• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing SoL Kryptonian Heat Vision (DCEU CRT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or is anyone else willing to also make a blog on explaining even further on why the DCEU heat vision is lightspeed to counteract the anti blog?

Here
Superman_attacks_Cyborg_with_Heat_Vision.gif

Last edited:
This is the only instance I could find of his Heat Vision doing anything remotely similar to that.
What exactly counts as a glare?
Anything that gives off a shine on a black surface. For example, that painful glare you may get on a black plastic bezel from the light striking right in front of it. I remember Supes's heat vision causing a glare on the floor just after Cyborg was hurled aside where the floor reflected the light with an orange-white glare.

I agree with this.

BTW, what replacement feats do we have if we're kicking out Relativistic? I do recall an MHS feat somewhere
Superman is MHS+ in Man of Steel and his reactions are said to be equal to his flight or something. IIRC I chopped up bits of that flight before to calculate and one of the fastest parts were pretty high into MHS+.

So are there any other potential qualifiers for heat vision working like lasers other than reflecting off of Cyborg's shield?

His heat vision being hot is not something that can take away from them being lightspeed.
The point was that his Heat Vision is orders of magnitudes hotter than real life light and laser beams, even at "gentle" outputs, supporting the "Heat Vision is unrealistic" claim.

I concede that the lasers being too hot is not an argument I support, and not the reason I agreed with the OP.

There's really no reason for his lasers to have realistic heat.

It seems like the consensus here is to not consider Superman's heat vision as being SoL, and as such remove all speed scaling from it.

What should we scale from instead, and is somebody here willing to handle applying these revisions?

Okay. That seems fine.

Are there any accepted calculations for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back