• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So according to Occam's Razor Sonic sucks you into a void of nothingness deduced by the name "Void". I don't see how tbh. "Void" has multiple meanings.

Idk maybe. Although Black Holes have their own page iirc.

EmperorRorepme said:
But how to we know the qualities of the void itself? To me it seems to function like a black hole. And depending on the context void can just mean empty space it doesn't always have to mean nothingness. Also wouldn't it be BFR rather then manipulation of the void?
You are making way to many assumptions that would go against Occam's razor, like unknow BFR when we see thing disappear, and the latter definition fits Sonic way more than otherwise

Violet Void is pretty much a Black Hole, EE is already a subset of Void Manipulation, it's not hard people

EmperorRorepme said:
So according to Occam's Razor Sonic sucks you into a void of nothingness deduced by the name "Void". I don't see how tbh. "Void" has multiple meanings.

Idk maybe. Although Black Holes have their own page iirc.
Because we also see things disaapear as well, not just the name

Void has not that many meanings, it's clear what It means here

I'm not making assumptions. I'm saying "Void" had multiple meanings and the name "Void" I'd what we're going off. So how do we choose what meaning to go off? Occam's Razor is the simplest answer? Which somehow makes Void mean nonexistence.

Conversion to Nonexistence: The user of this ability might be capable of turning targets to nothing. This can range from only turning the matter of the target to nothing to also turning things like its energy, mind, soul, space, time and/or concept to nothing. Note that most users of this ability have not the full range of the ability. Further note that one shouldn't list a character to have resistance against this ability in total, as that requires a character to have shown resistance against every imaginable ability which can erase a target.

This fits VV perfectly and is under Void Manip.

Shit like random BFR is a assumption, don't deny it

No, not just the name, that's the entire point of things disaapearing that is being overcomplicated

Yes, the one with simplest awsers is that, it's obviously not empty in the context, which you are not getting

Basically...

1. Assuming BFR is unsubstantiated and has no evidence.

2. Violet Void showcases "conversion to nonexistence", as seen above by Oblivion.

3.The video showcases point 2 very well.

4. Having a sort of gravitational pull means nothing for disregarding the ability when the Wisps in nature are already illogical by creating energy-made black holes.

So this thread will ultimately lead nowhere fast.

Ok it doesn't showcase "conversion to nonexistence" we just see them sucked inwards to Sonic and then they disappear. The assumption would be saying it's conversion to nonexistence.

EmperorRorepme said:
Ok it doesn't showcase "conversion to nonexistence" we just see them sucked inwards to Sonic and then they disappear. The assumption would be saying it's conversion to nonexistence.
Except in previous games Violet Void has sucked up an entire frigate and left nothing behind either. All the evidence points towards Void Manipulation rather than BFR, which I'm still unsure how that even makes any sense.

"All evidence" is merely the name "void". The visuals aren't enough to prove it's erasure. BFR comes from YOU GUYS saying it sucks things into a void which is apprently a nonexistence void which isn't proven.

EmperorRorepme said:
"All evidence" is merely the name "void". The visuals aren't enough to prove it's erasure. BFR comes from YOU GUYS saying it sucks things into a void which is apprently a nonexistence void which isn't proven.
Then explain in your own words what the feat is.

EmperorRorepme said:
It seems to suck things towards Sonic and then they vanish. Not enough to substatiate EXISTENCE erasure.
Vanish how and where?

That isn't shown or explained. That's why it would be an assumption for it to be existence erasure. You guys were saying it was conversion to nonexistence then transportation to a void of nothingness extrapolated from the noun "Void". That isn't enough evidence.

EmperorRorepme said:
That isn't shown or explained. That's why it would be an assumption for it to be existence erasure. You guys were saying it was conversion to nonexistence then transportation to a void of nothingness extrapolated from the noun "Void". That isn't enough evidence.
If you don't have a different explanation of what happens with the power, I don't see what else it could be than Void Manipulation.

Just because I don't have a different explanation doesn't make yours correct. Instead of saying the same thing here over and over mods should be notified for their opinion to conclude whether you're correct or I am. Via ad populum

EmperorRorepme said:
Just because I don't have a different explanation doesn't make yours correct. Instead of saying the same thing here over and over mods should be notified for their opinion to conclude whether you're correct or I am. Via ad populum
But what are you correct about? If you're claiming something isn't, you also have to claim what it is. The power from Violet Void happened and was displayed.

My whole point is it's not enough evidence to say it's EE or Void Manipulation. What I THINK it is, is some black hole based ability. Either way to conclude you should ask some mods.

EmperorRorepme said:
My whole point is it's not enough evidence to say it's EE or Void Manipulation. What I THINK it is, is some black hole based ability. Either way to conclude you should ask some mods.
But this was already concluded by Mods a year ago.

EmperorRorepme said:
Ok. I mean all I'm doing is challenging an ability of a hegdehog there's really no need to get annoyed over it.
But you're not challenging an Ability. All you're saying is an ability isn't something but not offering a counter explanation for it.

That is what challenging an ability is. Also I did provide my own explanation for why I believe it isn't EE. Repeating this isn't going to go anywhere.

EmperorRorepme said:
Why in the living hell would sucking things in a living Black Hole and then completely disappear being BFR? That's completely baseless

It is way more fair than anything you have yourself said, the evidance plus the name is already enough and you haven't proved what it would be, just saying it could be things but why it would be those

You are claiming that the visuals aren't enough to prove Erasure and not void Manipulation but then you can't seem to find any explanation on what it could alternatively be.

I don't know why you would say it "sucks things into a void" then. I was going off what I was told. Others were saying "conversion to non-existence" whilst others were saying it's actually sucking things into a void of nothingness.

I don't agree with the evidence. Let me repeat myself. The disapperance could be anything and "Void" implies multiple things. I don't have to provide what it is just to disagree with evidence.

This as Elixir said you have no arguments so there's no reason to keep going when most mods already agree and have used as so, you """thinking"""" so is not important

Back