• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Revisions (Puss In Boots: The Last Wish)

I think I remember everyone agreeing that his AE should be changed into type 2 since he isn't incorporeal

unless if Puss got weird ass NPI out of nowhere

Last edited:
I think I remember everyone agreeing that his AE should be changed into type 2 since he isn't incorporeal

unless if Puss got weird ass NPI out of nowhere
Technically speaking the argument could be made since nothing suggests he doesn't have NPI. But of course it has no supportive evidence, is patently ludicrous, and likewise, nothing works as supportive evidence for Death being incorporeal either. He can still embody a concept while having a physical form, so I definitely think it lacks evidence. Type 2 is most reasonable.

I doubt that's what it is.
It doesn't kill on contact, but if one goes through the field completely, they are materially disassembled by it and die. It's kind of like a weird portal of sorts where whatever goes through it is separate but still exists and is attached to you, but if you go through it completely, you just disappear entirely. It looks more like a weird form of deconstruction than death hax if you ask me.

Although him having resistance to death hax would make more narrative sense for obvious reasons.

It doesn't kill on contact, but if one goes through the field completely, they are materially disassembled by it and die. It's kind of like a weird portal of sorts where whatever goes through it is separate but still exists and is attached to you, but if you go through it completely, you just disappear entirely. It looks more like a weird form of deconstruction than death hax if you ask me.

Although him having resistance to death hax would make more narrative sense for obvious reasons.
I guess it depends.
It DOES only kill you when you're completely enwrapped, but whether it deconstructs you or erases you or just kills you, I dunno.

Well the originally mentioned revisions from OP can be added, they're very clear cut and everyone agrees. Changing AE to type 2 was also unanimously agreed upon, as well as giving Death type 1 via being death and maybe type 8 but that's still a topic of discussion it seems, but most agree with type 8 and I also am in favor of it. The very description of type 2 AE gives him type 8 immortality by default anyways. I can't remember if there was anything else talked about worth mentioning.

Uh, no, he's literally appeared in the middle of literal crowds before
The wagon scene? I could see why people would think it's Perception Manipulation or Teleportation, but the thing is that we've been shown before that Death is pretty good at hiding himself from an entire crowd of people, like with the crowd that gathered around to watch Puss fight the cyclops at the very beginning of the film.

The wagon scene? I could see why people would think it's Perception Manipulation or Teleportation, but the thing is that we've been shown before that Death is pretty good at hiding himself from an entire crowd of people, like with the crowd that gathered around to watch Puss fight the cyclops at the very beginning of the film.
Except Death was literally at the edge of the crowd for the giant fight

Here he's smack dab in the front and center of the crowd

Except Death was literally at the edge of the crowd for the giant fight

Here he's smack dab in the front and center of the crowd
I still don't buy that it's Perception Manipulation. We know Death is way faster than Boots considering he blitzed him in their first fight, so him suddenly appearing behind a crowd of normal people isn't too weird. You could argue that it's weird that nobody in the crowd was bothered by the fact there was a giant bipedal wolf standing around, but keep in mind that some of them were too busy gathering all the gold or cheering on a local legend (read: Puss) to really care. There's also the fact that this is a universe filled with talking bipedal animals and other bizarre humanoid beings, and that they were becoming a common sight in human towns after the events of Shrek 2 and 3, and especially in Forever After, so them not being bothered by Death's presence doesn't seem too weird.

I still don't buy that it's Perception Manipulation. We know Death is way faster than Boots considering he blitzed him in their first fight, so him suddenly appearing behind a crowd of normal people isn't too weird. You could argue that it's weird that nobody in the crowd was bothered by the fact there was a giant bipedal wolf standing around, but keep in mind that some of them were too busy gathering all the gold or cheering on a local legend (read: Puss) to really care. There's also the fact that this is a universe filled with talking bipedal animals and other bizarre humanoid beings, and that they were becoming a common sight in human towns after the events of Shrek 2 and 3, and especially in Forever After, so them not being bothered by Death's presence doesn't seem too weird.
Ah yes, because Death just blitzed everyone there, stood Around for a few seconds, and left before the townspeople could react. Are you even reading your arguments?

And if there was a 7 foot-tall wolf who is whistling in the way of your cheering would you not ask them to make some space for you? And how about Kitty and Pero? They should've been reacting to Death's whistling in the two scenes they were around too.

Ah yes, because Death just blitzed everyone there, stood Around for a few seconds, and left before the townspeople could react. Are you even reading your arguments?
I'm reading my own arguments because that isn't my argument whatsoever. We've been shown time and time again that Death prefers to be stealthy and hide in dark corners, which he could of easily pulled off considering the scene takes place at night in a town that uses tiny lamps as a light source instead of something more modern, which would of easily allowed him to hide and then quickly appear behind the crowd. Also, he didn't even leave the crowd in the last scene?
And if there was a 7 foot-tall wolf who is whistling in the way of your cheering would you not ask them to make some space for you? And how about Kitty and Pero? They should've been reacting to Death's whistling in the two scenes they were around too.
You can visually see the two townspeople that were infront of him move sideways, watch the scene again the law requires that i say you should do this the legal way which i was definitely doing the whole debate. Kitty was too busy trying to snatch the map out of his paws, and Pero was too pre-occupied with making sure the horses lead them the right path.

I'm reading my own arguments because that isn't my argument whatsoever. We've been shown time and time again that Death prefers to be stealthy and hide in dark corners, which he could of easily pulled off considering the scene takes place at night in a town that uses tiny lamps as a light source instead of something more modern, which would of easily allowed him to hide and then quickly appear behind the crowd. Also, he didn't even leave the crowd in the last scene?

You can visually see the two townspeople that were infront of him move sideways, watch the scene again the law requires that i say you should do this the legal way which i was definitely doing the whole debate. Kitty was too busy trying to snatch the map out of his paws, and Pero was too pre-occupied with making sure the horses lead them the right path.
That literally was your argument mate, also, this is you making assumptions, we've already seen Death appear out of literal thin air before earlier in the movie, unless you want to say that a well-lit bar is magically too dark for a literal cat to see, occam's razor dictates that Death does what he's already done in the movie, instead of jumping through some hoops in order to give him an ability he hasn't shown.

No, they aren't moving at all besides waving. And Kitty would've noticed the whistling, she's a cautious bitch.

Pretty sure appearing at the front of a crowd, switching your eyes for coins, and making an eerie whistle would draw the crowd's attention.

we've already seen Death appear out of literal thin air before earlier in the movie
Teleportation seems fine, then. I only have gripes with the whole Perception Manipulation stuff.
No, they aren't moving at all besides waving.
Blatantly wrong.
X4a2AZy.png
5fRFNjy.png
xtKOb4o.png

And Kitty would've noticed the whistling, she's a cautious *****.
The movie doesn't even show Kitty's face whatsoever during the entire scene up until the end, where she gets distracted by Puss suddenly screaming, so this is a non-argument.

I'm still wondering how it isn't Perception/Illusion Manip because it was a big wolf in a cloak whistling in a crowd of people yet nobody even looked his way.
There's also the fact that this is a universe filled with talking bipedal animals and other bizarre humanoid beings, and that they were becoming a common sight in human towns after the events of Shrek 2 and 3, and especially in Forever After, so them not being bothered by Death's presence doesn't seem too weird.
Also once again, the fact that people were too busy collecting the gold dropped from the sacks, watching Puss in action, loudly cheering Puss on, and the fact there were bounty hunters on horses firing flaming arrows and causing general havoc around the place. You could literally hear people whistling in the background too.

Also once again, the fact that people were too busy collecting the gold dropped from the sacks, watching Puss in action, loudly cheering Puss on, and the fact there were bounty hunters on horses firing flaming arrows and causing general havoc around the place. You could literally hear people whistling in the background too.
Nobody was whistling besides Death.
Plus Death's whistle was loud enough for Puss to hear it through all the noise in the crowd how the hell would they NOT hear that?

36:50
Tell me how was nobody else whistling besides Death again.

Have you ever heard of trauma? Of course Puss was going to notice it because that whistle traumatized him.
It's not gonna matter if it's not loud enough for him to hear it.

It's not gonna matter if it's not loud enough for him to hear it.
You do realize that whistles are always loud.
I'll let the rest of the people following this thread decide if Perception Manipulation can be listed on Death's profile or not. I don't really have any more arguments to make, so I'll just repeat myself and say that Teleportation makes sense, and that Perception Manipulation is a no-go for me.

I still think Perception/Illusion Manip makes sense because there's several instances where he randomly appears in public for only Puss to see or even projects him self on a wall of crystals.

I agree with illusion creation and perception manipulation.

In a crowd full of people cheering and chanting, Puss could distinctly hear Death’s whistle. Either Death has the loudest whistle of all time and nobody in the crowd gave an actual **** nor even batted an eye or it’s perception manip. Even if this is a fairy tale type world where all kinds of things happen, I would at least look at the 6ft tall wolf whistling in the middle of the crowd right next to me.

And illusion creation just makes much more sense than crystal manip, it’s not like he’s actively moving or morphing the crystals to his will to stop Puss, and is more so using illusion manip to mess with Puss as he’s running away.

And illusion creation just makes much more sense than crystal manip, it’s not like he’s actively moving or morphing the crystals to his will to stop Puss, and is more so using illusion manip to mess with Puss as he’s running away.
This is what I thought.
Hell he didn't even FORM those crystals, that was the magic map that did that.
He just projected stuff onto them and shattered them.

Come to think of it, why did no one even notice the strange ass wolf in their way?

Back