affect others to be rated as true time manipulation.
I mean, time slow and other forms of time manip may not do so.

Other people who witness the character using their time accel/slow should also acknowledge that they are indeed slowing/accelerating time.

Add this to my statement.

Anyone witnessing time accel/slow, ect. can be perfectly unaware of it.

If there's enough reason to say it's time manip, then it's time manip. A one-off in game description like 'Bob Johns slows time around him by holding down A' probably isn't sufficient, but if it's backed up by other characters or there's less burden of proof (e.g. Bob Johns has other time based abilities) then it's legit

Eficiente said:
"Characters in video games shown to be able to "slow" or "stop" time entirely might just be making use of an ability that consists of Speed Amplification, Enhanced Senses or/and Perception Manipulation, unless the game or its lore explicitly state it to be otherwise."
I have updated the text.

@Callsign Castle Already fixed.

Not sure what's left here, I guess something(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back