• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove Shrek's Fear manipulation from his profile

Shrek doesn't have fear manipulation. People who are able to skillfully scare others are called social influencers. Shrek doesn't use anything like fear gas or supernatural powers to scare, so why does he have this again?

I aim on having this removed from his profile and others for similar reasons.

MilesTheMorales1 said:
Shrek doesn't have fear manipulation. People who are able to skillfully scare others are called social influencers. Shrek doesn't use anything like fear gas or supernatural powers to scare, so why does he have this again?

I aim on having this removed from his profile and others for similar reasons.
There are some characters similar to this category and don't always connect well with say social influencing.

Agree.

It also literally says on the page for Fear Manipulation that this sort of thing would be Social Influencing.

A prerequisite for Fear Manipulation is also that it has to be supernatural according to the page.

Anomalous N I W D E said:
There are some characters similar to this category and don't always connect well with say social influencing.
This applies to shrek though. He isn't using a neurological attack or anything special, he's just yelling and he's ugly. Should we upgrade Donkey to have resistance to fear manipulation because Shrek doesn't scare him? Seems a bit ridiculous.

YuriAkuto said:
I agree, it should just go away.
Shrek 4 make it pretty clear that it's just social influencing.
I forgot about this fact. People were actually begging for him to roar because they're fans of him, and when he did they ended up cheering.

I wanna see someone argue against this removal. If CRT ends without this removal, I'm curious as to who else gets fear manipulation.

Agree. According to the page:

"It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors."

So, what Shrek is doing. He scares mobs away because he's big and ugly, that's it.

Back