• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This is just another case of "the word void being used=Void Manip!"

Sonic characters with Wisps have Void Manip via Violet Void, but the visuals & statements about it make it extremely clear that it is not a true void of nothingness, just the hole where all the gravity goes. Heck it literally can't be a void due to all the gravity there and all the process it makes to make the gravity go there.

What's more I even saw a user some time ago pointing out how this wasn't Void Manip and I thought the power was removed, I find suspicious how the Sonic supporters who were there just forgot about it.

Maybe it was, you would be surprised of how many times I see this exact behavior being done over and over again

• Something gets rejected in some thread
  • Sonic supporter makes a thread to add that anyway describing it with fancy & misleading words while making 0 mention of the arguments against it
  • Some other Sonic supporters come and agree with it too
  • The stuff gets accepted by an admin & added
Brilliant, is it not?

There's literaly no arguments against it here outside of same lines in the OP, yet alot of ad hominen against Sonic supporters that adds absolutely nothing

Which is ad hominen, acting as if the people are scumy in the way they do things, which adds nothing

Point is saying "Sonic supporters bad" adds nothing amd is a generalazation

That isn't as hominem. As hominem is avoiding the point and attacking the other person as an argument. His observation on Sonic fans isn't his argument or part of it.

Before I say anything else, you gotta relax. Throwing shade at people isn't gonna make them wanna be civil, which is the first thing we need. Why do I need to remind a Discussion Moderator of all people about something he has a role for? Take it easy.

Moving on. Pretty sure "Void" being used has nothing to do with the ability being tied to Void Manipulation, and is kinda just you bringing it up because you think so. Additionally, you're applying logic to the same species in which creatures can create a black hole using a fictional energy source. Regardless, the Violet Void has done things in a similar fashion of completely wiping out things from existence without leaving anything behind to know it was there. Without a trace, as the profile says.

Also obvious disagree, outside of the name everything sucked in it disaapears, obvious Void Manipulation, the name supports that, plus Violet Void being a Black Hole as well

My arguments for this to not be Void Manip are not the best on the world because it is incredibly obvious that this black hole-thingy is not a void of nothingness. Sorry I just not feel motivated to elaborate beyond it, if you want to use that as something negative for my part that you can take advantage of then go ahead, I don't really care.

We see it wipe out things from existant:https://youtu.be/mwM8YkL7ah4

And yes, throwing shade is hominen, being a observation doesn't change anything nor does It not make it, and It is part of his argument that it shouldn't be in it, a big one in fact

Point is, this adds nothing, and shouldn't even be in it

Dude. "Throwing shade" isn't as hominem UNLESS it's used as an argument. Like I can insult someone and I can use an insult as an argument for why you're wrong. Two different things.

Eficiente said:
My arguments for this to not be Void Manip are not the best on the world because it is incredibly obvious that this black hole-thingy is not a void of nothingness. Sorry I just not feel motivated to elaborate beyond it, if you want to use that as something negative for my part that you can take advantage of then go ahead, I don't really care.
You saying things are obvious is not a argument because I can say otherwise and it's obvious it is

If you don't feel motivated then just drop it

EmperorRorepme said:
Dude. "Throwing shade" isn't as hominem UNLESS it's used as an argument.
Whether throwing shade qualifies as ad hominem or not it's entirely unnecessary and leads to threads being derailed.

EmperorRorepme said:
Dude. "Throwing shade" isn't as hominem UNLESS it's used as an argument. Like I can insult someone and I can use an insult as an argument for why you're wrong. Two different things.
Still a insult, which shouldn't be used

I'm pointing out that it's a wrong accusation that's all. Either way it does seem to erase things but I don't think the visuals alone can qualify for EE.

EmperorRorepme said:
I'm pointing out that it's a wrong accusation that's all. Either way it does seem to erase things but I don't think the visuals alone can qualify for EE.
But we literaly have also the name as well, it's not only the visuals, because the way Violet Void works is unique to It as well

@Generic Is this a argument? Feels like strawman

Theuser789 said:
@Generic Is this a argument? Feels like strawman
@User

My bad. I was bringing up an example but It wasn't posted at the right time anymore.

Nah it's a joke, anyway regular black holes usually leave nothing behind anyway, so why is it assumed to be erasing the things sucked in for this?

But how to we know the qualities of the void itself? To me it seems to function like a black hole. And depending on the context void can just mean empty space it doesn't always have to mean nothingness. Also wouldn't it be BFR rather then manipulation of the void?

Genericstickman said:
Nah it's a joke, anyway regular black holes usually leave nothing behind anyway, so why is it assumed to be erasing the things sucked in for this?
"Void Manipulation, also known as Nothingness Manipulation is the ability to control and manipulate a void: nothingness or non-existence."

Because Occam's razor, the name plus that already implies it, don't Black Hole already are mostly Void Manipulation in most cases anyways?

Back