• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
ElixirBlue said:
This entire thread reminds me we need to add Void Manipulation to Archie Eggman's profile.
Actually, wait, Naugus has Void Manipulation too!

CaptainFinnigan said:
Ehhh Idk then I'm honestly just playing devils advocate here and checking the reasonings for both sides
But that's the thing. Being a black hole is in no way something that's contradictory to Violet Void having Void Manipulation. Have you checked out the previously linked video? Everything sucked into the power of the Wispon within Forces just vanishes, and that frigate in Colors 3DS (I think) also makes it go poof.

Also, speaking in general here. The naming of the Wisp in no way correlates to why it's Void Manipulation. That was brought up by Eficiente for no rhyme or reason other than to just bring that up I guess. But what it does do is give us at least an indication when we argue over nothing.

Looking through the thread, and the previous one, I'm neutral but leaning towards agreeing with the OP.

...There is literally NO concrete evidence for void manipulation. Your making a conclusion based on the NAME and the VISUALS then saying it's void manipulation when it's stated to be a black hole.

And that hinders it having Void Manipulation... How? We've already established the Wisps work in strange ways, and saying it can't have Void Manip due to that is egregious.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Looking through the thread, and the previous one, I'm neutral but leaning towards agreeing with the OP.
What's even in the OP that's substantiated?

Eficiente said:
This is just another case of "the word void being used=Void Manip!"

Sonic characters with Wisps have Void Manip via Violet Void, but the visuals & statements about it make it extremely clear that it is not a true void of nothingness, just the hole where all the gravity goes. Heck it literally can't be a void due to all the gravity there and all the process it makes to make the gravity go there.

What's more I even saw a user some time ago pointing out how this wasn't Void Manip and I thought the power was removed, I find suspicious how the Sonic supporters who were there just forgot about it.
First is just flat-out wrong. No idea where that came from.

The visuals make it apparent that there is 100% nothing left behind one it comes in contact with Violet Void. AKA, Conversion into Nonexistence as Oblivion pointed out. Multiple games show it to be this way as well. And just because the Wisp itself creates a gravitational pull doesn't mean that the ability to make anything vanish is any less valid. Even at minimum it would be akin to Existence Erasure, which is a subset of Void Manipulation.

Third is irrelevant due to it being accepted in a CRT a year or so ago. If a CRT was never made to remove it, you can't fault us.

Hell, for the cherry on top of the cake? The Void Manipulation page itself uses an image where things are being sucked into a void. The only difference is that it's being visualized and stated to be a black hole here and not there, as if it's impossible for it to be a Black Hole that has Void Manip. That's egregious.

Elizhaa said:
Honestly, from what I read, I think the OP looks fine on the removal of Void Manipulation. From Occam's Razor, Violet Void look to be more of a Black Hole Creation feat rather a Void Manipulation.
My latest post already explains why this line of thought is terrible. It can be a black hole and have Void Manipulation. And if my previous post can't be offered a rebuttal, no "removal" is going to be taking place. Lest everybody decides to ignore everything I said.

Ah, I didn't see you in the thread. I wanted to eventually organize some form of private conversation with all the staff that supports this verse to question several things of it and express disagreement with some others (mostly the former). I feel that just making a regular thread about it would get extremely long for reasons that I consider unnecessary, like this thread on the one thing it points out.

This private conversation can be on discord or in a staff only thread if people agrees not to intervene. No conclusion that may change any profile needs to come out of it it too, I just wanted to really express what I have to say and argue a little about it.

@Eficiente, I do agree that some private conversations might be a good idea. I do have a Discord link on my profile if needed.

It is both because that's what we're shown. Did you even watch the clip of the Wispon, which is the Color Powers in a weaponized format? If that doesn't shout "it can be both" to you, then I don't know what can.

Regardless, I still never got a response to my comment. Either somebody responds to it or I keep my trap shut and refrain from debating this any longer. Assuming it can only be one or the other, or trying to include Occam's Razor on something that isn't mutually exclusive, is a very faulty premise when we're shown the things it can do.

Sure, Violet Void could be both but with Occam's Razor, you go with what is more likely; so from Occam's Razor, Violet Void looks be only Black Hole Creation.

That would be fine, if they were mutualy exclusive

Back